This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    I was only making fun of your crazy antics and robot-ness. Not your wicked personality.
    Ouch. I am not a robot
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      Ouch. I am not a robot
      A robot is an automatically guided machine, able to do tasks on its own. Another common characteristic is that by its appearance or movements, a robot often conveys a sense that it has intent or agency of its own.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot

Yes you are. You're one crazy, very scary robot!
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Ouch. I am not a robot
        The avatar says different
        Originally posted by Loulou13 View Post
        Hi everyone!

My name's Louise (but of course, I go by Loulou...). I'm french (from Jura, but I doubt anyone here know where it is.), and I'm 26.

I really love talking/ writing/ reading in english, but this is not my first language, and I used to play truant when I was younger, especially foreign language classes, so my english may not be perfect...

It is quite ironic that I was a naughty student, because I'm now a teacher...
        I'm sure my teenage students would think i'm really cool if the knew I'm a big fan of stargate!

My big plan : to be mutate in a french high school in the US!

I must confess something terrible : during many years, I didn't watch Stargate SG1, because I had in mind that it was a very stupid show... How do they say? Only idiots don't change their minds? (I know, I know : very cliché). A few months ago, I randomly watched "Window of opportunity", and some time after "2010". It really changed my mind! since, I've bought all the DVD, and watch all the episode at least three times... It is now my favorite TV show with X Files.

I hope no one will believe I love to talk about me too much

I'm happy I've found such a forum!
        Hello French speaking person...I would make a joke about the French but I don't know any
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Hey kid, stick to off topic...that's where all the fun is anyway...and Girlbot it harmless, she couldn't hurt a fly...don't tell her I said that >.>
          LOL Haha allright and thanks for the warm welcome as well and yes I do love the off topic area but I mostly love the rest of the forum as well I allready love gateworld allready and it is awesome and a really cool online community to be with.
          Moros/Merlin
          "My Own Digital Artwork"
          sigpic
          "My Own Digital Artwork"
          "Atlantis"

Comment

Hey,

I'm Aprile Ebdon *waves*
            Feel free to call me whatever you like, I may just not respond to most of it
            I'm 20 and currently residing in Holland, but I'm English.

Anyway, I guess I got wrapped up into SG due to always watching shows I was too young for as a kid.
            An attempt to peel me away from Friday night's late night horror flick, my parents switched the channel to Star Trek, which dragged me into the world of Sci-Fi. And from there, I quickly hopped over to SG-1.
            I'm more of an Atlantis fan, seeing as I've actually seen the entire series (not to say that I haven't seen a majority of SG-1) and have bought a few books and audio plays.
            But I hope to acquire the SG-1 boxset some time this year

Anyway, I'm just thrilled at having found a new playground to visit where I can fangirl about a few of my favourite shows with other fans.
            │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
            .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
            Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

Originally posted by RubixCube View Post
              Hey,

I'm Aprile Ebdon *waves*

Anyway, I guess I got wrapped up into SG due to always watching shows I was too young for as a kid.
              An attempt to peel me away from Friday night's late night horror flick, my parents switched the channel to Star Trek, which dragged me into the world of Sci-Fi. And from there, I quickly hopped over to SG-1.
              I'm more of an Atlantis fan, seeing as I've actually seen the entire series (not to say that I haven't seen a majority of SG-1) and have bought a few books and audio plays.
              But I hope to acquire the SG-1 boxset some time this year

Anyway, I'm just thrilled at having found a new playground to visit where I can fangirl about a few of my favourite shows with other fans.
              Welcome...now hold still...I want to figure you out. I may not have another cube for awhile *Starts to twist and turn Rubixcube*
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou13 View Post
                Hi everyone!

My name's Louise (but of course, I go by Loulou...). I'm french (from Jura, but I doubt anyone here know where it is.), and I'm 26.

I'm happy I've found such a forum!
                Hey,

I'm Aprile Ebdon *waves*
                Hi Loulou and Rubixcube

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                Welcome...now hold still...I want to figure you out. I may not have another cube for awhile *Starts to twist and turn Rubixcube*
                Stop twisting the new memebers
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

If you mean this Jura, then I do know where it is. I live in one of your neighboring countries, but I must admit my French is terrible, beyond any redeem.
                  Yeah! THIS Jura! I’m impress! Can I ask wich country?

As for the questions, maybe I will stuck to the FAQ. Just to be sure...

Comment

Hey,

I'm Aprile Ebdon *waves*
                    Hi George Well you did say to feel free to call you anything I wanted Just kidding
                    Welcome to the forum. Keep your cube inside the gate and hang on for the wild ride.. See you around, or is that a cubed. *wonders if that will translate well* If not ask Jper
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot

Yes you are. You're one crazy, very scary robot!
                      Girlbot is more like an Android...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        Girlbot is more like an Android...
                        That is as close to earth technology that you can come. Home Planet physics is so much more advanced, it's hard to explain in earth terms.
                        It's like explaining PH. PH is PH, see.
                        Welcome Newbies to the loon.................uh........... forum
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Whatever you're, GB, a robot, an android or another artificial lifeform, you must obey the three rules of robotics, or you aren't allowed to exist.
                          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                            Whatever you're, GB, a robot, an android or another artificial lifeform, you must obey the three rules of robotics, or you aren't allowed to exist.

R Daneel Olivaw, Asimov's supreme bot would tell you that there is logic that circumvents the primary 3 laws and yet doesn't break them
                            Newbie's look out for VS he cheats
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

And I would tell that while the 2nd and 3rd laws can be circumvented, 1st one trumps 'em both. "If a human being can get harmed by action or inaction of a robot, it must act against 2nd and 3rd laws, disobeying orders or sacrificing itself to save the human indangered."

I don't cheat, I play on the hardest setting.
                              Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent View Post
                                And I would tell that while the 2nd and 3rd laws can be circumvented, 1st one trumps 'em both. "If a human being can get harmed by action or inaction of a robot, it must act against 2nd and 3rd laws, disobeying orders or sacrificing itself to save the human indangered."

I don't cheat, I play on the hardest setting.
                                I would explain the psychology of rule #1 with you , but that would take this thread really off course, so make a thread about the three laws and I'll meet you there. First read your Asimov, . Vampires........huh.....they think they know it all

Welcome Newbies
                                Sig by The Carpenter
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X