Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris laughed about the coffee comment.

"I wouldnt dream about drinking the coffee in this place. I tried it once and instantly disliked it. It didnt quite agree with me. I'll go get you a bottle of water."

Chris got up and was able to quickly grab a bottle of water and came back to the table. He handed Lena the bottle and sat back down.

"Semper Fidelis means always faithful its the motto of the marine corps. It signifies the dedication and loyalty that every marine has to the corps and country."

This woman has definitley seen alot of combat he thought to himself.

"Sounds like we have both seen some combat time. I received my promotion to my current rank when I was transfered here from my unit. They told me it was because I spotted alot of flaws in security protocol at my previous instalation. They ran a bunch of test on me when I got to the SGC before they would let me step through the gate. They told me I came up negative in the ATA gene test but that it would have no bearing on my position at the alpha site. Not much seems to go on here in cases of security matters except of course the big influx of people we had when earth was destroyed. You're one of the few people I have actually sat down and talked to for more than a few minutes."

He thought to himself he could definitley get used to her company.
    1LT Chris Barden United States Marines
    Alpha Site Security Team member

Aftermath RP:
    1st Lt. Chris Barden

Teal'C and Major Lorne -SSU RP

General Hammond: Colonel O'Neil what the hell are doing?!

O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!?

Comment

Lena took offered bottle without hesitation and drank from it. She had enough of tea today to drink something else.

"Thank you. My throat was born again."

She put bottle on the table.

"But my problem with coffee is that it makes me feel myself bad. I don't know about you, but I don't like feeling myself bad." - She winked to Barden before continuing. - "And I guessed that this phrase was some motto. But if I would decide to write motto of our military on myself, it'd take a lot of space. It says: Who will come to us with the peace, will be greeted by the bread and salt. And who will come to us with the sword, from the sword will die. These are the words of Alexander the Nevsky before the Ice Battle on April, 5th 1242."

Elena took a sip from her newly acquired bottle of water, and allowed herself to give out a joke.

"Yes, Chris, you're right. Nothing special happened here last time, so, I guess, your biggest security nightmare will be the invasion of the local carnivore cockroach-mantis hybrids."

She took another sip of water and finally quenched her thirst. Then Lena leaned her left cheek against the palm and started fiddling idly with her earring.

"By the way, you're third man with whom I actually had a lengthy talk for the eight months, so all is right with you had not talked much to anyone. Did I mention that all these lengthy chats happened today?"
      Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 13 December 2009, 08:09 PM.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

He smiled at Lena noticing the wink she gave to him.

"I like the sound of your militaries motto. All the people I have really talked to since coming here have been today. I have yet to meet the General face to face actually. I'm not to fond of feeling bad myself either."

He laughed alittle thinking of those creatures he had encountered on one ocasion.

"Those things surprised the hell out of me one day when I was walking outside checking the perimiter. I saw three of them heading my way pretty quickly so I opened fire on them and emptied an entire magazine taking them out. They werent much to look at after I got done. I havent seen many since."

Chris decided to take a shot in the dark with his next comment.

"I have to say out of the lengthy chats I have had today this is by far my favorite one."

With that he gave a wink to Lena before taking another sip of water.

Aftermath RP:
        1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Now Ovcharenko was truly surprised and left her earring in peace.

"Wait... You mean that you actually saw them? Just wonderful. I wanted to tell a joke and invented some scaring bug, but if you saw them and killed three of them... Excellent. My worst dreams came true, as always. Now I won't walk outside without an SMG or a grenade."

Elena took another sip of water, thinking over Barden's last remark.

'Okay... It seems that he likes me... And I like him too... Let's see what will come out of this friendship. I lacked a friend, who'd be a really special friend for me, eleven years already, so this game is worth the risk, I think. I'll take my chance.'

She returned Barden's wink to her in a form of a wide smile and playful look.

"You know, Chris, you're right. I'm pretty sure that it is my favourite chat today too."
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Chris had to laugh alittle.

"It wasnt what you described but it was definitley some kind of animal native to this planet. I had to play along.

He smiled at her before he resumed.

"I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the company as well. It's nice to just talk about whatever comes to mind."

He again smiled at her.

Aftermath RP:
            1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Lena finished her water and put empty bottle aside.

"Oh, that's good to hear. Then these things won't be so carnivore and hungry as I thought. And yes, I'm enjoying your company, Chris. We can talk for some more time, until actual mission briefing will start."

Her eyes found Lieutenant's eyes.

sigpic

Comment

He found comfort when their eyes met it made him smile. Something he hadnt done in a long while let alone as much as he had during this conversation. Since he joined the corps it had been awhile since he just had the time to sit back and relax and enjoy good company.

"I will be grateful for whatever time we can spend together. I have to ask something you dont have to answer if you dont want to. But here goes nothing. Did you leave abyone behind on earth?"

He thought to himself

I really hope I just didnt darken the mood of the conversation.

Aftermath RP:
                1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

'Did I? I guess no...'

"I'll answer. There's nothing painful in this question for me now. My parents died when I was five. My grandfather was my only living relative at the moment, and he died when I was fifteen. I had a boyfriend eleven years ago, but he was killed in 1994 on the Caucasus - we served in different regiments of the same brigade. After that I had no relationship with anyone. And when I was transferred to the SGC, I lost contact with my friends, because I was forbidden to communicate with them. So, no, I didn't leave anyone back home. What about you?"

sigpic

Comment

He thought for abit before he answered.

