This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    It was removed, but has apparently returned today. I'll contact our ad agency again!
    That's odd. Thanks for letting us know.

Vala,

Comment

That continuous Kyle XY ad that is somehow the Gateworld main page background is WAY too annoying and graphic for my tastes. It has been on there for a few days.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        That continuous Kyle XY ad that is somehow the Gateworld main page background is WAY too annoying and graphic for my tastes. It has been on there for a few days.

Vala,
        so you jsut don't like it or is it causing problems with the menu's??? i think Darren only blocks ads that only disrupt the navigation of the site. not just because people don't like them
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

for darren to curtail ads they need to be

Inappropriate
          mess with navigation

Simply not liking them won't be much of an excuse i'm afraid
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The Kyle XY reskin is only on the main site's home page, and only runs Saturday through today. We only do reskins every couple of months, and the benefit they give to GateWorld far outweighs the temporary design change.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I meant at least from my viewpoint, it's inappropriate, the guy is lifting his shirt up and it looks suggestive, at least for me. But I guess if it's just until tonight I can wait. I never read it so I didn't know it was expiring today. If I knew that, I wouldn't have bothered posting about it.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                I meant at least from my viewpoint, it's inappropriate, the guy is lifting his shirt up and it looks suggestive, at least for me. But I guess if it's just until tonight I can wait. I never read it so I didn't know it was expiring today. If I knew that, I wouldn't have bothered posting about it.

Vala,
                I'm crushed I missed it

Adrianne
                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

To everyone who wants to get rid of annoying adds - Firefox + Noscript - and allow only gateworld.net

Comment

There's an ad which flashes red and white non stop! I can't look at it for one second! It makes my eyes feel so uncomfortable. It's the one saying "I'm the 999,999 person to visit the site, click here to win the prize" and keeps popping up more than the other ads! I'm going now, I can't use the forum with that flashing!
                    sigpic

Comment

Those sorts of ads should absolutely never be appearing on GateWorld. In order to remove them (unfortunately), we need to know the destination URL of the click-thru.

Sometimes you can get that by right-clicking on the ad and copying the target link location, pasting it into Notepad, and looking for the "http://" portion embeded toward the end of the URL.

A screenshot would also help us to track it down.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        Those sorts of ads should absolutely never be appearing on GateWorld. In order to remove them (unfortunately), we need to know the destination URL of the click-thru.

Sometimes you can get that by right-clicking on the ad and copying the target link location, pasting it into Notepad, and looking for the "http://" portion embeded toward the end of the URL.

A screenshot would also help us to track it down.
                        I can't get the address as the flashing is so fast I really can't take looking at it. Here's a screenshot:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1001/adnm3.jpg
                        sigpic

Comment

I just got the same Ad as well, it appears in Flash Player so right clicking on it just brings up the Flash Player options.

Comment

I'm getting it too, across the top of the page nearly every time it loads - stupid thing is really annoying and quite migraine-inducing to look at. Here's a screencap:

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by Darren; 24 January 2008, 01:14 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this helps using the temp internet files on my pc this is the address that is linked to the ad

hxxp : //cdn.euroclick.com/contents/38517/popmessage_728x90.swf ? clickTag=http%3
                              A//adopt.euroclick.com/lnk/%3Fk%3DMTQxMDc7MTA3NDk7OTkxOTszODUxNztmLmYuOS
                              5mcC52bXQuMTczOTk0QEBjd2hvQEBvbG13bG1AQDlfOUBAeWdtdmcgZnAgaXZ0cmxtem8gbX
                              ZnZGxpcDsxMjAxMTMyMDQzMzExOzQ7OzExNDh8MTU1fDE4MTB8MTU0fDI5Mnw4Njd8MTgwN3w
                              zNnwyMTczfDMzfDIxNDR8MjAwNXwxNzk3fDkwMHw7OzE7MTY2Nzsxhref%3Dhttp%3A
                              //www.freelotto.com/offer.asp%3Foffer%3D1056011&clickTarget=_new
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 05 February 2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

*sigh*

I'm getting a new one now today - also flashing wildly:

Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Darren; 24 January 2008, 01:14 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X