X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    {Mr. James Sheen}

"Doesn't look like Replicator blocks, so we might have a first contact here with an unknown race of machine beings. Definitely needs to bring both the disk and and this woman back to the SGC and see if we can get her 'rebooted,'" said James, examining the robotic woman.
    {Teyilia} {Toothless}

Tey made her way over to where James and Toothless were near the woman. She stared for but a moment as she watched the glowing of the ash white blocks of the womans arm. The ash white seemed to go from bight to dim, and back again. As if the woman was breathing. Yeah, Rodney royally screwed up. "She's not a replicator, muchless something you guys should fear." Teyilia finally said. The feline woman knelt to one knee as she examined the wound where the womans arm ended in blocky appearance. the rest of her body was just fine, but her right arm.

Toothless sat there looking thoughtful, unsure of what to say or do, he was thinking thr exact same as the feline. He voiced his thought carefully. "She is most likely one of the OPs McKay spoke about recently." There had been a report about some new comebat programs used against the Asurans in Teyilias universe, doubtless useful here. OPs they were called, very useful items.

Teyilia nodded as Toothless spoke, "exactly, its possible that Rodney mistyped something again and she came here" She looked to the wound again, "I wonder what she had gone through..."

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Todd

Todd was now stood looking over the shoulder of James, he grumbled

"Humans...always meddling with things they know nothing about"

Cabin

Thor

Thor awoke, he held his head and groaned

"That is the last time i drink Earth liquids" He moved slightly in the chair and heard raised voices, he recognised one.

"O'Neill, it is indeed a pleasure to see you again" And he pushed the santa hat back up onto his head and staggered towards Jack.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        {Teyilia} {Toothless}

Tey made her way over to where James and Toothless were near the woman. She stared for but a moment as she watched the glowing of the ash white blocks of the womans arm. The ash white seemed to go from bight to dim, and back again. As if the woman was breathing. Yeah, Rodney royally screwed up. "She's not a replicator, muchless something you guys should fear." Teyilia finally said. The feline woman knelt to one knee as she examined the wound where the womans arm ended in blocky appearance. the rest of her body was just fine, but her right arm.

Toothless sat there looking thoughtful, unsure of what to say or do, he was thinking thr exact same as the feline. He voiced his thought carefully. "She is most likely one of the OPs McKay spoke about recently." There had been a report about some new comebat programs used against the Asurans in Teyilias universe, doubtless useful here. OPs they were called, very useful items.

Teyilia nodded as Toothless spoke, "exactly, its possible that Rodney mistyped something again and she came here" She looked to the wound again, "I wonder what she had gone through..."
        Originally posted by pookey View Post
        Todd

Todd was now stood looking over the shoulder of James, he grumbled

"Humans...always meddling with things they know nothing about"

Cabin

Thor

Thor awoke, he held his head and groaned

"That is the last time i drink Earth liquids" He moved slightly in the chair and heard raised voices, he recognised one.

"O'Neill, it is indeed a pleasure to see you again" And he pushed the santa hat back up onto his head and staggered towards Jack.
        {Mr. James Sheen}

"Hmm, interesting. A race capable of fighting the Asurans. Could be very useful indeed. All the more reason to get her to the SGC so they can work on fixing her up." James said to Tey and Toothless.

To Todd he said: "Well, that's us humans for ya. We are learning after all, and sometimes despite the precautionary measures most of us usually take when we are learning, sometimes mistakes happen. What matters is that we learn from them and move on. Though in McKay's case he does seem to frequently exhibit an alarming tendency towards blundering into the unknown without taking hardly any precautions at all. He's a brilliant man as far as his knowledge goes, but he never stops to think about if he SHOULD do something before doing it. You'd think he learned his lesson after he took out a whole solar system by messing around with a failed Ancient experiment in a form of power generation that could make their ZPM's look like alkaline batteries. But there was a reason the experiment failed, and McKay found out that reason the hard way."

Comment

{Mr. James Sheen}

"Hmm, interesting. A race capable of fighting the Asurans. Could be very useful indeed. All the more reason to get her to the SGC so they can work on fixing her up." James said to Tey and Toothless.

To Todd he said: "Well, that's us humans for ya. We are learning after all, and sometimes despite the precautionary measures most of us usually take when we are learning, sometimes mistakes happen. What matters is that we learn from them and move on. Though in McKay's case he does seem to frequently exhibit an alarming tendency towards blundering into the unknown without taking hardly any precautions at all. He's a brilliant man as far as his knowledge goes, but he never stops to think about if he SHOULD do something before doing it. You'd think he learned his lesson after he took out a whole solar system by messing around with a failed Ancient experiment in a form of power generation that could make their ZPM's look like alkaline batteries. But there was a reason the experiment failed, and McKay found out that reason the hard way."
          {Teyilia}

Looked up to James from where she knelt next to the injured woman. When he mentioned what McKay had done, and referance to the Ancient expierment, she stared for but a moment before saying "You're kidding right?" This just had to have been one of those other realities Agent Jackson talked about. If it was, that spelled trouble for this woman. Even for Teyilia herself.