"I lost pretty much my whole family when earth was destroyed. The exceptions being my grandparents who passed away a month after my graduation from the Naval Academy. I havent dated anyone since highschool. I concentrated on my career and once I got transferred to the SGC I had to cut all contact with my friends and family especially when I came here. I have a few pictures in my quarters of my family from the day I graduated the academy. It was the last time we were all together in one place. But it didnt all turn out bad. All of us here are making the best of it and keeping each other company."

He met her eyes and flashed a nice smile at her as he finished speaking.

Aftermath RP:
                    1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

"Sorry about your family. I bet it was hard for you to learn that they are gone. And I have an old photo of the whole family too. This is my last memory of home. I almost forget mom and dad. They died 25 years ago after all... "

She laughed a bit at his last comment.

"We truly keep each other's company, yes. In fact, you're very good company, Chris."

She at last returned smile to Chris.

"So, is there anything else you'd like to know about my past?"

sigpic

Comment

Chris thought to himself.

Something about her just brings out this part of me I thought was long gone. I cant quite put my finger on it.

"Yeah it was hard but it didnt sink in at first. My main concern was to make sure that everyone got through the gate safely. But once I had some downtime is when I first thought about it. You as well are very good company to me. What was home like for you growing up as a child?"

He once again locked eyes with her but this time he blushed a bit and quickly looked away with an awkward smile on his face.

Aftermath RP:
                        1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

"Home? Nothing special, in my opinion. Just a small green town on the bank of Volga, about 650,000 of population. An airbase with plenty of strategical bombers, fighters and helicopters. And Gagarin's landing site. Not much to tell you about."

Barden blushed and looked away, like he was afraid to met with her eyes again.

'Aha. That's something new. Let's play with it then. I feel playful today.'

"Hey, Chris, what's the matter? Is my gaze as heavy as people say, so there're only a few people capable of looking into my eyes for a long enough time, or what, eh?"

sigpic

Comment

Chris knew he had put himself in quite a unique situation. He thought to himself.

Crap how could I have let that happen I just met the woman today. I have commanded platoons into combat before but still something about her just gets to me.

"Sorry about that. I didnt mean for it to happen. Its just something about looking into your eyes that frees any burden I may be feeling. It has a calming effect on me of sorts. I feel more relaxed around you. I havent felt this relaxed in awhile. I'm going to be honest you are the reason for it. I'm sorry I'm babbling."

He thought to himself

Great now she knows she pretty much has you in her hands. Well there are definitley worse things in life.

Aftermath RP:
                            1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent
                              Spoiler:
                              Scorpio listened to Lance and muttered in return, so the others wouldn't hear:

"Comrade Lieutenant, please keep in mind, that if I ever get through with somebody, there's nothing to clean up. And I remember perfectly well that we're going on a mission. You told me that before. But I thought we'd be going alone, only SG-7."

She returned her attention to the other men, waiting for their next move.
                              Lance looked between the two officers, a little miffed, and a lot amused at the unfolding scene. He'd just been trying to gather his thoughts to best respond to Elena's question.

“Lieutenant Barden, are you quite finished flirting with my XO?” Tallon kept the pressure applied on the marine--his fellow marine. "You know, now is really not the best time. I understand you think she's hot and all, but I do need to discuss a couple of things with her, if you don't mind."

Tallon finally redirected his attention—now on the Russian woman across from him. “Lieutenant Ovcharenko, are you done twisting the poor guy around your finger?” He rolled his eyes in an exaggerated loop. Had the base turned into a bunch of teenagers when he hadn't been looking? Worse yet, had he?

Lance lowered his voice again, keeping the conversation private."Now to answer your question. The one you couldn't wait just a couple of seconds for. If you're concerned we're bringing SG-6, we're not. Well actually, I suppose we are. But they're only providing insertion before they continue on their own way."

Comment

In the middle of her people-watching (always a fun passtime whenever one was alone in a crowded room), Ryn felt herself being drawn to a couple of young officers, a male and a female. They seemed to be engrossed in their conversation. Sometimes she picked up a word here and there across the murmur, but it never really meant anything.
                                Still, she was shocked as the woman rolled up a sleeve and showed a strange marking on the arm. It seemed to be of no consequence to the man, but Ryn's shock grew even more as he took off the vest he was wearing and then showed off HIS marking. She couldn't really see exactly what it all was from her position, but it sure was huge. From their body language it seemed to be something to be proud of. Ryn didn't really understand what was going on. In her reality, only Jaffa's had marks like that. These people weren't Jaffa. They were plain humans. She'd discerned that much from their behaviour and soft words. So... if this was something to be actually proud of, why did people do it ? What did it mean, why did they mutilate their body like that ? The drawings or markings seemed to be permanent things. Did all military have these ? Ryn had never seen any others before now.

Fretting over this, the redhead continued to finish up her meal, in hopes of maybe finding a team mate to talk to, or someone else as the case may be. She had noticed a few teams come in and mingle and chat and eat.
                                As she focused once more on her food, she failed to notice the small flirt between the two 'marked' officers.

Comment

Working...
                                X