X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~*~Hello and Welcome new members to
    the GateWorld Forums~*~

Just remember to have fun and that if you post in Off-topic your post count doesn't change...no really...try it...see I told you.

Comment

lo, just recently joined yet have been to the site for a while. Saw the movie when I was a younger and fell in love with the show when it aired on Showtime. I'm a band photographer out of texas currently majoring in theo-astrophysics with a minor in film. And I have to admit, I was bit inspired to do so by all the years of watching Carter's character spitting out terms foreign to me left and right. though that may sound quite odd.

Thanks everyone-

Comment

Hello all! I'm Melanie and well, I've known Stargate since the movie was out. Recent years I'm getting more obsessed by it, because I'm a bit older and well wiser?

The thing that fascinates me the most is the mythology in Stargate, because I'm really a history geek (already since I was a young child)! I just love the entire stargate theory and all the Goa'uld "God's"... I still think it's a pity that they didn't give Osiris a more bigger role, but oh well, can't have everything...

But alright, I forgot to mention that I love Atlantis too! Pity though that the second season isn't out in Belgium *grr* but I'll be patient and watch all the Sg1 seasons...again (as well as the first Atlantis season).

I'll stop ranting now!

Greetings!
        Last edited by lonelycrow; 28 February 2006, 06:13 AM.
        ...I want to hug Thor. Now.

Comment

Hello People of Earth!

For start I want to exuse for my Englisch (it's because I'm from Czech republic - as David Nykl (Radek Zelenka)), but I will try my best.

My nickname is from SW, but if you hate it, you can call me Wedan

So as I have sad I'm from Czech, but momentaly I live in New York.
          I hope, that I will quick find how it work here and enjoy it.

And if i will write Czech tak tomu nemáte rozumět!!! Jasný!?! A pokud tomu rozumíte, tak mi napište!

PS: If you ever will need something translate from Zelenkas Czech, just contact me.

So see you in Forum!

Mi chceme víc češtiny ve Star Gate Atlantis!!!
          Grey order is here for stability between Light and Dark!
          Mi chceme Zelenku!!! Mi chceme více češtiny v SGA!!!

Comment

Hi another Newbie Signing up

I thought it was about time I should, since I have been lurking here for the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Has
              Hi another Newbie Signing up

I thought it was about time I should, since I have been lurking here for the past few years.
              Sorry I don't have interst in English sites when I wass in Czech rep.
              I find this pages when I look on interwie with David Nykl, that was made for this page.
              PS: Do you now what he sad Czech?

Comment

Hi
                I have recently joined and thought I'd say hi.

Been watching stargate since the movie came out and SG1 on sky when it came out in the uk. Currently subscribing to the SG1 DVD Collection - up to season six (yay)

Only found this site in jan whilst looking for info on an stargate related topic.
                Hope to be joining in discussions soon
                I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Wow! A whole load of new folk. Welcome to the forums, have fun!
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                    Maybe I can send here more people...
                    But when I look on who many peoples are on-line I think this forum need just 1 or 2 new users a month

Comment

Hello, everybody my name is KOYAK, I just wanted to say hallo.
                      I am new on this forum, ive e a little time to check it out.
                      I am living in Holland, so pardon my bad typing.
                      I am a BIG Sci-Fi fan from the old school, ST,TOS, TNG, DS9, Doctor Who,
                      BSG, B5, but SG1 & SGA take the top of th list these days. Further more m I a big Metal Head from the late 70's on to now, but I always found something to link it with sci-Fi, for example KISS Ace Frehley, Iron Maiden and there lyric's, but there is so much more to it. it has obsessed me for three decades.
                      What drweme to Stargate was the Egypt link, when I sa the movie I was blown away, and then came the series. Where does it end, so much deeper then the Utopia Gene Roddenberry intended for ST. HELL enough about me, I just wanted to say Hello
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by KOYAK; 02 March 2006, 03:51 PM.
                      Take a look in the Pool ad what do yu see.
                      Inthe dark depths there, faces beckoning me.
                      Can't you see them it's plain to see.
                      They were there, oh i know you dont believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                        Thanks for the welcome,
                        this forwum seems to rather freindly compared to some that i've been on
                        I remember something. There was a man. He’s bald and wears a short sleeve shirt and somehow he’s very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Just thought I would finally say hello and introduce myself a bit. Joined a week or so ago, but have just been hanging around and watching some of the tournaments, games, and other discussions taking place. Been a fan of Stargate since the movie. Recently received my order of season 8 of SG-1 and season 1 of Atlantis on DVD, so was in the middle of my new season ritual of watching them all the way through and thought there must be others out there like me. Needless to say, I found my way here.

Other than Stargate, my other primary interests seem to be (in no particular order), motorcycling, computers (web tech mostly), yo-yo's, and roller coasters, as well as some other things in there as well.

Anyhow, nice to meet ya and I'll see you around.

-RMB
                          Those who live with no fear inevitably lead boring lives, for fear is the element within our hearts that breathes excitement into our souls.

Comment

Hello everybody I'm new to the forum and I'm glad that I found a good Stargate forum. SG-1 & Atlantis are my 2 favorite shows on television and I only have my dad and 1 friend who are also fans. It will be cool to converse with other fans.

Comment

Hi everyone. I recently joined the forum after being a regular reader of the main Gateworld website. My name's John and I'm from the UK. I've been a huge fan of all of Stargate since the beginning of SG-1 in Season 1. I think I first found out about the show after seeing a trailer for it on another sci-fi video (I think it was one of the Babylon 5 TV Movies). I'd already seen the movie with Kurt Russell in it and was already a huge sci-fi fan (mostly of Star Trek). So, I decided to tune in one week to see what it was like. I think my first episode was "The Nox", which is still a good episode to me. The rest, as they say, is history. I've been a huge fan/supporter of the show since then and have seen every episode (up to and including the end of Season 8 of SG-1 and Season 1 of Atlantis).

I guess what makes the Stargate series' so unique and excellent to me is the constant believability of the characters, exciting action, not to mention very compelling stories that never get old. I really love all the characters, settings etc. I'm also really incredibly pleased that SG-1 is still going after all these years. Especially after having to put up with every Star Trek series ending after 7 years.

As for myself, I mainly do office work on weekdays. But I'm also an Administrator and/or Moderator for various forums, mainly to do with new and upcoming teen singers from the UK and USA. Teen stars are something I've always believed strongly in supporting, since a lot of them are doing something worthwhile with their lives, unlike a lot of kids I see on the streets who only have a talent for causing trouble (although obviously they're not all bad. So no offense to any young people on here.).

Anyway, sorry about the long post, I have a habit of doing that. I look forward to posting on the forum whenever possible, as well as reading what's already posted. Take care and thanks in advance to anyone who makes me feel welcome.
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome everybody!!!
                                Many new people coming in after I com in. WOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X