This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Rufis} The Twins {Sian} {Sung}

Rufis watched carefully to what was going on around him, so many rookies. This would be hard indeed. Since his radio was isolated to two different channels, he opened a third and started broadcasting, he was far enough behind the pack to listen for anything unwanted. other then his fellow 302 pilots all appeared calm, but he just knew something was out there, waiting.

Sian was having a ghard time keeping her mouth shut, in a isolated channel to Sung she traded Mandarin mutterings of several kinds..Of all the stupid moves to do he just had to do that one... "How can rookies fly with Jade Wing?"

"Beats me, we supply cover as per plan ahead. You have Ace One, I have Knucklehead." Meaning JJ. Somehow Sung found herself feeling for the young man when Spook berated him, she opened a channel, a isolated channel to JJ's radio alone. "How are you feeling up front JJ?" She asked him quietly, before Turning her gaze to watch the others test their weapons. She clamped her mouth shut when Tank madee his boneheaded move. She listened quietly to the priests words.

That was when she noticed it. "Something does not feel right." She said on the Daedalus channel. From where she sat in her cockpit of her tiny fighter she looked back towards the Daedalus.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      {Rev. Fr. Lt. Col. Robert "Firebucket" Sheen}

Clamping down on his rising blood pressure at being spoken to in such a manner by the young rookie hotshot, Firebucket said in a voice full of cold, dead, calm: "Sprills, I flew 1000 hours second seat in C130's before you were even a twinkle in your momma's eye, since you asked ever so nicely for my credentials. I'm a little out of practice so forgive me if I got a few of the technical details regarding this mess mixed up. But the point is you both made mistakes and though it may not have sounded like it I do respect you for owning up to them. And I'll agree that my crack about the award was a lot out of line. Tends to happen when those under my charge nearly get themselves killed. I also agree with you that Starbreaker is the one largely at fault since she was going out of turn, something that will be the subject of very long talks between her and myself and again I apologize for going off at you. Stems from the fact that I lost a very good friend in 'Nam who was under my command and I'd rather not see it happen again. Just try not to make any more mistakes OK? They are not something we can afford too many of. Firebucket out."
      < In orbit>
      Royce "The Tank" Sprills
      "Yes sir." he stiffened in his seat percetably, "I will make sure it does not happen again."

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
        [/spoiler]

[IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/haileysig2.jpg[/IMG]

"Sir, can you hold this for me?" Jen held out her Ipad, it contained a visual readout of what she saw on the scanner, linked with a USB remote. "I need you to guide me. Colonel Reynolds, could you come with me please and Teal'c as well."

[/spoiler]

Before she moved though, Jennifer looked back at Vala and Daniel, with her NVG's on, she could only see that Vala was apparently very wet, how she wondered did she slip? "Vala.." She whispered. "Are you alright?"
        <The Planet Surface>
        Cam Mitchell
        He took it from Hailey and stared at it a second...."what the...oh I got it backwards." he flipped it around and read it a lot clearer. The deactivation codes for the mines, he pressed in the proper code and they flickered off for a second. "Cool." he muttered under his breath and then waved on. "OK everyone we are breaching the permiter, come on move. I will try and get into cantact with the Hammond...." He switched frequencies on his radio. "Hammond this is Mitchell, we are going in, clear to launch diversionary and air strikes on your go Hammond."

Mithcell began to run the rest of the way and enter the base permiter as the two teams began to close on their objective.

Comment

((OOC: Forgive me for not quoting...just too many to quote. )

{Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen}

Karina could hear the wise words of the Reverend but felt it wasn’t the time or place to discuss her lack of discipline, now frustrated, she flicked open her com and responded, “Firebucket… you’ve made your point…now ….reverend please let us get on with our mission at hand.” She seethed through her teeth not wanting to deal with the extra com chatter.

It was just about that time McFearson came over the coms blaring the cease Fire, and barking something about Hudson being hit. Starbreaker wanted to shut down but knew that would be the death of her so she choked back her fear….her guilt and fell back on her usual response which was anger and sarcasm, “Little late to the party are we McFearson? And Hudson….is that a scratch I see?” She swallowed hard at the sight of what the frak up caused…it was never good to see one of your own hit…but thankfully he looked like he would be ok…she breathed a relieved sigh, “yeah we got this, Hud….now go home and have some tea and crumpets for us.” She knew her indiscretions would come back on her some day…but it was the only way she knew how to cope with the stress of flight missions. “Oh and McFearson…Reckoning?? Pfffft Like I told Fr. Sheen….stand in line!”