She shook her head, "No, taking her to the SGC would be a very bad idea. The first thing they'd do there is pick her apart instead of healing her. I mean, look at her arm, wouldn't you want to fix that, or would you want to get a beetter look at the datastream she carries that passes for blood?" She was mostly right.

Mostly.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

{Teyilia}

Looked up to James from where she knelt next to the injured woman. When he mentioned what McKay had done, and referance to the Ancient expierment, she stared for but a moment before saying "You're kidding right?" This just had to have been one of those other realities Agent Jackson talked about. If it was, that spelled trouble for this woman. Even for Teyilia herself.

She shook her head, "No, taking her to the SGC would be a very bad idea. The first thing they'd do there is pick her apart instead of healing her. I mean, look at her arm, wouldn't you want to fix that, or would you want to get a beetter look at the datastream she carries that passes for blood?" She was mostly right.

Mostly.
            {Mr. James Sheen}

"Well when you put it into those terms it would make fixing her all the more paramount because if this datastream you mention is analogous to blood in this woman, it means she's leaking it at a rather alarming rate. Thus before being able to access any data that she might be carrying, she would have to be patched up first. And that would likely make that disk thing a backup storage device of somekind for the data she carries like blood. But you are right I suppose. They still haven't gotten rid of all the rogue elements in the SGC that would sooner disassemble her than repair her," said James.

Comment

{Mr. James Sheen}

"Well when you put it into those terms it would make fixing her all the more paramount because if this datastream you mention is analogous to blood in this woman, it means she's leaking it at a rather alarming rate. Thus before being able to access any data that she might be carrying, she would have to be patched up first. And that would likely make that disk thing a backup storage device of somekind for the data she carries like blood. But you are right I suppose. They still haven't gotten rid of all the rogue elements in the SGC that would sooner disassemble her than repair her," said James.
              {Teyilia}

Teyilia smiled slightly, Maybe it was time she used her own knowledge she had learned of the Ops and otherwise with McKay's blundering abouts with the Atlantis computers. "This woman is a OP, When injured the injury forms a blocky appearance, like you see here. Apparently whatever hit her, got her hard enough to make her loss her arm." Seeing the confused look on James, and also Todd's faces she explained as simply as she could.

"When injured, the broken data forms tiny blocks, inert, useless, they fade, if a finger were to be broken or cut off, it would fall to many pieces then fade to nothing but thin air. in this case the wound she took was grevious enough for her to loose her arm, it must have fallen into millions of pieces."

She called to the soldiers holding the disc, "Bring that over here." The feline called to the men, when they came over to her Teyilia took hold of the disc and looked it over. trying to remember something from long ago. How had she and McKay done it before on OPR? As she held the disc, what appeared to be tiny bits of dats streams along the inner edge of the disc. She held it level a moment, then a full 3D hologram in white appeared showing the womans head. Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                []http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/nirtisig-1.jpg[/IMG]

With her arm still around the General, Nirrti looked askance at Teal'c. "Oh my poor big former first prime to he who shall remain nameless, you wound me...don't you think now we could let bygones be bygone and kiss and make up?"
                {Teal'c}

"No.As I said, I think we should just shoot you. I would do it right now, but I was not allowed to being my staff weapon..." As he said that last part the looked at General Landry.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

{Teyilia}

Teyilia smiled slightly, Maybe it was time she used her own knowledge she had learned of the Ops and otherwise with McKay's blundering abouts with the Atlantis computers. "This woman is a OP, When injured the injury forms a blocky appearance, like you see here. Apparently whatever hit her, got her hard enough to make her loss her arm." Seeing the confused look on James, and also Todd's faces she explained as simply as she could.

"When injured, the broken data forms tiny blocks, inert, useless, they fade, if a finger were to be broken or cut off, it would fall to many pieces then fade to nothing but thin air. in this case the wound she took was grevious enough for her to loose her arm, it must have fallen into millions of pieces."

