This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    I just went to tools>extensions>get more extensions and then searched for ad block and then clicked the 'free +' blue button. Then a box pops up saying it will be added and I click okay. That's all I did.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I've e-mailed Darren about it.

Just a little word. I totally get using ad block. I once accessed yahoo without it and was astonished at all the junk there and how practically unusable it is with the ads. However....the ads here help to pay the server bills so....use your best judgement and bear the 'big picture' in mind (no pun intended)
    I did as mrscopter said and downloaded the adblocker. I'm still getting the WU ad as well as others that are doing it too (Bonnie and Clyde ad.)

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      There was a Zazzle ad that did the same thing. I reported it to Google ad sense, and they said they would contact the other party involved. I haven't seen the ad lately.
      I like your avatar. It looks like we're all being flipped off.

Comment

yes, I've put AdBlock on every website EXCEPT GW
        sigpic

Comment

I'm generally not bothered by the ads on here; I've never been bothered enough to complain, but that Western Union ad is so annoying, and it keeps on popping up and unfurling. Will AdBlock make it go away?
          sigpic

Comment

yes, adblock DOES kill it...unfortunately (for me) I disable adblock for GW because the ad revenues support the site. However, I'm thinking of re-enabling it for here for about a week until that Western Union ad gets sorted.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If that ad keeps bothering me, I'll enable adblock for a bit then.
              sigpic

Comment

I used to just click close on that WU ad but this morning no matter how many times I close it, it just comes back! Blech!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  I used to just click close on that WU ad but this morning no matter how many times I close it, it just comes back! Blech!
                  I have the ad blocker on but the ads keep coming through. Now I'm getting an annoying Best Buy ad on Photobucket.

Comment

Ad codes are more and more "smart" and regional ,and key into mentions of the product/site/symptoms etc.Also ad codes are more complex and more flash-based ( and often LOUD) because they want to get them past the Adblockers *and* noticed by us on websites.

Darren can mail Googleads and Gorilla Nation the info that pinpoints specific intrusive ads that need to be gone from our forum/GW Main,but he needs caps and if possible the url of the ad itself.

FanGirl: can you see if you still have the cap for the WU Ad in your albums,and repost it please?

Nobody else has posted a copy ,and the cap you posted here is deleted or moved according to PB.
                    ( Probably they've scrambled your albums.That's happened to quite a few of us since "New" PB was introduced.)
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Ad codes are more and more "smart" and regional ,and key into mentions of the product/site/symptoms etc.Also ad codes are more complex and more flash-based ( and often LOUD) because they want to get them past the Adblockers *and* noticed by us on websites.

Darren can mail Googleads and Gorilla Nation the info that pinpoints specific intrusive ads that need to be gone from our forum/GW Main,but he needs caps and if possible the url of the ad itself.

FanGirl: can you see if you still have the cap for the WU Ad in your albums,and repost it please?

Nobody else has posted a copy ,and the cap you posted here is deleted or moved according to PB.
                      ( Probably they've scrambled your albums.That's happened to quite a few of us since "New" PB was introduced.)

I don't understand anything except the part about the cap being gone.

Comment

Thanks for reposting the ad-pic!

The rest of the post was general info about how Darren needs specifics to forward to the Ad people.

Basically the more he can find out-the better the chance of the ads being dropped so they don't keep interfering with our view of threads or control buttons.

Comment

oh Baggie - this particular ad has been *difficult* for awhile...urg....
                          sigpic

Comment

The WU one? Yes,I backread the thread.

What Darren really needs is the ad code url itself if anyone can get at it.I'd do it myself but it won't appear for me because I'm in the UK.

Comment

next time it presents itself, I'll click on it and get all the down and dirty
                              sigpic

Comment

That'd be great! *Wiggles eyebrows*

Comment

Working...
                                X