Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me ,it's possible to report one's own posts.

It's possible so that requests for action can be answered: Poll creation,edits,double-posting ,all that kind of thing .

The reporter doesn't get a copy of the report e-mail but all the Mods do.

We're kind of OT but go ahead .Test it out on one of your own posts.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Since messages are disabled- How will Probies (like me) be notified if they win the Gold Tickets to Creation Vancouver (April 14-17) ?

I'm on the edge of my seat!

Comment

If you win,you'd be notified via either pm by an Admin ( Skydiver or TameFarrar) or failing that ,you'd be contacted via the e-mail address you signed up with when you joined .

Comment

Going by last year, once a winner has been determined and notified and such, Chad should post a 'so and so won' post, so that everyone knows who the lucky person is.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I get the whole, you need x number of posts before you're off probie status and such, but is it normal to go 50 posts and still not be able to edit my profile?
            Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
            My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

There's a random factor built into the system ,so it can can take a while .

Comment

*Pouts* I feel bad for not being able to reply to the VMs and green I'm getting.
                What's the chance I'll be unlucky up to 100 posts?

My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Going by last year, once a winner has been determined and notified and such, Chad should post a 'so and so won' post, so that everyone knows who the lucky person is.
                  Sweet! Thanks for the heads up on this. As a newbie, looks like my pm's aren't enabled yet , so I'll be stalking my inbox while I get to know my new SG home away from home .

Comment

Originally posted by Siara.Corvus View Post
                    *Pouts* I feel bad for not being able to reply to the VMs and green I'm getting.
                    What's the chance I'll be unlucky up to 100 posts?
                    No point pouting.
                    Wait and see what happens.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      No point pouting.
                      Wait and see what happens.....
                      Hmm, all the wait makes the reward much sweeter in the end.
                      But still.... I want to finally use really cool avatars and siggys *flails*

Comment

Hi there,
                        I'm SO new to all this! I've spent a few days just kind of trolling around the various pages, threads, etc., enjoying the sense of community that you all share. I'm a huge SG fan and look forward to joining in the fun.

Comment

As with many things, it's a combo of posts and time, and it randomly changes....this is a defense against those spammers that would blast away 75 posts in an hour or so just to see if they can get one spam post through

Patience is a virtue
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Indie
                            I'm new too!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            As with many things, it's a combo of posts and time, and it randomly changes....this is a defense against those spammers that would blast away 75 posts in an hour or so just to see if they can get one spam post through

Patience is a virtue
                            I know. But it may very well kill me eventually
                            And spammers really have no life. But that's no secret.

I'm guessing that being on probie status also mean that I can't friend anyone?

Comment

Hi Siara.Corvus

Even if you can't officially 'friend' anyone as a probie know that there's another newbie out here, just like you, doing the patience dance.

Comment

I'm just hoping your dance ends doesn't take as long as mine

Comment

Working...
                                X