This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Wow, didn't know multiquote works across threads... really cool to know!

I have a question... the way the reputation thing is set up now, is there still a way to get/give neutral (i.e. gray) rep points? When I click on the little scale, there's an option for "approve" and "disapprove" which I thought was only green and red. I noticed someone had just given me a gray rep point and I'm just wondering how they were able to do it.
    there either don't have 50 posts yet or there have a red rep block which doesnt give out green only grey.

Comment

Thanks Adria!

Comment

Thanks Adria!

Comment

Okay just thought of another, related question. If a person who gives me rep and it's gray because they don't have 50 posts yet, will it turn red (or whatever they intended it to be) after they reach 50 posts?

I know it's a pretty dumb question but was wondering if it was retroactive in any way (and hoping not 'cause I'm thinking the person may have intended it as red).

Comment

Okay just thought of another, related question. If a person who gives me rep and it's gray because they don't have 50 posts yet, will it turn red (or whatever they intended it to be) after they reach 50 posts?

I know it's a pretty dumb question but was wondering if it was retroactive in any way (and hoping not 'cause I'm thinking the person may have intended it as red).
            Nope, it stays gray and your points don't go up or down.

(Hooray! I finally knew an answer in here!)

Comment

Great to know, thanks!

Comment

I'm thinking the person may have intended it as red).
                pm me the name and i'll go Orici on there butt

Comment

I just made a post then realized I didn't use spoiler tags. I didn't see the exclamation point icon there when I went to make the edit. Is there a way to add the spoiler box on a post edit?
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I just made a post then realized I didn't use spoiler tags. I didn't see the exclamation point icon there when I went to make the edit. Is there a way to add the spoiler box on a post edit?
                    When you edit, just write [*spoilers] the part you want under the tags [*/spoilers] (without the * )
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      Yep - just click edit and either type:

[spoiler]Your text here[/spoiler]

Or, click edit, click 'Go ADvanced', highlight the relevant bit and click on the exclamation mark.
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Any tips on how to keep my file size in KB down while making banners and avatars? Messing around with new software (Paint Shop Pro from Dell, came bundled with my PC) and caps from Stargatecaps.com but my files are still 5 times the size they need to be.
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                          Any tips on how to keep my file size in KB down while making banners and avatars? Messing around with new software (Paint Shop Pro from Dell, came bundled with my PC) and caps from Stargatecaps.com but my files are still 5 times the size they need to be.
                          I haven't used Paint Shop. (is that like Paint for MS?) If it is, then go to IMAGES in the menu then to ATTRIBUTES and it will give you a choice of size and you can see the Pixels. Not sure if you can do anything else to lower the size in Paint other then making the image smaller.

Personally I would dl something like GIMP or even IrFanView which makes it so easy to manipulate KBs on the final banner/sig. Any software for photo editing should be able to give you an option for the amount of KBs in your banner/sig.

Also save the image as a jpeg they tend to be lower in KBs to start with.

Comment

Thanks, Willow'sCat, will try those suggestions.

EDIT: It worked! First example below. A poor thing but mine own. Quality is pants but will try to do better next time.
                            Last edited by Commander Ivanova; 03 February 2007, 02:09 AM.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

OK...I know I am now going to sound like a complete no brain...but..why when I attach a picture to my post does it come in as a thumbnail all the time? *hids head and waits for the flak to fall*..yes..I am a newbie and I couldn't find the answer when I looked ....sorry!
                              sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

That's what the attachment thingy does.
                                To get a full image in your post you need to use [img*]picture url here[/img*] - without the *

So this [img*]http://www.randomshadows.net/caps/descent/descent185.jpg[/img*]
                                becomes this

The only thing about this method is that you need somewhere to host your pics. Either your own webspace (like with mine) or somewhere like Photobucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X