She leaned on her throttle as she positioned her bird back in line for the gun test….when Ange started in on her….
          "K you are such an idiot everyday of the week, what part of M I S S I L E - T E S T." She spelt the words loud and clear. "..don't you understand?

Karina saw red….as it apparently meant everyone with a com button would take their turn raking her over the coals. Yeah this was getting old she thought…and the Admiral hadn’t even had his turn yet. She wanted so much to fly off and do her own thing but she realized that working as a team was the most important thing right now… she gave herself just a moment to calm down…. Before she opened up to Ange’s freg, “Wait… let me grab a pencil…what was that again…. M…I……” she flicked off her com and knew this would only prove to drive a further wedge between them…but she just couldn’t go soft now….not in the middle of this…and in front of everyone. She continued, “I know Spook… can you draw me a picture instead?…you know I was never good at spelling!” realizing at this point she was walking a thin line, she fell silent and allowed her bird to hover back behind the line…..but remaining confident in time Ange would get over it.

"We have learned a valuable lesson haven't we? OBEY your commands and you'll come out of this alive. Missile ranging cancelled for now, I can only hope you are all capable of at least hitting the enemy when called for. We will now proceed with gun laying drill BY THE NUMBERS." Will looked over at the debris of rocks left by Starbreakers calamity and surveyed there were three sizable pieces suitable. "Follow the drill, this time I will have to show you. Sprills and Thracen stand down, you will be markers only, as I'm sure you've wasted half drum already." "Oh and lastly, Thracen, Sprills. I want a HAND WRITTEN five thousand word essay on the subject of discipline, submitted to me by last watch after we complete the mission.

After hearing the Admiral’s words a sort of odd peace came over Karina. Will was always able to find a way through to her…despite her tumultuous disposition….she always felt humbled and calmed by the experienced man’s wisdom and cool demeanor. If her voice could’ve showed….it was apparent that her head dropped humbly and with her defeated, fragile voice she responded, “Yes Sir Admiral….and….. Sir?” She paused just for a few seconds to contemplate, “……I’m ……sorry!” she felt that familiar lump form in her throat once again as she held back her tears and watched everyone else from a safe distance.

Realizing it was her wing up next she radio’d to them…. “Ok Blue/Lima… I’m gonna hang back….but you show ‘em what you’ve got!”

Just then Tank opened his com to her, Yo Karina, sorry for nearly getting your plane all shot up."

A rogue tear streamed silently down her face…her heart began to race from her increased breaths…. She was so grateful no one could see her as she choked out, “Copy that…..Tank…. at least someone else is not afraid to run with the Big Dogs.” She clicked off her com and sat in silence for a few moments.

It was then that Italian popped on the com with, How's that Starbreaker?"

She had to giggle as she watched his stunts from a distance ….obvious that he was showing off to her. “NIIIIIICE!!” She congratulated….starting to feel excited and back to her old self again.

{Vala Mal Doran}

Vala could see that Daniel was visably annoyed with her and maybe just a little frustrated by the whole thing. She giggled at him and tried to wink but her goggles prevented her, “you are so cute when you do that thing…..that thing with your hands” she was glad he couldn’t see how she was blushing and/or knew how affectionate she was feeling for him at the moment. “well ok we’ll just have to think of something….let’s just keep a close watch out for it.”

About that time Jen hailed back at her… “Vala you ok?”

She straightened herself and tried to look as if nothing conspicuous was going down…..then she answered, “uh…..Yeah…. I’m good!!”

Just then Cam barked his orders and the team started to head out…. Vala swallowed hard as she smacked Daniel on the arm… “That’s our cue isn’t it Daniel?” She inquired as she took a deep breath full well knowing what that entailed.

((OOC: Sorry I promised a shorter post, but I just had so many people to respond to. ))
          Last edited by squirrely1; 26 January 2011, 06:29 PM.
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            Spoiler:

Karina could hear the wise words of the Reverend but felt it wasn’t the time or place to discuss her lack of discipline, now frustrated, she flicked open her com and responded, “Firebucket… you’ve made your point…now ….reverend please let us get on with our mission at hand.” She seethed through her teeth not wanting to deal with the extra com chatter.

