This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

I’m new to the forum and relatively new to the franchise as well. I’ve known the original Stargate movie for years, but I’ve just recently discovered there are several series as well. (I know, I’m VERY late to the party! )
    So I’ve devoured all five seasons of Stargate Atlantis in about a month and loved it to bits! I’m especially a huge fan of McKay! Now I’m crushed there won’t be any more seasons…

I started watching SG-1 a few days ago now, but I think I haven’t really got the hang of it yet. I’m still waiting for the show to really start off. I know with many series that can take a while in the beginning, so I’m patient.
    By the way, I’m completely aware I’m watching them in the wrong order. I was just a bit more interested in the Atlantis premise. Also it was the only Stargate series available on Netflix, so naturally I’ve started with that one.

I’m happy to have found this still active forum, all these years after Stargate has ended. And I’m looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Comment

Yippe!! New meat!

err... Welcome to the boards. I would urge caution while interacting with the inmates here. Not all of them are completely sane.

Comment

Hi there Cil! Welcome to GW!

I'm the opposite of you--I started with SG-1 because it was the only one available on Canadian Netflix. Now I've bought all of them plus the movies and am watching Atlantis for the first time.

And yes, we're crazy here. We'll corrupt you eventually!
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Yippe!! New meat!
          Cil - he meant that in the nicest way possible.

Stop spoiling our food!

I hate it when it runs in the wrong direction.

Originally posted by Cil View Post
          So I’ve devoured all five seasons of Stargate Atlantis in about a month and loved it to bits! I’m especially a huge fan of McKay! Now I’m crushed there won’t be any more seasons…
          Not another McKay fan...

Well then... hello and goodbye. We'll probably never talk again.

Originally posted by Cil View Post
          I started watching SG-1 a few days ago now, but I think I haven’t really got the hang of it yet. I’m still waiting for the show to really start off. I know with many series that can take a while in the beginning, so I’m patient.
          Hang in there... It's a bit of getting used to. And McKay does make an appearance, except I can't remember which season.

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
          And yes, we're crazy here.
          Speak for yourself... I'm in fact cute and fluffy, and Kate loves me very much... McKay hates me with a vengeance for chewing through his wires all the time.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ooooowww so here it is the presentation thread...

I've been looking for this for like one hour guys...

Anyway, here goes for like the 4th time my introduction (partially -ok, ok most of it- copied from my profile because yes I'm that lazy...

Hello Campers!!!

I'm Marta, 27 years old from Italy, and I'd like to make new friends with a shared passion: Stargate.

Before you point out that I've been a member since like forever (as you probably can see from the status thingy on the left) and I didn't post anything it's because I just spent most of the time lurking in the shadows trying to find some time to actually stop by and say 'hello' properly but life decided to get busy (you know, work, and other life related stuff) and in like a blink of an eye years went by and God I coulnd't even remember what I did for all these year except work, work, work and not having time to actually do what I like, now things got calmer, life apparently paced itself and got time to stop, breath, and say hello.

Anyway, feel free to say 'Hi' I don't bite (not everytime at least...) What else can I say...

Just so you know, I'm a hard core fan of the show, in particular SG1 and Atlantis, I'm a Die Hard SJ Shipper (have been for nearly a decade now, so... you know... I'm not gonna let them drop anytime soon), I love coffee, I write fanfic (guess whom about?), I've made/make music video (again, take a wild guess) and if you have anymore question you can ask them yourselves because I don't really know what else to say.

I'll see you around guys!
            WHACKO!!! (signature is still W.I.P.)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hammer227 View Post
              Hello Campers!!!

I'm Marta, 27 years old from Italy, and I'd like to make new friends with a shared passion: Stargate.
              Hi!

Before you point out that I've been a member since like forever (as you probably can see from the status thingy on the left) and I didn't post anything
              I know that feeling. I joined in September 2006 and didn't start posting until April 2014.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Ooooowww so here it is the presentation thread...
                I call it the local food court... but that's just me...

Bongiorno!!

And that's as far as my pizza-Italian goes... and that after more than 15 years of going on vacation to Italy. You'd think I'd have picked up the language by now... ...or, you know, some words.

Before you point out that I've been a member since like forever (as you probably can see from the status thingy on the left)...
                Wow, 3 posts and you've been a member like... FOREVAH!!

...I'm a Die Hard SJ Shipper...
                Hi and bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                  I know that feeling. I joined in September 2006 and didn't start posting until April 2014.
                  WHA...!!!???!!!

Your postcount is nearly as high as mine... You have way too much time on your hands!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Hi and bye!
                    You may as well be saying "bing tiddle tiddle bong".

Comment

Hi!
                      Hi Britta! Nice to meet you!!!

Oh thank goodness that makes me feel better!!! Knowing I'm not alone in the lurking I mean XD

sigpic

Comment

Why?

Comment

WHA...!!!???!!!

Your postcount is nearly as high as mine... You have way too much time on your hands!
                          You can say that again.

Seriously though, on April 4th 2014 my post count was 1.

Why?
                          Because I'm a shipper.

Comment

Hello Falcon!

Yeah well italian is kinda difficult language to learn... Most of us are still learning... Anyway you managed just fine for 15 years so I guess that'sgood thing =D

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Hi and bye!
                            Now this... I'm confused... You'll have to forgive me but I'm not up to speed with slang and my english isn't that good either...

EDIT

Can somebody teach me how to do the quote thing right please?

sigpic

Comment

"Bing tiddle tiddle bong" is something McKay says in an episode of Stargate Atlantis. I was joking that what FH said didn't make sense.

Click the Reply With Quote button under a post. If you want to quote more than one, click the little button right of that for each post and then click the big Reply to Thread button at the bottom of the thread. When you quote someone it doesn't automatically quote people they've quoted.

Comment

"Bing tiddle tiddle bong" is something McKay says in an episode of Stargate Atlantis. I was joking that what FH said didn't make sense.

Click the Reply With Quote button under a post. If you want to quote more than one, click the little button right of that for each post and then click the big Reply to Thread button at the bottom of the thread. When you quote someone it doesn't automatically quote people they've quoted.
                                Oooooh, ok I think I've got it now... both of the things XD

Thank you very much for your assistance *Bows head 'a la' Teal'c*
                                Last edited by hammer227; 20 August 2015, 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X