This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg View Post
    I've just tried to connect to the IP you posted from, and there's definatelly issues in the UK with Above.net - it's not GW or GW's provider's problem.

Maybe you should contact your ISP and complain of slow speeds to this site.
    The ISP will not do anything. As long as the line is working they will not interfere. They diagnosed my line yesterday and I had the bandwidth required. When the bandwidth test server recommended by your ISP will state otherwise, then they will work to improve the speed.

Comment

Well, I had a problem with it too yesterday but things seem to be back to normal now. But it was definitely just Gateworld yesterday, the rest of the internet was running fine...
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I've just tried to connect to the IP you posted from, and there's definatelly issues in the UK with Above.net - it's not GW or GW's provider's problem.

Maybe you should contact your ISP and complain of slow speeds to this site.
        This is the only site which is loading slow for me

Comment

Originally posted by aduk85 View Post
          This is the only site which is loading slow for me
          Now I seem to be having problems. Everything else is running fine. It is definitely a problem when trying to access GW.

Comment

i wonder....could it be something with one of the ad servers?

usually, pages don't load until the ads do. and if the ad is on a pokey server, they bog down the pages. cause and effect.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              i wonder....could it be something with one of the ad servers?

usually, pages don't load until the ads do. and if the ad is on a pokey server, they bog down the pages. cause and effect.
              I had trouble, yesterday, but today it's fine. THANK GOODNESS!!!!!
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

could very well be, i wouldnt of thought it was the google ads that were slow

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Everything gets screwed when I reach Dallas

The latencies/routes you've posted are perfectly normal.

Comment

The site is still fairly slow here in the uk, but its working quicker than earlier

Comment

Originally posted by aduk85 View Post
                      It was working okay this morning, but its gone slow again. Its around 3pm here in the uk at the time of writing this.

I dont use my isps dns servers either, i use open dns for my internet needs. Is anyone else using them, and having the same problems?

Hey slow speeds = alot of people visiting which is good in a way
                      hi,

one of the options when I installed my server was Open DNS; could you or Greg explain to me the advantage of installing an openDNS server or using one? how would I use it?

Comment

The latencies/routes you've posted are perfectly normal.

Yesterday when the site was running slow they were triple . I should have saved the log . GW works fine for the moment

Comment

Well, right now it's running ok, not as fast as normal, but ok. Although, on page load, the ads do take the longest. When I first came in a few minutes ago, the ads stalled for a few seconds more than normal, and the Smilies were a little slow too, but everything else seemed fine.
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Ok since i havent seen anything concrete i will close this thread.

There's billions of possibilities that could cause GW to load slowly - but in the last 2 years the site has been on the current platform/provider - we have not seen any transit or server related problems so i'll rule them out until proven otherwise

We do monitor things 24/7 so if anything pops up i will let you know as always.

Comment

Working...
                            X