It was just about that time McFearson came over the coms blaring the cease Fire, and barking something about Hudson being hit. Starbreaker wanted to shut down but knew that would be the death of her so she choked back her fear….her guilt and fell back on her usual response which was anger and sarcasm, “Little late to the party are we McFearson? And Hudson….is that a scratch I see?” She swallowed hard at the sight of what the frak up caused…it was never good to see one of your own hit…but thankfully he looked like he would be ok…she breathed a relieved sigh, “yeah we got this, Hud….now go home and have some tea and crumpets for us.” She knew her indiscretions would come back on her some day…but it was the only way she knew how to cope with the stress of flight missions. “Oh and McFearson…Reckoning?? Pfffft Like I told Fr. Sheen….stand in line!”

She leaned on her throttle as she positioned her bird back in line for the gun test….when Ange started in on her….
            "K you are such an idiot everyday of the week, what part of M I S S I L E - T E S T." She spelt the words loud and clear. "..don't you understand?

Karina saw red….as it apparently meant everyone with a com button would take their turn raking her over the coals. Yeah this was getting old she thought…and the Admiral hadn’t even had his turn yet. She wanted so much to fly off and do her own thing but she realized that working as a team was the most important thing right now… she gave herself just a moment to calm down…. Before she opened up to Ange’s freg, “Wait… let me grab a pencil…what was that again…. M…I……” she flicked off her com and knew this would only prove to drive a further wedge between them…but she just couldn’t go soft now….not in the middle of this…and in front of everyone. She continued, “I know Spook… can you draw me a picture instead?…you know I was never good at spelling!” realizing at this point she was walking a thin line, she fell silent and allowed her bird to hover back behind the line…..but remaining confident in time Ange would get over it.

"We have learned a valuable lesson haven't we? OBEY your commands and you'll come out of this alive. Missile ranging cancelled for now, I can only hope you are all capable of at least hitting the enemy when called for. We will now proceed with gun laying drill BY THE NUMBERS." He looked over at the debris of rocks left by Starbreakers calamity and surveyed there were three sizable pieces suitable. "Follow the drill, this time I will have to show you. Sprills and Thracen stand down, you will be markers only, as I'm sure you've wasted half drum already." "Oh and lastly, Thracen, Sprills. I want a HAND WRITTEN five thousand word essay on the subject of discipline, submitted to me by last watch after we complete the mission.

After hearing the Admiral’s words a sort of odd peace came over Karina. Will was always able to find a way through to her…despite her tumultuous disposition….she always felt humbled and calmed by the experienced man’s wisdom and cool demeanor. If her voice could’ve showed….it was apparent that her head dropped humbly and with her defeated, fragile voice she responded, “Yes Sir Admiral….and….. Sir?” She paused just for a few seconds to contemplate, “……I’m ……sorry!” she felt that familiar lump form in her throat once again as she held back her tears and watched everyone else from a safe distance.”

Realizing it was her wing up next she radio’d to them…. “Ok Blue/Lima… I’m gonna hang back….but you show ‘em what you’ve got!”

Just then Tank opened his com to her, Yo Karina, sorry for nearly getting your plane all shot up."

A rogue tear streamed silently down her face…her heart began to race from her increased breaths…. She was so grateful no one could see her as she choked out, “Copy that…..Tank…. at least someone else is not afraid to run with the Big Dogs.” She clicked off her com and sat in silence for a few moments.

She had to giggle as she watched his stunts from a distance ….obvious that he was showing off to her. “NIIIIIICE!!” She congratulated….starting to feel excited and back to her old self again.

{Vala Mal Doran}

Vala could see that Daniel was visably annoyed with her and maybe just a little frustrated by the whole thing. She giggled at him and tried to wink but her goggles prevented her, “you are so cute when you do that thing…..that thing with your hands” she was glad he couldn’t see how she was blushing and/or knew how affectionate she was feeling for him at the moment. “well ok we’ll just have to think of something….let’s just keep a close watch out for it.”

She straightened herself and tried to look as if nothing conspicuous was going down…..then she answered, “uh…..Yeah…. I’m good!!”

Just then Cam barked his orders and the team started to head out…. Vala swallowed hard as she smacked Daniel on the arm… “That’s our cue isn’t it Daniel?” She inquired as she took a deep breath full well knowing what that entailed.

