• Show
Clear All

welcome, post around

Comment

Hiya all newbies.......

Look around,,,,recommend the thunk threads ,,, swoon

XX Flygirl

Comment

hey peoples, onyl joined a coupel of weeks ago, but wanted to say a big hello to all you new guys and gals.....
        Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Well met. I am new and saying hello. Just one question. Is it possible to use a personal avatar or do I have to chose one from the site itself and if I can use a personal avatar how do I do that?
          "It is better to die for something then to live for nothing"

Comment

Originally posted by Lenfest
            Well met. I am new and saying hello. Just one question. Is it possible to use a personal avatar or do I have to chose one from the site itself and if I can use a personal avatar how do I do that?
            you have to reach 2001 post before you can use a custom avatar
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hi all. Im a huge fan of the Stargate shows, and the Stargate universe. Ive seen every episode from both shows, and cant wait for the new seasons to be released
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Hi everyone,

the Gateworld Forum is only the second Message boad forum I have ever joined, so I may be a bit rusty to begin with in getting about!

A little about me, I am a 31 year old body building Scotsman who now lives in Bristol South West England. I have always loved Sci Fi in general, and the Stargate universe since I saw Children of The Gods for ther first time. (I saw the movie after this) I am trying to write my own Sci Fi programmes and get acting work in between my day job, and will talk to anyone about anything that is Sci Fi or factual space related.

Back on Earth, I love swimming, cycling narrow boating and photography, as well as hillwalking and camping out. I am hoping at some point to learn how to snowboard and scuba dive, but time and money are not permitting at present!

Anyway, hope to hear from you and please don't hesitate to send me a message to chat or say hi!

Andy K.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Yo lads... Been on this forum all of 2 days now.

I'm from Ireland, 19 years of age and I love ye old Stargate. Can't really remember when I started watching it, but I just kinda always did. I'm into art, I have done some Atlantis Fan Art, which you'll find on my deviant art page.

Thanks lads.

Comment

Hiya there people!
                    Just wanted to say hi!
                    I'm not the only one to have joined the board today, that's pretty impressive!
                    I'm a French girl living a dream... travelling around and working in the countries I want to visit!
                    After having spent over a year in England, I'm now in Scotland, on my way to the USA and Canada someday!

I've been a fan of RDA for as long as I can remember, I was 6 when MacGyver was first aired in my country!
                    I just love Stargate, my favorite character being this great Stargate, what an adventure!
                    I happen to work on the French Sci-Fi conventions organization so I've met quite a few actors of both SG-1 and Atlantis so far and man, aren't they just great!

Here a quick list of the actors I've met:
                    Colon Cunningham, Peter/Michael/David DeLuise, Gary Jones, James Lafazanos, Bill Dow, Musetta Vanders, Douglas Arthurs, Paul McGillion, Tony Amendola... yep, that's pretty much all so far!

I've been visiting GW on a regular basis for years, now it's time to join its community!

So hi to everybody I know from various places and hi to all the ones I'll meet here!
                    Good morning campers!

Comment

Welcome
                      to everyone who's new here! I hope you'll have fun here on Gateworld!

Questions about the forum? Find help here:

Handy Forum tutorial
                      X-treme guide to Gateworld
                      Gateworld FAQ
                      How to get a good reputation
                      Rep points, the universe and everything
                      Things to think about when starting a thread
                      Sig Rules clarification
                      Members helping members

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hi everybody!
                        I joined a couple of days ago, mostly just been looking arouns.
                        I've been into Stargate for...about 3 to 4 years now. I have seen every episode at least once, most of them twice, since I have seasons 1-8 on dvd, as well as season 1 of atlantis.
                        I've written a few fics, nothing very big. I'm a big Jack/Sam shipper, and my friends are trying very hard to make me a Carson/Rodney shipper too!

I'm also completely in love with Daniel Jackson.

I've met Michael Shanks and Chris Judge. I'm hopefully meeting Don Davis, Torri Higginson and Rachel Luttrel this summer, and am planning on meeting RDA and Amanda Tapping next year...if I can afford it. I'm still in school, so it's not at all definite .

And I really want a zat gun.

Comment

Originally posted by elenmai
                          Hi everybody!
                          I joined a couple of days ago, mostly just been looking arouns.
                          I've been into Stargate for...about 3 to 4 years now. I have seen every episode at least once, most of them twice, since I have seasons 1-8 on dvd, as well as season 1 of atlantis.
                          I've written a few fics, nothing very big. I'm a big Jack/Sam shipper, and my friends are trying very hard to make me a Carson/Rodney shipper too!

I'm also completely in love with Daniel Jackson.

I've met Michael Shanks and Chris Judge. I'm hopefully meeting Don Davis, Torri Higginson and Rachel Luttrel this summer, and am planning on meeting RDA and Amanda Tapping next year...if I can afford it. I'm still in school, so it's not at all definite .

And I really want a zat gun.
                          Welcome... I like your plan of Meeting Don and Torri... I'm guessing you're going to LFCC4? there's a thread in the Fandom section for anyone going to the LFCC... check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
                            Welcome... I like your plan of Meeting Don and Torri... I'm guessing you're going to LFCC4? there's a thread in the Fandom section for anyone going to the LFCC... check it out.
                            Indeed. I was actually just reading that thread.

Comment

New member here. I loved the whole concept when the movie came out but I thought the movie was lacking. I really like the series. I watch it every chance I get but since we don't have cable its rare I get to see it.
                              Question: How do I start a new thread?
                              I know most fans don't like shanehan but I do. He has given Carter more depth, more of a 3-D personality rather than just a Stargate person whose love interest is taboo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rionya
                                New member here.
                                Welcome!
                                Question: How do I start a new thread?
                                You go into the sub-forum where you want to post a new thread and click on the big blue button with "new thread" on it. The button's at the top of the page, a bit under the control bar, left from where you can click through the pages of a thread. When you click on "Forum tools" you can also find the option "Post a new thread".

Hope this helps.
                                But please take a look at this thread before you start a new thread:
                                Things to think about before starting a new thread

If you have more questions about the forum, only five posts ago I posted a list of links that might be helpful for newbies (and some regulars, too )

Bye, A.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X