X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 78

Serenity
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Well apparently my vote got erased with the server backup so I would like to thank all the other Terminator voters for their support.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
        Same thoughts here, but I had to keep in the batter act movie, not the one I thought would be a threat to Leona Serenity, so for me, it had to be Eaton Road Khan to go.

Ben to win!
        lol

Leona to win!

David to win!

Glyn to win

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Round 78

Comment

*lending support for Serenity after being absent since about round 4*

Round 78

Comment

Serenity to go...

*eyes Khan voters*

ETA:
              Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
              Well apparently my vote got erased with the server backup so I would like to thank all the other Terminator voters for their support.
              I'll drink to that!
              Last edited by Anubis69; 27 November 2006, 02:08 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Khan to go

Wrath of Khan is my favorite Trek movie and getting a rank of number three on any, open Sci Fi movie list is a huge accomplishment. Unlike many Trek films, Khan is actually about something which transcends its Trek roots: ( aging and facing death ). But judged by today's standards and removing the haze of Trek fandom, it's not a better film than Serenity or SW:TESB.

But for the fan, Wrath of Khan was the return of Trek:TOS in all its glory. It had all the humour, the inside jokes, the repartee of the troika, great space combat action and a real, consistent theme. I skipped it on first run because ST:TMP was such a huge disappointment. I caught it in one of those cheapo .99 movies and ended up going 5 nights in a row. Still a very good film and a GREAT Star Trek film.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                  Thanks, aintright! I didn't get stuck in any snow banks, although we did pass 10 accidents on the trip....3 of them were upside-down cars and one of those was smack in the middle of the Interstate just sitting there rocking back and forth while the people climbed out the windows![/B]
                  WOW!! so glad you made it through safely (won't mention it was in the low 70's for the holidays in these parts ) it just wouldn't be the same without your wise words ... and couldn't let Khan go down without you here to at least give him one last defense!!

And sry The Count Anubis69 EsquireIII at your loss of T2 -- dang it -- its that doggone beanie -- i know TS i should be gloating here and dancing some kind of jig .... *sigh* back to Jade's Evil Behavior 101 class!!! ... tis really getting expensive!!! Master Jade I bow to your superior talents ... roflol at the count's siggy ... most excellent!!!

Round Seventy Eight!

Serenity (good but certainly not #1, #2 or really even #3)

teehee!
                  Last edited by aintright; 27 November 2006, 02:18 PM.
                  sigpic
                  SCORE!!
                  The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Round 78

Serenity
                    46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                    sigpic
                    Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Round 78:

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back to go.

Right now, I reckon Serenity should win, but thats just my opinion...Would've liked a First Contact/Serenity Final.....but oh well...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

serenity
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

ROUND 78

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
                          ST II : Wrath of Khan <--- strategic vote, I'd rather have Serenity as runner up than 3rd

heeerre.. horsy.. horsy... come to mama and drag that thing on you!
                          sigpic
                          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Round 78

Serenity

I haven't had the chance to see Serenity yet. That's why I kept it out of my list for so long. I have no other option but to vote for it now.

That trailer for ST: TWOK was awful. It definitely did not do the film justice. I admit at the time when TWOK was at the pictures, I was more interested in the Star Wars trilogy.

Nope. I didn't see teh Wrath of Khan above either *grumbles*

edit: Roffle at Anubis69's sig.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

This is the toughest choice yet. On the one hand I'm not a big Star Trek fan. While I'm pretty sure I've seen the movie once, I can't remember anything about it other than a vague feeling of dislike. On the other hand, I haven't seen Serenity, and NO movie that's been out only a couple years should be voted Greatest. They need to stand the test of time.

So I'm willing to be bribed persuaded for which movie should come in 2nd.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                This is the toughest choice yet. On the one hand I'm not a big Star Trek fan. While I'm pretty sure I've seen the movie once, I can't remember anything about it other than a vague feeling of dislike. On the other hand, I haven't seen Serenity, and NO movie that's been out only a couple years should be voted Greatest. They need to stand the test of time.

So I'm willing to be bribed persuaded for which movie should come in 2nd.

Uh, what do you require?

You're reasoning regarding Serenity is pretty close to mine. Yes, it did well at the box office, but I don't see it as a classic in any sense of the word. Sorry to Serenity fans....

Regarding Wrath of Khan--it's got everything. It's the best movie ever made from a TV series. It has a perfectly matched protagonist/antagonist. It has great literary references that mesh wonderfully with the plot. The special effects still stand up on repeated viewing and the acting was superb from all quarters. The themes and situations are something everyone can relate to. The plot, the dialog, the twists and turns...I could go on, but I fear I'm boring everybody. Oh! Kirstie Alley's Saavik and Ricardo Montalbahn's Khan. It can't get any better than that....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X