• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by hammer227 View Post
      Hello Falcon!

Yeah well italian is kinda difficult language to learn... Most of us are still learning... Anyway you managed just fine for 15 years so I guess that'sgood thing =D

Now this... I'm confused... You'll have to forgive me but I'm not up to speed with slang and my english isn't that good either...

EDIT

Can somebody teach me how to do the quote thing right please?
      I would say that languages like Italian and Spanish, being Latin-based, are only difficult to learn because Latin isn't something that's widely taught in schools anymore *shrug*

Comment

I leave for a few hours and you are being nice to noobs and not grilling them. I expected better from a veteran poster, FH.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

She's a slacker, what can you do?

Welcome Cil and hammer!
          sigpic

Comment

Just like Nola?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
              Because I'm a shipper.
              Me too, I multiship... just not that ship.

Originally posted by hammer227 View Post
              Now this... I'm confused... You'll have to forgive me but I'm not up to speed with slang and my english isn't that good either...
              Explained by Britta, which is a good thing too cause I was clueless myself...

Originally posted by Britta View Post
              "Bing tiddle tiddle bong" is something McKay says in an episode of Stargate Atlantis. I was joking that what FH said didn't make sense.
              Ah right, he does.

And it does make sense, as we won't see each other much, or at all, since I don't play in the SG1-threads on the forum (except for the episode threads maybe). I hate SJ with a vengeance so yeah... not a match made in GW-heaven.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              I would say that languages like Italian and Spanish, being Latin-based, are only difficult to learn because Latin isn't something that's widely taught in schools anymore *shrug*
              I took 2 years of Latin. Comes in handy when I'm reading inscriptions on old tombs.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I leave for a few hours and you are being nice to noobs and not grilling them. I expected better from a veteran poster, FH.
              If they don't come closer, I can't spice 'em up.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              She's a slacker, what can you do?
              Good question...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sam Jack is such a cliché. The male and female lead as a couple seems to be done in most TV shows. Although I guess it wasn't actually done and just something fans wanted
                Jelgate is right

Comment

...and fic posted...

I'm off... *yawns*

Comment

Generally I don't read fanfic. Most of it is terrible
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Generally I don't read fanfic. Most of it is terrible
                      But some of it isn't.

Comment

And the portion that ISN'T is amazing.

Welcome, Marta! I don't speak Italian, but I do know French....so I can kindasorta READ Italian. Plus I did take a year of Latin in high school.
                        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          But some of it isn't.
                          Fanfic is like reality tv.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you all very much for the nice welcome!

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
                            Hi there Cil! Welcome to GW!

I'm the opposite of you--I started with SG-1 because it was the only one available on Canadian Netflix. Now I've bought all of them plus the movies and am watching Atlantis for the first time.

And yes, we're crazy here. We'll corrupt you eventually!
                            It's probably normal to start with SG-1 first. And my guess is, it's easier. Because you don't have to get used to an older series after watching a newer one. But I do kinda envy you. I wanna be in the position to watch SGA again for the first time again. How far are you?

Cil - he meant that in the nicest way possible.

Stop spoiling our food!

I hate it when it runs in the wrong direction.

Not another McKay fan...

Well then... hello and goodbye. We'll probably never talk again.

Hang in there... It's a bit of getting used to. And McKay does make an appearance, except I can't remember which season.

Speak for yourself... I'm in fact cute and fluffy, and Kate loves me very much... McKay hates me with a vengeance for chewing through his wires all the time.
                            I'm not only watching SG-1 for the few appearances of McKay. I wouldn't have enough patience for that. But I do admit, it helps to know the Atlantis crew will eventually have their guest appearances. I hope I'm gonna warm up to the SG-1 crew enough to keep watching for their sake.
                            By the way, can you tell me, when SG-1 will really turn good? Second season? Or even later?

So I guess, you're not a McKay fan? Can't really understand that, but to everyone their opinion. From my point of view, he's the best thing about SGA and by far the most interesting and well written character. But I certainly don't want to start a war over this.

Am I right to assume that Heightmeyer is your favorite character? If yes, I almost feel sorry for you, since she's only in about five episodes... But I also always liked her and she certainly didn't deserve the horrible way they got rid of her.

...and fic posted...

I'm off... *yawns*
                            What kind of fanfiction are you writing? I'm not very talented in writing myself (I'm always lacking the good ideas) but I really like reading them. Although I guess our taste in fanfiction are probably very very different. Fortunately my favorite pairing is the one, that seems to be the most popular in the fanfiction world (lucky me!) and for some reason doesn't seem to be very popular here in the forum. But that also leaves me with the rather difficult task to sort out the amazing fics from the mass of very very bad ones. Ah well, I shouldn't complain.

Comment

I would say SG1 found its stride in S3, although S1 and S2 have some great episodes
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I would say SG1 found its stride in S3, although S1 and S2 have some great episodes
                                Thanks for letting me know. Until now I really liked "The enemy within" and especially "The torment of Tantalus". (I watched that one yesterday.) The rest wasn't really so much my taste... But in that case I'll hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X