Serenity Day, June 23, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serenity Day, June 23, 2006

For better or worse, some browncoats are organizing it.

Click Here

NEW STUFF!!

I see this thread is quite lively. So to add to the excitement I found a MySpace Music Profile that has flans from Austria and Germany making music inspired by the verse.

Check it out!
    Last edited by darman; 23 May 2006, 08:35 PM.

Day after my B-day... hermph...
    Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
    Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
    Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
    - Serenity

Comment

I would if I could but I have to go to a wedding of a good friend that day...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay

XXX

Comment

I already own the complete series and Serenity.......

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
            I already own the complete series and Serenity.......
            Me too, but I am going to be buying it again, I mean you could always give it to a friend. I may give it to my brother.

Comment

So basically we are all supposed to buy the Serenity DVD on that day? Cool! I haven't bought it yet, so I think I'll wait and make the statement on June 23rd.

Are we all supposed to use the Universal Studios website, or can we buy it anywhere? If it's the latter, I'm going to use the Amazon link from GateWorld and get Darren some extra cash.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Hi guys, this is Kaele from SerenityDay.org. I think it's absolutely excellent that we're crossing over to Stargate stuff. Frankly, I've always been a big fan of Ben Browder and now he's getting me into Stargate. (Yes, even the beginning seasons now too!)

Please purchase Serenity anywhere you feel like. We're recommending the Universal site, but if you wanna do Amazon and support your shiny site here, then go for it! There are a few Firefly/Serenity sites that are doing the same. My feelings are, that as long as you wait until June 23rd, it's great!

If you decide to buy an extra set, please think about donating it to your local public or school library. I've got two movies (one to watch, one to lend) and the one I'm purchasing on June 23rd is going to a library near my Mom's house, though they don't know it yet.

Thanks for the support, guys. Keep spreading the word!

~Kaele

Comment

I have a copy but i will buy another on the day

XXX

Comment

Thanks for dropping by, Kaele!!

Comment

Thanks for having me.

Note to self: steal *ahem* BORROW mom's SG1 DVDs...

Comment

I already own the Firefly and Serenity DVDs. But, being a passionate FanGirl, I'm buying 'em again.

Comment

I'd buy it again too, but only if I'm pointed to a very special edition or when something special comes out, so sorry but I guess I won't buy it on June 23rd as I already have the UK version, the Australian double disc version in tin set (from ezydvd.com.au) and one from our country, with Slovenian subtitles..
                          I love Serenity and would like to be a part of Serenity day, maybe support some other way, it's just that I already own 3 copies
                          the only one I'd buy right now is the USA HD DVD but I don't have a HD DVD player so it doesn't make sense
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, even if you can't purchase Serenity, please have a shindig and watch it that day.

There's also people arranging screenings of Serenity for June 23rd, so check them out over at www.cantstoptheserenity.com for a location near you.

If you can't buy Serenity, definately SPREAD THE WORD about June 23rd. That would be a perfect way to help!

You guys are in SO much trouble. I borrowed my mom's Stargate stuff and now I'm hooked. Curse you! LOL Stargate Mondays are getting to be a staple in my house now. Even my five year old is getting hooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaele
                              You guys are in SO much trouble. I borrowed my mom's Stargate stuff and now I'm hooked. Curse you! LOL Stargate Mondays are getting to be a staple in my house now. Even my five year old is getting hooked.
                              Awesome! I'm glad you're getting addicted to Stargate! Stargate and Firefly/Serenity are the bomb!

Can't stop the signal!

Comment

Working...
                              X