She called to the soldiers holding the disc, "Bring that over here." The feline called to the men, when they came over to her Teyilia took hold of the disc and looked it over. trying to remember something from long ago. How had she and McKay done it before on OPR? As she held the disc, what appeared to be tiny bits of dats streams along the inner edge of the disc. She held it level a moment, then a full 3D hologram in white appeared showing the womans head. Now what?
                  {Mr. James Sheen}

"Hmm," said James, thinking. "I think I sort of get it. The lost arm I think could be considered like a lost data packet. So maybe I wasn't too far off thinking of the disc as a storage device. But instead of ordinary data it stores the datastream that makes up this woman's entire being. And the disc can be used to restore whatever segments of her datastream have become lost to us. Simply amazing. Technology of this magnitude is far beyond anything I know of...possibly even the Asurans. Tey, since you seem to know more about this woman, I will leave her in your capable hands, errr, claws, errrr, whatever."

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                    {Teal'c}

"No.As I said, I think we should just shoot you. I would do it right now, but I was not allowed to being my staff weapon..." As he said that last part the looked at General Landry.
                    {Mr. James Sheen}

"Hmm," said James, thinking. "I think I sort of get it. The lost arm I think could be considered like a lost data packet. So maybe I wasn't too far off thinking of the disc as a storage device. But instead of ordinary data it stores the datastream that makes up this woman's entire being. And the disc can be used to restore whatever segments of her datastream have become lost to us. Simply amazing. Technology of this magnitude is far beyond anything I know of...possibly even the Asurans. Tey, since you seem to know more about this woman, I will leave her in your capable hands, errr, claws, errrr, whatever."
                    {Hank} {Teyilia} {Layla}

Hank looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel, but he worked hard inside to keep himself calm as he could. "No, I said it once, when Teyilia returns, she will deal with our newst arrival, according to the mission report, she was last to have to deal with.... this." He said to Teal'c.

++++++

Teyilia smiled as she listed to James speak, she shifted, similar to a 3D iPad or the like, through the data on the disc. How had Carson done it again? or was Carson even there to begin with? She shifted through the data on the disc, all sorts of things shifted by. Finally she found what she was looking for, marked against the white data in gold. What was showing on the disc was a full 3D hologram in white, with the injured point in gold. It was Laylas DNA string. "Lets hope this works." Teyilia said softly, placing two fingers against the gold DNA links, they appeared to be pulled from the string, gathering into a tiny lego sized block of data. She flicted it away, as she did so, it faded into nothing.

Well, the injury was gone, She breathed slightly, the DNA string rebuilt itself where the gold links once were. There. Teyilia then shifted back through the data to the first hologram that appeared, then the disc shut itself down. "Hold this." She said to James, holding the disc towards the man, her other hand reaching for the injured woman. Like the other OPs she had met, this one most likely had a connection for her disc on her somewhere.

Comment

{Hank} {Teyilia} {Layla}

Hank looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel, but he worked hard inside to keep himself calm as he could. "No, I said it once, when Teyilia returns, she will deal with our newst arrival, according to the mission report, she was last to have to deal with.... this." He said to Teal'c.

++++++

Teyilia smiled as she listed to James speak, she shifted, similar to a 3D iPad or the like, through the data on the disc. How had Carson done it again? or was Carson even there to begin with? She shifted through the data on the disc, all sorts of things shifted by. Finally she found what she was looking for, marked against the white data in gold. What was showing on the disc was a full 3D hologram in white, with the injured point in gold. It was Laylas DNA string. "Lets hope this works." Teyilia said softly, placing two fingers against the gold DNA links, they appeared to be pulled from the string, gathering into a tiny lego sized block of data. She flicted it away, as she did so, it faded into nothing.

Well, the injury was gone, She breathed slightly, the DNA string rebuilt itself where the gold links once were. There. Teyilia then shifted back through the data to the first hologram that appeared, then the disc shut itself down. "Hold this." She said to James, holding the disc towards the man, her other hand reaching for the injured woman. Like the other OPs she had met, this one most likely had a connection for her disc on her somewhere.
                      {Mr. James Sheen}

"Amazing," said James, taking the disc from Tey and carefully and gently holding it. The disc stored a backup of this woman's DNA and molecular structures. He could ill afford to lose it to careless handling. "I wonder if, after she wakes up, we could devise a way, with her help, to lock this device under a password so that no one with evil intent could misuse this device."

Comment

{Mr. James Sheen}

"Amazing," said James, taking the disc from Tey and carefully and gently holding it. The disc stored a backup of this woman's DNA and molecular structures. He could ill afford to lose it to careless handling. "I wonder if, after she wakes up, we could devise a way, with her help, to lock this device under a password so that no one with evil intent could misuse this device."
                        {Teyilia} {Layla}

Tey said nothing as she felt around on the womans back, there. Just like the other OPs that Tey had come across thanks to Rodney, She pulled Layla forwards just enough to let the disc's contact point come into view. She reached her tail towards the disc in James hand. "We have to reconnect the disc, Without it, she wont heal" She ws right, no changes had come over the woman's injury. But once the disc was reconnected to its port location at the small of the womans back.

