• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to all Newbies...
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Welcome Newbies, have an apple instead...
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

*eats cookies*

Thanks!
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Hello all, I stumbled across this site a few days ago and find myself drawn to it daily.

My Stargate story:

While on a family vacation the SG-1 Series Premier (Children of the Gods) aired and it turned into a Friday night family tradition for the next few months. However, we didn't watch the complete season and although I would think about trying to watch it again never did, until... Eight months ago I got a Ruko and Amazon Prime! I realized Stargate SG-1 was available and found myself hooked! Watching (in order) at night, after wife and kids went to bed, and even streaming occasionally in my truck during lunch.

I like Sci-Fi stuff but I'm not a "Sci-Fi guy" which is probably why I didn't like the story lines I didn't like. I was much more interested in the archaeology and ancient history storylines. After season 4 I found myself fast forwarding through blocks of episodes and even skipping some. The replicator storyline was about to ruin the series for me, but my enjoyment was high enough to keep watching. I found the Asgard story line kind of boring and seriously why wouldn't Apophis die! The numerous flashback episodes got old as well. Regardless, I watched the entire series in 6 months, watched the two movies, and after suffering post SG-1 depression started watching SGA!

I didn't get sucked into SGA right away and found myself using fast forward a little more frequently. None the less, I am very disappointed to finish the series. The replicators (though different,) flash back episodes, and Mckay / Beckett finding tech/medical fixes with seconds to spare were heavy fast forward episodes.

I attempted SGU but concluded it's not for me and will not proceed. It's a shame no more movies (direct to DVD / Amazon) for either SG-1 or SGA or expected.

See you on the other side!

Comment

*watches as Jper suffers side-effects*
              sigpic

Comment

Hi there Insolent Slave
                Nice you decided to sign up. Here, have yourself a welcome cookie =) *passes cookie to Slave*

Comment

I figured I should probably say hi.

I'm a fan from the Great Southern Land, and got into Stargate last...no, wait, the year before last. I'd seen a couple of episodes before then, but never really got around to watching it until then. Of course, then I blasted through all the episodes of every series. Well, all except for seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1, but that was more due to a long line of sleepless nights and burnout . They're on my list to watch as I rewatch the entire series.

I'm always groaning and moaning about various inaccuracies but, for all that, I still love the show and generally have a good time, even with SGU, which I know a lot of people didn't like.

So, yeah, I think that's about all I've got to say.

Comment

Glad to have you aboard Cahir!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Nolamom!

Comment

Welcome
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Hi new people. Enjoy a cookie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you both.

*noms cookie*

Comment

Hi Cahir =) Welcome aboard!

Comment

Hi Cahir,
                                Welcome to Gateworld.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X