((OOC: Sorry I promised a shorter post, but I just had so many people to respond to. ))

"Yes, you do have lots of work to do, esp. AFTER the mission is complete," said Firebucket, now having restored his calm center. Seeing that her biosigns were starting to elevate after the coal-racking her compatriots were undoubtedly doing, he continued: "Also I'm sorry for yelling, but you did nearly kill yourself and I'd rather you came back in one piece. Now go bag some baddies for me. I know you are more than adequate to the task. And keep your head together. Firebucket out."
            Last edited by mad_gater; 25 January 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
              < In orbit>
              Royce "The Tank" Sprills
              "Yes sir." he stiffened in his seat percetably, "I will make sure it does not happen again."

"See that it doesn't," said Firebucket kindly. "And also, if I ever do or say something you disagree with, I had better hear the preface 'With all due respect, sir...' before you air your disagreement with me and your tone had better match that respect. I will not be so forgiving for such a lapse in the future. Now go blow some enemy pilots out of the stars for me. I have every faith in both God and you in your abilities to do so. Firebucket out."

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of the bunk, thought Firebucket, sighing at this rough spot.

Comment

Connor tuned it all out, as much as possible. It was probably not a wise thing to do, but he felt it necessary, in order to keep a clear mind. He knew what went on anyway, except maybe not the tiny details.
                He fretted a little about the issue. Discipline. That had been the main gist of it all. And he knew he could help with that, somehow, at some level. Though, when, that was another matter.
                He listened as the Admiral and then that chaplain dealt with it all, focusing on his wing and his flying instead for now. Seniority of rank played a great deal here, Connor was not as high up as them, he knew his place in the pecking order, and a big part of him was glad to leave it to the brass this time.

Alpha was up next, after Breaker's wing, apparently. He pushed down the emotions that always welled up whenever that name came up, needing clarity of mind so much more now. Goose knew he would sort them out later. Right now there were other things to deal with that were more important.

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ
                "......Goose get Alpha into line, you'll lead after the remainder of Major Thracen's flight has gone in copy?"
                "Copy," Mason merely replied. It took him a few moments though, he'd had to process the words first. Connor went over said procedure mentally, making sure he had everything and awaited Alpha's turn. Alpha wing positioned itself, without him having to order them, but then again he had a great XO that took good care of things.

As the call for the perimeter went up, Daniel looked at Vala, somewhat frantically. "That's our cue!" They'd have to wing it now, without the scanner to see where they were going but then again, the claymores and the other things had probably been disarmed now, although he couldn't be sure.
                He waited until they came across a lot of trees and foliage and other things to hide in, then pulled Vala back with him, hoping desperately nobody had noticed.
                "Same way back, do you remember it?" He hoped she did, he'd tried keeping track but after the whole nearly-drowned disaster, his memory was a little unclear.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

Rufis watched carefully to what was going on around him, so many rookies. This would be hard indeed. Since his radio was isolated to two different channels, he opened a third and started broadcasting, he was far enough behind the pack to listen for anything unwanted. other then his fellow 302 pilots all appeared calm, but he just knew something was out there, waiting.

Sian was having a ghard time keeping her mouth shut, in a isolated channel to Sung she traded Mandarin mutterings of several kinds..Of all the stupid moves to do he just had to do that one... "How can rookies fly with Jade Wing?"

"Beats me, we supply cover as per plan ahead. You have Ace One, I have Knucklehead." Meaning JJ. Somehow Sung found herself feeling for the young man when Spook berated him, she opened a channel, a isolated channel to JJ's radio alone. "How are you feeling up front JJ?" She asked him quietly, before Turning her gaze to watch the others test their weapons. She clamped her mouth shut when Tank madee his boneheaded move. She listened quietly to the priests words.

That was when she noticed it. "Something does not feel right." She said on the Daedalus channel. From where she sat in her cockpit of her tiny fighter she looked back towards the Daedalus.

"I know what you mean, Sung. Both Malachi and myself have been feeling ill-at-ease since this mission began and if it's one thing I learned during my time in the military it's that I've learned to trust gut instincts more than facts in some cases," said Firebucket.

Comment

Spoiler:

"Yes, you do have lots of work to do, esp. AFTER the mission is complete," said Firebucket, now having restored his calm center. Seeing that her biosigns were starting to elevate after the coal-racking her compatriots were undoubtedly doing, he continued: "Also I'm sorry for yelling, but you did nearly kill yourself and I'd rather you came back in one piece. Now go bag some baddies for me. I know you are more than adequate to the task. And keep your head together. Firebucket out."

