Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the name of a thread you have started?
    *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
    Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52 View Post
      How do you change the name of a thread you have started?
      after you create a thread you have about 5 minutes to edit the title but after some time only the mods can change thread titles
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

In this case, click on the little red and white triangle in the top right hand corner of your post (the first post of the thread). It will come up with a box where you can type your message to the mods, then click send and your request will be whisked directly to the inbox of every mod on GW. This means that the minute they check their emails, they will know, instead of you having to wait hours til they get around to checking the "ask the mods" thread.

Otherwise, send them a PM.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

*waves* quick question, when I click on my controls it shows several green blocks, but not when I post? Is there usually a time lag? Or is my oc playing sillly beggars?

Comment

you mean the green blocks under your post count?

it's two different things

rep points are a red or green block (or they can also be grey if given by someone who's a newbie)

the blocks under your post count accumulate as you gain rep points.

you have the first one when you join, then another for every 100 points, then once you get 500 rep points, you get one green glowing box for every 200 beyond that

i think at 1500 rep points you max out on green boxes, the saying just changes.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              you mean the green blocks under your post count?

it's two different things

rep points are a red or green block (or they can also be grey if given by someone who's a newbie)

the blocks under your post count accumulate as you gain rep points.

you have the first one when you join, then another for every 100 points, then once you get 500 rep points, you get one green glowing box for every 200 beyond that

i think at 1500 rep points you max out on green boxes, the saying just changes.
              Why don't we tell the truth? Rep points have become meaningless and the system abused. It's a popularity contest, and nothing more. I used to green rep for great posts, but soon I saw people who have been here only weeks with high rep points and realized that I was being a fool.

My opinion, which will probably be ignored, is do away with rep points. They have become a joke. Friends rep friends........people green to get greened. As the Franchise dies, so does everything associated with it. Sorry, I know you don't wan't to hear this, but an era is finished, it's time to move on.

Nothing ever remains the same, change is inevitable. Unfortunately, change is occurring now, so either adapt, or become extinct. But hey, that's just my opinion, and I know nothing.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                Why don't we tell the truth? Rep points have become meaningless and the system abused.
                One of my biggest irks is to red someone for a truly awful post, and then have them red you back for nothing - a retaliation red. How petty is that? Their inabilty to accept criticism is ridiculous.
                sigpic

Comment

IMO the only postive thing about the rep system is the comments .,..the colors don't matter

Comment

Why don't we tell the truth? Rep points have become meaningless and the system abused.
                    Rep points have always been meaningless. They're only there to be a bit of fun for people.
                    The comments written with the rep have more worth, IMHO.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Rep points have always been meaningless. They're only there to be a bit of fun for people.
                      I agree; the comments are much more fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

I agree too. I like to know what part of any post that I've made they have liked/disliked.

Comment

Why don't we tell the truth? Rep points have become meaningless and the system abused. It's a popularity contest, and nothing more. I used to green rep for great posts, but soon I saw people who have been here only weeks with high rep points and realized that I was being a fool.

My opinion, which will probably be ignored, is do away with rep points. They have become a joke. Friends rep friends........people green to get greened. As the Franchise dies, so does everything associated with it. Sorry, I know you don't wan't to hear this, but an era is finished, it's time to move on.

Nothing ever remains the same, change is inevitable. Unfortunately, change is occurring now, so either adapt, or become extinct. But hey, that's just my opinion, and I know nothing.
                          Yes, rep "points" are meaningless. Handing out random green to people just for the heck of it, is a nice gesture and what some people engage in, but I much prefer a comment stating why someone gave me green. Is it because they thought what I said was funny, was it insightful, did it help them see things in a different light, are they glad to see me because I or they haven't been around in a while.

I've been here since the beginning, and no I don't have as many rep points as some people, but the ones I do have mean something, and to me that's what matters.
                          sigpic

Comment

No no, don't you see? The secret of the rep points, and the reason why they're so important is

Comment

If you think the rep system is finished, turn yours off and stop giving. No one will mind, no one will criticise you for it.

But many of us are still having fun with it. I get as much rep from people whose names I don't recognise as from those I do. I'm forever being surprised by a "you cannot give to __ again cos you did them so recently, spread it around and get back to them" [I paraphrase] messages; I think 'eh? what? I repped them? when? what for?' cos I don't keep track of who I rep much - usually I rep the Post, not the poster. I reckon most people are the same - although if they want to rep a friend once in a while just for being a friend, no worries.

I love the little comments. And I love being able to send a little compliment someone's way without cluttering & offtopicising the thread, and without going to all the kerfuffle of a PM. Besides, PMs make some people feel obliged to reply; I like being able to give a compliment that no one but the recipient ever sees and that the recipient can just accept and enjoy without feeling beholden (actually, I preferred it when it was anonymous so that they COULDN'T feel beholden to me, and I NEVER green to get greened, and I don't think most other people do either, but even if they do it's not a great big deal )

If you think it's time to move on, move on without telling the rest of us to. If we're having harmless and wholesome fun, who's to tell us to stop?
                              Last edited by Madeleine; 15 December 2006, 10:48 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Totally agree, Madelaine. And had to smile at this:

I'm forever being surprised by a "you cannot give to __ again cos you did them so recently, spread it around and get back to them" [I paraphrase] messages; I think 'eh? what? I repped them? when? what for?' cos I don't keep track of who I rep much - usually I rep the Post, not the poster.
                                LOL. Yes, there's a familiar thought. I find that the most irksome thing about the repping system, actually. Why do I have to wait before repping someone again? I assume this is to stop people bombarding people they have a grudge against with negative points. But it's dashed irksome when you're using the system properly and just want to reward someone who's made a number of excellent points in various posts.

Albion
                                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X