This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
    Does anyone else get the ad banners with the roll-over feature that opens up at the most inopportune times? And can it be done away with? Thnx
    Refreshing the page will get rid of the ad,unless you accidentally "mouse-over" it..

If you can take a screen cap of this ad ,then you can post that to this thread Problems with a GateWorld Ad Provide Ad DETAILS along with the site codes and info .
    If Darren agrees it's too intrusive he can have it blocked.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thnx... Bag - it's nothing offensive ... just a local area ad... just annoying when I mistakenly roll too close to it.
      Dont want to have to close site for lack of funds... will just keep telling myself that everytime I accidently open it.
      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I'm going on my third day without email notifications and I'm wondering if anyone here also uses gmail and has found a solution?
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I havent gotten any either - but I use Hotmail. This was Greg's reply over on the List of Tweaks thread he posted before closing the thread. I just dont know how long it will take the email providers to get their part done. My junk/spam mail usually goes to the junk folder and I decide from there. Have not seen a thing there either.

The people with email issues will just have to wait for the server to "break in" to whitelists as since we changed the IP address our email comes out from during the server move, mail providers such as AOL/Hotmail/gmail/Yahoo etc all take a while to recognise the mail coming from the new address as either not being as spam or junk.
          sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

yeah, I keep checking, but no dice. I hope gmail gets on it quick and I start getting notifications again
            sigpic

Comment

I use yahoo mail for the GW notifications and haven't gotten anything either. And I've never had a delay like this even when others were in the past.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

for the time being, if you guys see any things that need to be reported to the mods, please pm 2-3 of us and we'll get to it as fast as we can.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

for some reason it wont let you post if you have another gateworld tab open at the same time. i dont think this has happened before. quite frustrating when you type multiple paragraphs and it goes down the drain because you forget to close the other tab
                  R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                    for some reason it wont let you post if you have another gateworld tab open at the same time. i dont think this has happened before. quite frustrating when you type multiple paragraphs and it goes down the drain because you forget to close the other tab
                    Strangely enough I have no problems with this, I think (if we are understanding each other). I'm not able to reproduce that problem... Posting works fine with me and I have just posted in another tab that is still open, and firefox has about 30 tabs open, 20ish GateWorld tabs included.

ETA/
                    It's always a good idea, if you type up multiple paragraphs to copy it before hitting the "post" button, or writing it up in notepad, or word, or another text editor. And with firefox you could always try hitting "backspace" to go to the previous page, to see if it remember what you typed into the box. Sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

yeah i was going to copy it after writing it the second time but i reflexively hit submit and instantly facepalmed...then i remembered the next time
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Hiya, I was wondering what this is...
                        Spoiler:
                        (other than a broken image)

...and what it's supposed to be. And, am I the only one with this wee problem?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                        S I have just posted in another tab that is still open, and firefox has about 30 tabs open, 20ish GateWorld tabs included.
                        My lord but that is a lot of GW tabs! Google Chrome allows for multiple tabs too. And having multiple tabs is a lifesaver...and a timesaver.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm not seeing it RiG. Don't know what it is. Can't you hover over it and see what it says? I don't think it's important as long as you don't get any other problems.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                            ...and what it's supposed to be. And, am I the only one with this wee problem?....
                            hmmm, I couldn't make that appear either. However, even broken images have information attached to them. Next time it shows up, right click and check out the properties?
                            sigpic

Comment

Ehm, nevermind. I figured it out...it's a 'post icon', only I had no post icon selected thus the broken image thingie. God I feel sooooooo stupid!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                Ehm, nevermind. I figured it out...it's a 'post icon', only I had no post icon selected thus the broken image thingie. God I feel sooooooo stupid!
                                snorks, no feeling stupid!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X