Karina's guilt was starting to well up inside of her and she fought hard to fight off the feelings knowing it would be a big distraction for her. She was rather short with the Chaplain she thought as she sighed in despair, "Copy that Firebucket...sir..." She hesitated cuz she was never one to admit her weakness to anyone especially over the com so she proceeded cautiously, "... I .....just.....need some time!" she released her com as she watched Connor and his wing approach the line...ready to go in.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                    [IMG]http://flowermoon.net/RP/LtColonelMason.jpg[/IG]

Connor tuned it all out, as much as possible. It was probably not a wise thing to do, but he felt it necessary, in order to keep a clear mind. He knew what went on anyway, except maybe not the tiny details.
                    He fretted a little about the issue. Discipline. That had been the main gist of it all. And he knew he could help with that, somehow, at some level. Though, when, that was another matter.
                    He listened as the Admiral and then that chaplain dealt with it all, focusing on his wing and his flying instead for now. Seniority of rank played a great deal here, Connor was not as high up as them, he knew his place in the pecking order, and a big part of him was glad to leave it to the brass this time.

Alpha was up next, after Breaker's wing, apparently. He pushed down the emotions that always welled up whenever that name came up, needing clarity of mind so much more now. Goose knew he would sort them out later. Right now there were other things to deal with that were more important.

"Copy," Mason merely replied. It took him a few moments though, he'd had to process the words first. Connor went over said procedure mentally, making sure he had everything and awaited Alpha's turn. Alpha wing positioned itself, without him having to order them, but then again he had a great XO that took good care of things.

[IMG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/DANNYSIGGY.jpg[/IG]

As the call for the perimeter went up, Daniel looked at Vala, somewhat frantically. "That's our cue!" They'd have to wing it now, without the scanner to see where they were going but then again, the claymores and the other things had probably been disarmed now, although he couldn't be sure.
                    He waited until they came across a lot of trees and foliage and other things to hide in, then pulled Vala back with him, hoping desperately nobody had noticed.
                    "Same way back, do you remember it?" He hoped she did, he'd tried keeping track but after the whole nearly-drowned disaster, his memory was a little unclear.

"Come on Blue Alpha ...show us what you're made of....WOOT!" Karina wailed over the coms...she thought she would make a ruckus since the Admiral basically relegated her to resident cheerleader.

{Vala Mal Doran}

Vala whisked away with Daniel into the thick brush and her belly seemed to flip flop a little when he pulled her in to him...feeling that familiar rush of adrenaline tingling her senses as things were definitely heating up now. "Yeah I think I do....course when I went under the water...that's sort of a haze....but seriously the mud is so thick I think we may be able to just simply follow our tracks back." She smirked at him as they huddled together quietly waiting to make a run for it.

((OOC: Ok this has got to be a record for me! ))

Comment

"We have learned a valuable lesson haven't we? OBEY your commands and you'll come out of this alive. Missile ranging cancelled for now, I can only hope you are all capable of at least hitting the enemy when called for. We will now proceed with gun laying drill BY THE NUMBERS." Willlooked over at the debris of rocks left by Starbreakers calamity and surveyed there were three sizable pieces suitable. "Follow the drill, this time I will have to show you. Sprills and Thracen stand down, you will be markers only, as I'm sure you've wasted half drum already." "Oh and lastly, Thracen, Sprills. I want a HAND WRITTEN five thousand word essay on the subject of discipline, submitted to me by last watch after we complete the mission.

After hearing the Admiral’s words a sort of odd peace came over Karina. Will was always able to find a way through to her…despite her tumultuous disposition….she always felt humbled and calmed by the experienced man’s wisdom and cool demeanor. If her voice could’ve showed….it was apparent that her head dropped humbly and with her defeated, fragile voice she responded, “Yes Sir Admiral….and….. Sir?” She paused just for a few seconds to contemplate, “……I’m ……sorry!” she felt that familiar lump form in her throat once again as she held back her tears and watched everyone else from a safe distance.”

{Vala Mal Doran}

<In Orbit>
                      Royce "The Tank" Sprills
                      Royce grinned stupidly behind his face mask for a second. "Its ok ma'am, I like running with the big dogs, because when it comes down to it I am a big frakkin dog."

