No announcement yet.

Control Room/Gate Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kym rolled her eyes at Almodeus' story but, kept her mouth shut. Civvies, both of them I'll bet. No clue whatsoever of the reasons behind the non-frat regs.
    Suddenly, she wanted nothing more than the mindless waiting in the Infirmary for a post-mission check up. Kym took the 6 bolts out of her pocket and laid them carefully on the floor next to the base. "Here's your bolts. Jaime, you saw where they went. Put them in," she demonstrated the pattern, "1-1, 2-2, then 3-3. Touch 'em once, they snug up. Touch 'em again, they lock tight."
    The woman picked up her jacket, "If I don't get a shower and some tea, I'm gonna kill someone. Call me if you really need me."

<< to Infirmary >>
    Last edited by Jynjyr; 19 August 2007, 06:35 AM.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

"Dude! Cool!" Devin exclaimed, hearing Kym talk about the bolts. "So, any ideas on how they work?" Devin left them on the floor however, he'd let Jamie install them once they'd found the place to set the DHD down. "Just don't put 'em in yet, I'd rather not have to pull them out again once we have to move the device." Motioning over to the keypad, Devin said, "Now, shall we get to work on the upper section? I don't think our DHD's going to be of much use without the keypad."

Comment

(Here we go, finally getting back into the swing of things)
        *From Hangar Bay via garage elevator*

Sharp came out of the lower portion of the gateroom, making his way out of the garage. Stopping to look around he nodded approvingly. Peering up into the glass he saw the DHD getting assembled.
        Oh god bless them... he thought as he jogged up.

Walking in, he watched for a few seconds as they started to construct the DHD. Seeing a doctor he had not seen before, he had the urge to introduce himself. But that could wait. He had to get to the infirmary and then find Blue, still unsure about how he would react about the alter gunny.

Nodding, he gave a thumbs up. "Keep up the good work people."

*Infirmary*
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

(( OOC: Warning- it's 1:17am and I've had a couple beverages. I'm just sayin'... ))

Jaime snorted at Devin's description of events. "I'm almost sorry I asked," she chuckled, but on the inside she felt something twist. See? It *is* you. Everyone around you is getting hooked up... You've had an opportunity or two and everything has fallen flat.

She looked up as Kym handed her the bolts and, essentially, fled. At Devin's question she blinked, getting her brain back on track. "Oh, yes. Good idea." She pocketed the bolts. "I have no idea how they work- yet. Haven't had a chance to even look at them, really. Kym found out how they worked while we were on that horrible excuse for Gaia in the AU. And yeah- lets get that up and going."

She looked up at a sound and found Colonel Sharp giving them a thumbs up, his mouth moving silently through the glass. Then he turned and left, and she could only imagine he was on his way to the Infirmary.

"Typical," she sighed. "You ever notice that it seems like for all the self-important BS the military shoves down our throats, that it seems like it's us civvies that end up doing a lot of the work and saving their... rear ends?"

(( OOC: ))

Comment

"So it seems." Devin agreed, as he made several quick steps over to the keypad. "I've been on the receiving end of quite a bit of flak from them over what they see are questionable choices I've made." Pulling off the dome/activation switch, Devin set it down, picked up a small crystal, and examined it. "Over bigotry, relations between the scientists and the military, and the rumours making their rounds." Placing the crystal inside the pad, Devin looked up at Jamie and asked, "So, is there anything you can tell me about the AU? Provided of course you can tell me."

Comment

Jaime pursed her lips, thinking. "Well, I'm not sure what I can tell you, to be honest. I suppose all that will come out in the briefing. Sorry."

She picked up another crystal out of the diminishing selection and handed it to him. They were making significant headway. "The techs should be back soon," she observed after checking her watch. "Think we'll have things ready to go?"

Comment

"Yeah, I can relate." Devin said cryptically, then, after having placed one of the last few crystals inside the pad, he affirmed Jamie's earlier question, "We should be done in a minute or two, probably before the techs get here, and I don't exactly need them to carry the DHD now do I? I guess for safety's sake though I should let them handle it."

Comment

"Oh, yeah, right, forgot- symbiote." Jaime sighed. "Well, I think it might be easier to position with more people- its just big and awkward. Especially the dialing part." She looked at it on the floor and grinned. "I still think it looks like a giant UFO, like they used to have in the old Earth movies."

She looked up as the first of the group of techs came in the door. "The cavalry's here."

Comment

Placing the final crystals into the keypad and replacing the dome, Devin said, "Well, they beat me by a few seconds." Then, turning his attention to the techs, Devin told them, "We'll be moving the base of the device here," He pointed right next to one of the workstations. "once we've done that, we'll move the keypad up on top of it and Jamie here will bolt it down." Before he headed over to the base to help with the lifting, Devin asked, "You okay with that arrangement?"

Comment

<< from Quarters >>

"My timing is perfect. The manual labor is almost done." Tyler walked into the control room and stood to the side, out of the way of the group man-handling the DHD into position.
                      sigpic

Comment

"So I can see." Devin muttered as he helped manhandle the base into place. Once he and the techs had done so, Devin picked up the base, with the others making sure it wasn't accidentally smashed into the base. After they aligned the keypad and the base, Devin said, "Jamie, if you'd be so kind as to get those bolts in?"

Comment

"I'll get those." Kym collected the bolts and flopped down on the floor next to the base. "I know exactly where they go."
                          Reaching behind her neck, she yanked her 'tail' from under her back and inched her way even closer. The woman snaked an arm inside the open hatch on the side of the DHD. "That's the first one. Give me the other #1, please. Then the two 2's and the 3's."
                          sigpic

Comment

Devin picked a bolt up off the floor and set it in Kym's outstretched hand. When she placed it in the DHD, he handed another one over, after repeating the procedure a few more times, Devin asked, "So, would either one of you like to connect the cable and get our 'Gate working again?"

((I'm operating under the assumption that Kym set the bolts on the floor, I'll edit if you need me to. Oh, and if there isn't a cable, I remember one being involved with the disassembly on Alter-Gaia, I'll edit for that as well.))

Comment

(( She did. ))

"Not quite yet, sir." Kym kept her arm buried in the DHD base, "I'm about to lock the bolts. It looks like everything is centered up."
                              With a little grunt of effort, she stretched to touch the bolts again, listening for the slight creak as the two parts clamped together. Wiggling out of the way, Kym rolled clear of the area and sat up. "Jaime handles the electical stuff, I do the mechanical stuff," she grinned at Taylor and waved to the DHD, "Juice her up, kiddo."
                              sigpic

Comment

"Please, just call me Devin, or Almodeus if you must, but anything but sir. I'm not a Colonel or a Sergeant, I'm just Doctor Devin Almodeus." Devin said, continuing to keep a tight clamp on the pad until Kym inserted the last bolt. Once she'd tightened the last one down, Devin released his grip and nodded to Jamie. "Very well then, you know what to do."

Comment

Working...
                                X