• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 78

Serenity
    -

Comment

I just had an evil thought.

If Serenity and Khan tie, do they both get thrown out?
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

I'm all for that
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

why is it that i always love your evil thoughts!!!

teehee!

*really must stop meeting with you in hangman!!!*
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Round 78

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Sorry, WBB that was a nice response, but I decided to give Serenity the benefit of the doubt. I've seen some of the series and while it didn't grab me, I did like many of the characters. In Star Trek (at least the TOS version), I don't think there are any characters above blah or ok. And characters are usually the most important element for me.

Plus I'm still hoping for a tie and I think there might be a few more Serenity votes.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Round 78

Star Trek: Wrath of Kahn

Thanks Lonestar for looking out for all of us whose votes were lost. Sadly it probably would have made a different.
              sigpic

Comment

RESULTS

Serenity - 11
                Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - 10
                Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - 2

Serenity finishes THIRD

Serenity was my Number One for this list, it’s a new movie, just a year old, but that, to me, isn’t important. The acting on all parts was out of this world at times. The writing was nothing less than I would expect from Joss, perfect. Unlike Wrath of Khan, and in all the Trek movies and series, I could connect, you didn’t need to try with all your might to feel any connection to the characters and the story, and that in itself shows genius on behalf of everyone involved to me. I have always found the Trek verse and its characters unapproachable, and too “by the book” for my liking.

Current List of Movies

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
                vs
                Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Final Round (Round 79)
                Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back to WIN
                Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan to GO
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Final Round (Round 79)

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan to win.
                  Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back to go.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                    ROUND 78
                    Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
                    ST II : Wrath of Khan <--- strategic vote, I'd rather have Serenity as runner up than 3rd
                    WOW, I never thought that I would see something like that!!!
                    Are you sure that I'm reading it correctly???

Final Round (Round 79)

There are no better Scifi movies, IMO, than Star Wars. Besides being classic, they combine all the things that make scifi what it is: an interesting story, technology that doesn't exist (yet?), great characters, intrigue, adventure, fights.... I should admit that A New Hope is my favourite, maybe because it's the first one, and it really impressed me when I saw it (which was on TV many years after its release).
                    But I can undestand why people here think that TESB is better, it's darker, more profound, could I say more adult? And it has one of the best Scifi lines ever: "LUKE, I'M YOUR FATHER!...(Hhhhhh)"

And as for other classic quotes:
                    - You don't know the power of the Dark Side.
                    - The Force is with you
                    - My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is...

Princess Leia: I love you.
                    Han Solo: I know.

Enough advertising???
                    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Comment

Oh man! It's like choosing between your children (yes, yes--I only have one child; but you know what I mean)! I can't choose now--I'll have to do it later....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Round 79:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                            Yes, it did well at the box office, but I don't see it as a classic in any sense of the word. Sorry to Serenity fans....
                            No, it did not do well at the box office, it did well on DVD. But at the box office, it didn't even make enough money to pay for itself

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

*cries* Serenity was my pick to win as well. Despite coming out just last year, I think that this movie will stand the test of time. Like The Signal said, these are characters that the viewer creates a connection with without even trying, they're so well established/developed that it's almost impossible not to. I know the first time I saw it, I was floored by it's genius script, and that heartbreaking moment that cracked the story open and made it all worthwhile (you know the one, won't spoil for those who haven't seen it). Anyway, only movie I ever watched twice in one day, and since last January, I've seen it more times then any other movie. Ever. Even Star Wars. Breaks your heart, makes you laugh, cheer, and even feel a little sentimental- the perfect movie-viewing experience.

Oh, right! We're still voting here! *wipes away tears*
                              Well, my second favourite film ever vs. another fantastic film that I absolutly love.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back to WIN!
                              Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan to GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                                No, it did not do well at the box office, it did well on DVD. But at the box office, it didn't even make enough money to pay for itself
                                Which is a complete injustice.....I know it lasted a week in my town, so I missed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X