• Show
Clear All

Dragon wars
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

the ads take up the whole screen
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yep - Dragon Wars doesn't even have to be touched and it pops up and takes over.
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
        Yep - Dragon Wars doesn't even have to be touched and it pops up and takes over.
        I ditto that. I'm on dial-up and it created a lot of lag before it went away and I could log in.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

...don't know if it's the ads or not, but it takes forever for pages to load, post reply, or just navigate to different areas of the forum...

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            ...don't know if it's the ads or not, but it takes forever for pages to load, post reply, or just navigate to different areas of the forum...
            Gateworld is getting increasingly unstable. My connection timed out while trying to post this message while at the same exact time other sites are just fine.

Comment

There is a server sluggishness issue that is unrelated to the Dragon Wars ad. Hopefully Greg can fix it when he comes back online.

Thanks for your patience!
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                There is a server sluggishness issue that is unrelated to the Dragon Wars ad. Hopefully Greg can fix it when he comes back online.

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for clearing that up because I was planning to call my ISP tomorrow. I get timed out and too long to respond every time I access a GW resource.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  yea i noticed that to and some times it loses the conection to the site when all the other tabs dont only this site does for some reason its getin increasingly hard to do anything even navigateing is a constant struggle
                  sigpic
                  Sig For Me!

Comment

Greg has fixed the server issue, and we have also had the "Dragon Wars" banner removed.

Comment

I got that horrible dragon ad just now.

Screenshot is fullsize in 1280 x 1024

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9012/dragonyd8.jpg

Thanks,
                      Vala,

Comment

How anyone thinks ads like that are a positive thing is beyond me. It's like shouting at someone "try my stuff!" out of nowhere.

It's unfortunate GW has had to deal with these kinds of issues and advertisers have the brain cells of an amoeba.

Comment

Yeah, and I got the ad again just a few minutes ago.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Greg has fixed the server issue, and we have also had the "Dragon Wars" banner removed.
                            It's still there Darren. It's bloody annoying. Also this is way off topic but since when is a 65 mill worldwide box office tally considered a hit?
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

that dragon scared me half to death on the GW homepage just now....

Comment

It was removed, but has apparently returned today. I'll contact our ad agency again!

Comment

Working...
                                X