Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryn, Dray, glad to have you, so glad *megahugs* I hope all these compy issues are sorted out for everyone, God knows I've had my share lately and it's so annoying, even frustrating.

Some good news, Pookey has offered her services to play Rodney on a perment basis, so I'm asking everyone to help and support her, as we should do for all of us

Sis, get the HP, I use one in biology, awesomely wicked machine...I only wish it was mine

Comment

my own machine is an HP/Compaq jointly made machine, (which sucks, personally speaking). So right now since I just got an email from the guy with a phone # to call to ask if my comp's ready for pickup over lunchtime. I think I'm going to go with my old pice of junk for a comp for now then hope the deals on BF (26 November) are good ones, who knows, might get that HP AiO machine...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm currently using and old Asus, not too bad for it's age. For laptops, though Toshiba are hard to beat. They are simple and robust and will take a lot of hard work
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

though saying that, my laptop's a Toshiba and it hates me Though it might just hate me bring it to Hull....
          If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
            I'm currently using and old Asus, not too bad for it's age. For laptops, though Toshiba are hard to beat. They are simple and robust and will take a lot of hard work
            Given that i AM a computer tech, i'd be remiss to not interject.

Nothing beats Lenovo.

Case Closed.

Macbooks are bleh, but Macbook Pros are pretty sweet.

This is from someone who spends all day around laptops/computers of all types. Lenovo's cause the least number of problems, with Toshiba in second (their tecra line) and Asus right next to them there. HP, Dell, Gateway, and finally Acer round out PC manufacturers.

Written from an X61 Tablet. Currently own 1 Acer Netbook, 1 15'' Macbook Pro, 1 X41 IBM Tablet, 1 X61 Lenovo Tablet, 1 T61 Lenovo Thinkpad, several custom desktops.

Yeah, I'm a computer guy
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

*Felger* "Nerd"

*Coombs* "Geek!"

Comment

*is jealpus of everyone that posted after herself* Right now i'm using my roommates laptop compuyer (a crappy eMachines qwith a P3 933mhz CPU and 768 ram) thankfully I can get here and to youtube without any problems. My dream machine though.....

CPU: i7
                RAM: 4GB (or more)
                Hard Drive: 1 TB (I'm a TV series nut, most of my TV series I watch as part of class I save to my HD anyhow)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  *is jealpus of everyone that posted after herself* Right now i'm using my roommates laptop compuyer (a crappy eMachines qwith a P3 933mhz CPU and 768 ram) thankfully I can get here and to youtube without any problems. My dream machine though.....

CPU: i7
                  RAM: 4GB (or more)
                  Hard Drive: 1 TB (I'm a TV series nut, most of my TV series I watch as part of class I save to my HD anyhow)
                  Can't get 1 TB in a Laptop unless you can fit 2 HDs, 1 TB HD is thicker and only compatible with external HDs and a select few laptops.

So here. http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...%3A000028FF%3A
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

It is not a laptop that I want. its a desktop that the specs I listed are for

Comment

It is not a laptop that I want. its a desktop that the specs I listed are for
                      Even easier then. You could get it for maybe a grand.

Comment

should we make a technophile thread guys or do you want to piss Mel off, yes I know I added my bit as well, but we should try and stay on topic a little, there lurkers lurking and they'll be wondering if this is an RP or not

We're delving underground in the Atlantis off-world thread, and we need to establish a very old Ancient connection, any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          should we make a technophile thread guys or do you want to piss Mel off, yes I know I added my bit as well, but we should try and stay on topic a little, there lurkers lurking and they'll be wondering if this is an RP or not

We're delving underground in the Atlantis off-world thread, and we need to establish a very old Ancient connection, any thoughts?
                          True, moving on!...

Communications stones come to mind..... though who to contact.... i'm kinda thinking if contacting anyone would be cause for total confusion and/or total nervous breakdown for some....

Comment

True, moving on!...

Communications stones come to mind..... though who to contact.... i'm kinda thinking if contacting anyone would be cause for total confusion and/or total nervous breakdown for some....
                            If you want to have something sci-fi, have two ancient chairs and have Shep or McKay 'mind meld" with someone else in an ancient memory sharing device

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                              If you want to have something sci-fi, have two ancient chairs and have Shep or McKay 'mind meld" with someone else in an ancient memory sharing device
                              it would be rather amusing to read (not to mention write) a scene such as that, though I do not think exactly that maya would take kindly to such a spazz out moment

Comment

it would be rather amusing to read (not to mention write) a scene such as that, though I do not think exactly that maya would take kindly to such a spazz out moment
                                Ask and ye shall receive. (Warning, mature humor and rare pairing!)

Comment

Working...
                                X