This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMTripBobSally
    Hi! I'm Becky, Em's Sis... a few of you might know of me already through Em.. so YO!!! I'm here and um... yeah.... Wahoo...
    Hiya Becky!

Glad you signed up! Waahoo!

Welcome to MissReality, RAA, and Terra as well!

Have fun and post lots!
    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

HEY! I'M HERE TOO! *waves arms around like a crazy wraith*
      WA: Wraith Anonymous!
      and
      See if you can spot the elusive Dissie
      and
      FA: Furlings Anonymous!

Comment

Weeee! Dissie and Bec are here!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

hiya to the new peeps
          sigpic

Comment

and shhhhhh! peeps aren't supposed to know about my *other* half...
            WA: Wraith Anonymous!
            and
            See if you can spot the elusive Dissie
            and
            FA: Furlings Anonymous!

Comment

Waaahoooo! Hiya Dissie!!!

And I know *nothing* about this other half of yours. Nothing whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by dissie
                and shhhhhh! peeps aren't supposed to know about my *other* half...
                What other half?

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Hi all!

I'm Scandrea, and I'm probably more interested in writing, and maybe a good text based RP. Due to things like a college student budget and travel to places where cable TV is a bit of a myth, I've had to take a pretty long hiatus from SG-1. Please be patient with the newbie!

Currently, I'm somewhere in Ohio, but I'll be moving in August to go back to school- again. Anyway, I'd like to find an audience for the fanfic (rapidly turning into a small novel) that I'm writing, and I'd appreciate criticism!

See ya around!
                  It must be a Thursday.

I've never been able to get the hang of Thursdays.

Roll up your pantlegs- you're in JoePa's house now! Congratulations Nittany Lions on an Orange Bowl Victory!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
                    Hi -
                    So. I'm 35 and I feel like I must be the oldest one here. Can anyone tell me I'm wrong? No kids, currently live in Washington DC, (Georgetown U.)- hope it's temporary - I really miss Michigan.

The Stargate movie was the first video I made out to with the man who is now my husband, 10 years ago.

When I know that SG is on TV and I can't watch it for some reason. I get kind of queasy in my belly. I'm a true addict. If I need a fix, I read a transcript. While it's true that I am a J/S shipper (since S1), more than that, I like watching each character develop personal relationships with others, not neccesarily romantic, just as friends or siblings or adversaries (love Maybourne & Ba'al).

Don't hate me, but I'm not too fond of SGA. The concept is good, but where's the character development?
                    I lurk here a lot more than I'll post but I really enjoy the forum and look forward to getting more involved.
                    Terra
                    Welcome, Terra! You are NOT the oldest one here, several of us are already vying for that dubious honor. And, I also am not a fan of SGA particularly, so you are certainly not alone. Enjoy your visits and come out of lurkdom more often! We'd all love to chat with you.

Comment

Finally found time to venture to the well talked about gateworld site!

Addicted to Stargate but newbie to the convention life...first in Vancouver..(couldnt turn down the gate set photo op)...felt kinda silly at first but got into it all very quickly.
                      Was an awesome event.. enjoyed immensenly...looking forward to bank account allowing a 2nd trip. Certainly enjoyed leaving the teenagers behind (for once), anxiously awaiting the next round.

If we're vying for oldest (but not necessarily wisest..lol), I'll ll throw my hat in and try too..45 & climbing...Not dead yet..just a little creaky...

Been reading the posts, so far figured out what the "whumping" is that I heard so much about.. but what is "thunking" and "shipping"..*sorry to be showing my rookiness here!*

thx much
                      thephoenix77
                      thephoenix77

Comment

Hello everyone! What a nice board we have here! I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I've been a Stargate fan since Showtime. I'm not a seasoned poster and I will, I'm sure, make a lot of mistakes, so please let me know when I goof something. I'm looking forward to learning all the ins and outs and I promise to read all the rules and regs. Thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting all of you!
                        I love Stargate and blue jello!!
                        "We can only hope that this will be the last footwear to fall"--Thor, from "Unnatural Selection"

Comment

I've finally decided to sign up here after lurking since mid season 7 of SG1. I've never posted on a message board before.

I've been a fan since mid season 4. Finally got caught up when it started rerunning on SCIFI. I've been addicted ever since. And I completely blame my mother for that.

I look forward to posting in here from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SyFyFantasy
                            Hello everyone! What a nice board we have here! I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I've been a Stargate fan since Showtime. I'm not a seasoned poster and I will, I'm sure, make a lot of mistakes, so please let me know when I goof something. I'm looking forward to learning all the ins and outs and I promise to read all the rules and regs. Thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting all of you!
                            Woah - two people from HR within a day of each other... Weird...

Anyway, to the thread - I'm in Norfolk, VA, and I haven't watched the show regularly - ever, largely b/c I only had cable for two years and I hadn't even heard of it at the time (plus I was busy discovering the glory of Joss Whedon at the time...).

Anyway, I started seeing a few eps in syndication at seemingly random times on the weekend and they were interesting, although not major hooks (I invariably seemed to catch the ones that required the most backstory which I, of course, did not have) but thanks to the wonder of dvd, I took a look at the pilot to see if watching the beginning would actually be enjoyable and not leave me with that same 'what just happened' feeling, which it most certainly did. And thanks to dvd borrowing (and, ok, a little dling where I couldn't find a dvd) I watched all nine seasons (including sga) in the last month. My mind is still reeling a little... It's all a bit of a jumble, actually, but I'm sorting it out
                            Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Welcome to all the new-comers!!

Have fun and post lots!!

Comment

Hey everyone
                                My name's Sarah, or Saz as i'm known in internet land. I'm from Aldershot which is a tiny town in the south of England.
                                I've watched stargate on and off since i was like 9 years old but its only the last 2 years that i've been able to sit and watch more and understand it a bit better.
                                I've been lurking around the forum for about 5 months and i thought i might as well sign up This place will prob end up being my artificial home (in other words a good escape place from coursework and college stress)
                                I hope to get to know some of you better.

peace, love, and all things stargate
                                Saz

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                                ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Working...
                                X