No announcement yet.

Control Room/Gate Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devin nodded, "Thank youuu." Checking the crates to determine their contents, Devin arranged them so that they were sitting with their bretheren, base crystals on one side of the room, keypad crystals on the other. Jamie had already hung the phone up by then, but Devin mumbled, "Good." anyway.

Comment

<< from the Hangar Bay >>

Jaime crossed the room, the cart behind her. "Looks like we're about ready to go," she smiled, turning to the techs. "Could you guys pick that up and move it over there? Its REALLY heavy. Then do us a favor, take about fifteen and let us get it set up, then come back to help us move it where we need it. Thanks."

She waited until the crated base was placed where they wanted and the techs left, then began to carefully uncrate the DHD base.

Comment

<< from the Hangar Bay >>

Kym started clomping down the stairs to the Infirmary. Something in her cargo pocket started banging against her leg with every step. She stopped and reached down. "&%#@*(&@," she exclaimed, staring at the Ancient bolts in her hand. Turning around, the woman trudged back up to the control room level.
        "Hey, Jaime," she called as she walked through the door, "I think you're going to need these."
        Kym held up a bolt and wiggled it in the air, "We don't want the top falling off the first time someone tries to use it, do we?"
        You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

"No." Devin sighed, "We wouldn't want the DHD that you people had to go to an alternate universe to obtain get wrecked." Grabbing the crowbar he'd been using, Devin helped Jamie unpack the base. Peering inside the base after it had been unpacked, Devin examined the cold-fusion generator before nodding to Jamie. "'Kay then, ma'am, if you'd be so kind as to hand me those bolts, Jamie and I'll get working on this bad boy."

Comment

"I'll stick around for a while and give you guys a hand." Kym dropped the bolt back in her pocket. "I might as well be doing something constructive instead of twiddling my thumbs in the infirmary."
            She shrugged off her jacket and tossed it on an empty chair, "Besides, if I do this now, when I get a chance to take a shower, I won't have to come back and get all grubbied up again."
            Kym surveyed the pieces and crystals layed out on the floor, "Good move. We tried our best but probably got some sand and grit inside it anyway."
            sigpic

Comment

"Well, feel free to lend a hand then." Devin said, placing a crystal inside the base. "We could use all the help we can get, reassembling a DHD isn't a walk in the metaphorical park. Now, could you grab those crystals and hand 'em to me one at a time?" Devin pointed to three crystals, lying on top of a soft cloth.

Comment

Kym carefully picked up one of the crystals, "Precisely why we didn't break it down to components on their hell-hole version of Gaia."
                She picked up another soft cloth and wiped her fingerprints from the gleaming mineral. "By the way, I'm K'ma Tyler, Kym. Captain on SG3 and Mechanical Engineering tech."
                sigpic

Comment

"Sounds like a prime vacation spot." Devin said. "Beautiful sandy beaches, sunsets all day long and all the martinis you could ask for I'd bet." Carefully placing the crystal in its slot, Devin reached his hand out for another after he'd done so. "Well met ma'am, now by way of introduction, the name's Devin Almodeus, new head of science 'nd all. Technically I'm supposed to be a wormhole physicist, but I've picked up an operating knowledge of other fields. Oh, and one more thing, I'm a Tok'ra, symbiote's name is Jaa'nik, she's reserved though, doesn't like to speak much."

Comment

Kym snorted at the man's description of the planet, "Sand from horizon to horizon. Sunset was beautiful ... because of the sandstorm that came with it. Bleh!"
                    She polished another crystal and handed it over. "I didn't realize we had a symbiote on the base. Pleased to meet both of you." Kym began surreptitiously studying Devin, watching for a sign of the symbiote affecting his actions.

(( Signing off for the night. Got to get up way, way earlier than usual. ))
                    sigpic

Comment

((V, your aren't suppose to tell them that Blue's a Tok'ra host before Blue tells Sharp and he going to tell everyone in the meeting anyway and Blue did make it clear that he was going to Sharp first))
                      Last edited by SilverRider; 17 August 2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

(( I PM'd Vampyr with a note about it. Taylor and Tyler, please don't react to this until he revises his post. ))
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

(( OOC: Ignoring the symbiote thing and moving on for now. ))

Jaime joined Kym in the cleaning and sorting of the crystals, handing each to Devin carefully. They were working on a hard concrete floor, and even with the padded work blankets they'd placed to protect both them and the DHD parts, she had no doubt that should one crystal drop it would shatter and they'd be in a world of hurt.

"Yeah, the AU Gaia... yikes. Nothing alive on there at all. Just wind and sand and more wind and sand and one very very hot sun. Made me appreciate the one we've got." She handed over yet another crystal and sighed wearily. "Although I'd *really* like to look at the back of my eyelids in my own Quarters sometime this century..."

Comment

((I just deleted it, after Finagle knows how many hours of fiddling behind the TV I am not in a mood to be futzing around with it.))

"Yup, sounds like a great place." Devin said absentmidedly. "Much as I love my quarters, been seeing a little too much of them, haven't had any intractable jam I've had to get myself out of, no Carter-esque last minute solutions as the iris is failing and the bad guy's about to come and kill us all." Sighing, Devin continued with his diatribe, "It's just been smooth sailing and frankly, I'm goin' nuts with nothing to do. Not so much as a single interesting scientific parable. You got lucky, you two managed to hitch along for the AU mission, while I got stuck here." Placing the crystal Jamie had given him into the DHD, Devin gave her a coy smile. "Though there were a few upsides."
                            Last edited by Vampyr; 18 August 2007, 05:47 AM. Reason: Changes.

Comment

"Hmph." Jaime snorted. "You mean with all the repairs after the quake, they didn't keep you busy? And upsides..." Jaime quirked an eyebrow at him. "What, you find a girlfriend somewhere?"

Comment

"Well," Devin began. "I was kept busy for a day'r two, but they didn't have much for me to do. So, a day after the quake, I went down to see if I could help, as I'd had nothin' to do like I've said." Accepting the crystal Jamie handed him, Devin loaded it into the appropriate slot. "Few more to go and we should be done with the base. Anyway, we ran into one another in the brig area as we were working, and come time to get a bite to eat, I worked up the nerve to ask her out to lunch. So next thing I know, we're talking about our fairly sordid pasts and I end up kissing her." Taking his gaze away from the base, Devin arched an eyebrow. "That answer your question?"

Comment

Working...
                                X