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        Spoiler:

Sian was having a guard time keeping her mouth shut, in a isolated channel to Sung she traded Mandarin mutterings of several kinds..Of all the stupid moves to do he just had to do that one... "How can rookies fly with Jade Wing?"
                        "Beats me, we supply cover as per plan ahead. You have Ace One, I have Knucklehead." Meaning JJ. Somehow Sung found herself feeling for the young man when Spook berated him, she opened a channel, a isolated channel to JJ's radio alone. "How are you feeling up front JJ?" She asked him quietly, before Turning her gaze to watch the others test their weapons. She clamped her mouth shut when Tank made his boneheaded move. She listened quietly to the priests words.
                        Will was watching everything from his advantaged position, slightly above and jinked on an angle to the squadrons, he noticed their flying was not quite as precise as he would wish it to be. “Ace One to Red Charlie flight, you're dropping formation keep it tight, twenty five metre spread and Sian keep your nose up lass, your flight has next call after Dragon, at the gun range.” He smiled confidently, he was after all merely a spectator over a group of very seasoned professionals.

((OOC since Jade wing did not have a squadron code, they are now Red Charlie flight))
                        [QUOTE=squirrely1;12282485]
                        Spoiler:

"We have learned a valuable lesson haven't we? OBEY your commands and you'll come out of this alive. Missile ranging cancelled for now, I can only hope you are all capable of at least hitting the enemy when called for. We will now proceed with gun laying drill BY THE NUMBERS." Willlooked over at the debris of rocks left by Starbreakers calamity and surveyed there were three sizable pieces suitable. "Follow the drill, this time I will have to show you. Sprills and Thracen stand down, you will be markers only, as I'm sure you've wasted half drum already." "Oh and lastly, Thracen, Sprills. I want a HAND WRITTEN five thousand word essay on the subject of discipline, submitted to me by last watch after we complete the mission.

He looked down at Starbreaker, he had to grin, why she had to try so hard he couldn't figure, she didn't need to, perhaps calm down a little might be a better tact, but as a combat pilot he couldn't fault her. “No need Starbreaker, no need to apologise, I've done worse and paid for it. Now just get the rest of your flight in line astern, have your number two lead off and the moment they've completed the run, rejoin you up here and call in Red Charlie. Copy?”

((OOC as 'markers' Starbreaker and Tank will be keeping scores of gun hits))

Spoiler:

"See that it doesn't," said Firebucket kindly. "And also, if I ever do or say something you disagree with, I had better hear the preface 'With all due respect, sir...' before you air your disagreement with me and your tone had better match that respect. I will not be so forgiving for such a lapse in the future. Now go blow some enemy pilots out of the stars for me. I have every faith in both God and you in your abilities to do so. Firebucket out."
                        Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of the bunk, thought Firebucket, sighing at this rough spot.
                        ((OOC I missed Caldwells post earlier, sorry MG))

“Stephen, get Maria to check on your 302's I think there should be at least two serviceable, we'll send Hudson to you once you've confirmed. Oh and Bob, see if you can dig up SG4's surveillance reports on the LA's strengths for me please.”

Spoiler:
                        ((OOC should be around 100 gliders and, four or five Hat'aks and a dozen of so Al-kesh))

Spoiler:

Tapping his helmet with two fingers at his friend Will dropped his tone. “Goose, buddy. Rack 'em up as soon as soon as Starbreaker's flight is clear, show em what we old hands can do. When you are free and clear, call in Dragon's flight. Tank you keeping score lad? And Dragon, no double splits this time copy? Hey I never noticed before, Fairie lass is that you there?”

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          Will was watching everything from his advantaged position, slightly above and jinked on an angle to the squadrons, he noticed their flying was not quite as precise as he would wish it to be. “Ace One to Red Charlie flight, you're dropping formation keep it tight, twenty five metre spread and Sian keep your nose up lass, your flight has next call after Dragon, at the gun range.” He smiled confidently, he was after all merely a spectator over a group of very seasoned professionals.

((OOC since Jade wing did not have a squadron code, they are now Red Charlie flight))
                          {Sian}

Sian keyed her commlink directly to the Admiral. Since it was isolated only he heard it "Jade three to Ace One, Jade two has....." How exactly should she phrase it ? stomach problems wouldn't do it, perhaps heart troubles would do it better ? No, gut troubles might be better, either that or a sidesplitting operation.... ".... gut troubles. Advise ?" She kept her main power generator offline, silent running mode, leaving only life support powered to full green.

If Sung had 'gut troubles' it only meant one thing. Trouble was coming. Sian and Rufis both had come to trust the Firehaired woman's 'Little Voice', it kept them alive this long, it might be helpful now, and so if that little voice was giving Sung gut troubles.....