Comment

{Teyilia} {Layla}

Tey said nothing as she felt around on the womans back, there. Just like the other OPs that Tey had come across thanks to Rodney, She pulled Layla forwards just enough to let the disc's contact point come into view. She reached her tail towards the disc in James hand. "We have to reconnect the disc, Without it, she wont heal" She ws right, no changes had come over the woman's injury. But once the disc was reconnected to its port location at the small of the womans back.
                          {Mr. James Sheen}

James very carefully, as if he was a priest handling the Blessed Sacrament, handed the disc device back to Tey. "I sure hope this works," said James worriedly. Any life lost was a tragedy, even if that life depends too much on technology for human liking, thought James

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                            {Teal'c}

Moving away from General O'Neill, Nirrti stood as close as she could to teal'c, her perfume alone probably would have drawn him in if nothing else. She lowered head and looked up again, a different voice spoke this time. "I am Mareesh, I have been Nirrti's host for a very long while and what she says is true. We don't know how it happened the last I remembered was having my neck snapped. But somehow when her jaffa recovered the body and left us in a sarcophogas a change occured. For one when it was done, the sarcophogas was destroyed and we can no longer use one. Then all my suppresed memories were returned to me and we were both horrified at what we had done." She looked truly sad now. "I have spent the better part of a year atoning for my sins, helping people of the galaxy and way I could."

Comment

{Mr. James Sheen}

James very carefully, as if he was a priest handling the Blessed Sacrament, handed the disc device back to Tey. "I sure hope this works," said James worriedly. Any life lost was a tragedy, even if that life depends too much on technology for human liking, thought James
                              Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                              {Nirrtri}

Moving away from General O'Neill, Nirrti stood as close as she could to teal'c, her perfume alone probably would have drawn him in if nothing else. She lowered head and looked up again, a different voice spoke this time. "I am Mareesh, I have been Nirrti's host for a very long while and what she says is true. We don't know how it happened the last I remembered was having my neck snapped. But somehow when her jaffa recovered the body and left us in a sarcophogas a change occured. For one when it was done, the sarcophogas was destroyed and we can no longer use one. Then all my suppresed memories were returned to me and we were both horrified at what we had done." She looked truly sad now. "I have spent the better part of a year atoning for my sins, helping people of the galaxy and way I could."
                              {Hank} {Teyilia} {Layla}

Hank looked slightly ready to blow off steam. He shook his head. "Teal'c, I said it twice now, We wait until Teyilia returns, she'll know what to do better then you or I or Jack, for now, learn to get along with your enemies." He said. As far as Hank knew, Teyilia was the last to have to deal with Nirrti

+++++++

At the Lakeside teyilia took hold of the disclike device from James, With an audible CLICK, followed by a low hum, the disc powered up, the formerly dim light embedded into the item brightened. Teyilia looked towards the wound. What appeared as smal blocks begain to rebuild the lost arm. "Easier to handle then a human. Repairing a Program" The Felinus said thoughtfully. The blocks of data form a undamaged arm, complete with the clothing that the woman wore. "It'll take a few mniutes before her system reboots." Teyilia said quietly. Trying to put together a good rant at Rodney for a OP showing up at Kurtia Lake.

The nerv of some people

Comment

{Hank} {Teyilia} {Layla}

Hank looked slightly ready to blow off steam. He shook his head. "Teal'c, I said it twice now, We wait until Teyilia returns, she'll know what to do better then you or I or Jack, for now, learn to get along with your enemies." He said. As far as Hank knew, Teyilia was the last to have to deal with Nirrti

+++++++

At the Lakeside teyilia took hold of the disclike device from James, With an audible CLICK, followed by a low hum, the disc powered up, the formerly dim light embedded into the item brightened. Teyilia looked towards the wound. What appeared as smal blocks begain to rebuild the lost arm. "Easier to handle then a human. Repairing a Program" The Felinus said thoughtfully. The blocks of data form a undamaged arm, complete with the clothing that the woman wore. "It'll take a few mniutes before her system reboots." Teyilia said quietly. Trying to put together a good rant at Rodney for a OP showing up at Kurtia Lake.

The nerv of some people
                                {Mr. James Sheen}

James looked on in amazement as the woman's arm began to rebuild itself. This technology is amazing. I just hope this "OP" as Tey called it is friendly cuz I'd hate to have a Terminator type situation on our hands, thought James, hands tightening reflexively over the hilt of Gravemaker, ready to bear at a moment's notice. "Nice work, Tey. I'll make sure I buy you a bag of cat treats from the local pet store after this," said James jokingly, knowing how Tey hated to be compared to Terran cats.

Comment

Working...
                                X