Spoiler:
                          OOC: Last I recall, Jade Wing was their squadron code, hence their numbering of Jade .... pieces.... so to speak, unless something changed without my noticing O.o

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

<The Planet Surface>
                            Spoiler:

Cam Mitchell
                            He took it from Hailey and stared at it a second...."what the...oh I got it backwards." he flipped it around and read it a lot clearer. The deactivation codes for the mines, he pressed in the proper code and they flickered off for a second. "Cool." he muttered under his breath and then waved on. "OK everyone we are breaching the permiter, come on move. I will try and get into cantact with the Hammond...." He switched frequencies on his radio. "Hammond this is Mitchell, we are going in, clear to launch diversionary and air strikes on your go Hammond."

Mithcell began to run the rest of the way and enter the base permiter as the two teams began to close on their objective.

Relieved that, that particular misery was behind them, Jennifer moved forward agiain casting a look once more towards Vala and Daniel. They passed where the mines were laid hamlessly and she once again looked at her scanner, the turned to Cam. "Twenty five metres sir, there is a large drain pipe ahead that should take us under the perimeter." She hoped it was drier there, this muck was getting on her nerves.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ange opened up her video coms to Karina and dropped her O2 mask she mouthed the words "It's OK." Touched her lips and pressed them against the screen she then replaced the gear and spoke. "I was only thinking of Simon, he did the right thing yes in saving us from that Al-Kesh, but he still disobeyed your orders K. He'd not be in Medbay if he had waited for us." She smiled and hoped her friend could at least see her eyes.

"Don't sweat it Thracen, we'll settle it over an arm wrestle for beers ok, sh*t happens I always say." Elle then focused on her task, she had the unpleasant task of laying the frag bombs along with one of Dragon's flight. "Check check, Dragon, copy on frag arming on my call."

{Vala Mal Doran}
                            Spoiler:

"S'long as you are ma'am." Jen called softly back. "Daniel, you guys sound edgy anything up?"

((OOC Vala and Daniel will only slip away after the missiles have been tagged and the rest of SG1 are going to the ring platform ))

Spoiler:

"Sir I meant what I said earlier, if I screw up sir, I'll double my commitement to you...I think you could live with that...two years of me." She chuckled softly.

<In Orbit>
                            Spoiler:

Royce "The Tank" Sprills
                            Royce grinned stupidly behind his face mask for a second. "Its ok ma'am, I like running with the big dogs, because when it comes down to it I am a big frakkin dog."

Ange burst out laughing at Tank's report. "Big Dog? Tank seriously bigger than that Russian guy in the Canteen on the Alpha site who almost wiped the floor with you, me and Runner Cordova. Hear that Runner, I can still see Fairie laughing so hard she almost peed herself." She had to do it didn't she, called the giant of a man a ponce, only having Tank and Cordova come to her rescue....good times she thought.
                            Last edited by RogueRanger; 26 January 2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

<Planet's Surface> <In Orbit>
                              [IM]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/haileysig2.jpg[/IMG]

[/spoiler]

Relieved that, that particular misery was behind them, Jennifer moved forward agiain casting a look once more towards Vala and Daniel. They passed where the mines were laid hamlessly and she once again looked at her scanner, the turned to Cam. "Twenty five metres sir, there is a large drain pipe ahead that should take us under the perimeter." She hoped it was drier there, this muck was getting on her nerves.

[/spoiler]

Ange opened up her video coms to Karina and dropped her O2 mask she mouthed the words "It's OK." Touched her lips and pressed them against the screen she then replaced the gear and spoke. "I was only thinking of Simon, he did the right thing yes in saving us from that Al-Kesh, but he still disobeyed your orders K. He'd not be in Medbay if he had waited for us." She smiled and hoped her friend could at least see her eyes.

[IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/Ellesiggy.jpg[/IMG]

"Don't sweat it Thracen, we'll settle it over an arm wrestle for beers ok, sh*t happens I always say." Elle then focused on her task, she had the unpleasant task of laying the frag bombs along with one of Dragon's flight. "Check check, Dragon, copy on frag arming on my call."

{Vala Mal Doran}

"S'long as you are ma'am." Jen called softly back. "Daniel, you guys sound edgy anything up?"

((OOC Vala and Daniel will only slip away after the missiles have been tagged and the rest of SG1 are going to the ring platform ))

[/spoiler]

"Sir I meant what I said earlier, if I screw up sir, I'll double my commitement to you...I think you could live with that...two years of me." She chuckled softly.

[/spoiler]

Ange burst out laughing at Tank's report. "Big Dog? Tank seriously bigger than that Russian guy in the Canteen on the Alpha site who almost wiped the floor with you, me and Runner Cordova. Hear that Runner, I can still see Fairie laughing so hard she almost peed herself." She had to do it didn't she, called the giant of a man a ponce, only having Tank and Cordova come to her rescue....good times she thought.
                              Cam Mitchell
                              Cam came up to Jennifer and nodded. "Right." He approached the drain pipe cautiously and peaked in. He sniffed it and cringed. "Right,....uh...>SG-3 after you Colonel Reynolds secure the area. You didn't happen to bring any lysol with you?"

Royce "The Tank" Sprills
                              Royce cringed slightly. "MAn that guy reminded me of...whats his name...Drago from Rocky. I nearly wet myself...but I was drunk...you were in trouble...and I tend to get all knight like when I am drunk."

Comment

Spoiler:
                                <In Orbit>
                                Royce "The Tank" Sprills

"hehehehe"
                                Karina chuckled feeling light hearted again as she responded, "yeah well true....and I figure by the time this is all over....we'll need a can opener to get you outta your bird at this rate!" She smirked and wished she was close enough to punch the big guy in the arm....she just loved doing that to him.

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post

He looked down at Starbreaker, he had to grin, why she had to try so hard he couldn't figure, she didn't need to, perhaps calm down a little might be a better tact, but as a combat pilot he couldn't fault her. “No need Starbreaker, no need to apologise, I've done worse and paid for it. Now just get the rest of your flight in line astern, have your number two lead off and the moment they've completed the run, rejoin you up here and call in Red Charlie. Copy?”

((OOC as 'markers' Starbreaker and Tank will be keeping scores of gun hits))

{Karina "Starbreaker" Thracen} {Mark B.B. Patterson} {Blue/Lima Squadron}

"Copy that Admiral!" She flipped to open the comlink to her squadron..."You heard the man Blue Lima....now let's rock and roll.... B.B. lead 'em in.....everyone form up on B.B. and hit 'em where the sun don't shine!"

"You got it Major!" B.B. responded with a resounding resolve. "Let's go Snakeskinners....we have a reputation to uphold!"

The unit moved in and lit up the space around them with accurate fire....managing to hit the target adequately enough.....they made their pass and circled back....bringing in a signal for Red Charlie to proceed.

"What do you call that Blue Lima?" Karina wailed..."My grandma could've done better!" She scolded ...only because she's a perfectionist when it comes to gunner practice.

"Next time we'll do it better Major...." B.B. muttered half enthusiastically.

"Next time? There won't be a next time with shooting like that!!" She shook her head but realized the dynamic is always off a bit when they are a man short in the formation....so she thought maybe she was a tad too harsh. "but we're not goin home yet.... so if the LA show up...we'll have plenty to shoot at!" She switched her com and blurted..."Red Charlie....you're up....show us how to blow this Popsicle stand!"

Spoiler:

"Yeah Oh My God don't remind me...but there is stupid....which I'll admit I am sometimes....but then there is really stupid....and you have to admit that was really stupid!" she rolled her eyes and tried to get back her focus at hand.

Spoiler:
                                [IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/Ellesiggy.jpg[/IMG]

"You got it but you better have plenty of green on hand!" She snorted full well knowing she could take McFearson in her sleep.

Spoiler:

{Jeremy "Runner" Cordova}
                                "Copy that.... Spook.... " Runner winced at that memory and continued, "Yeah and don't even get me started on what happened in the alley later!" He flipped a few switches as he joined back up on Karina.

Spoiler:
                                [IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/1stLt.jpg[/IG] [IG]http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/melanieoz/My%20Sigs%20and%20stuff/haileysig2.jpg[/IG]

{Vala Mal Doran}

Vala felt stupid huddling in the brush and realized they probably did look a bit suspicious....so she thought for a moment and had to come up with something.....plausible, "Uh.....yeah we're ok....." she giggled and continued, "Well with all that water wading.....I.....uh.....had to go.....you know....and Daniel is standing watch." She shot a look over to Daniel and grinned while giving him an innocent shrug ...full well knowing he was probably mortified at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X