This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdrianneP
    I think it also depends on how much Rep you yourself have.
    Like if you have a low rep count you can Green a lot ... If you have a high rep count you can only Green a little bit. I think that's because when you have a high rep count you give a lot of Green in one shot.

Adrianne
    No I don't think so, I think after 50 or so posts when your green becomes well green you can give 10 or so green, unless it changes when you have loads of radio active green.

I just thought the amount of points your green is worth changed not the amount you could give in a 24 hour period.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      I just thought the amount of points your green is worth changed not the amount you could give in a 24 hour period.
      That's always been my take on it, am I wrong?

Comment

I swear you're wrong. I read about this in the Rep, Everything & The Universe (OffTopic Section) in the beginning part where it actually related to Rep Points ... When you get into the radioactive green the amount of Rep you can hand out in a day goes down ... I swear I read that!

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
          That's always been my take on it, am I wrong?
          According to the information I've seen, both change. You give more points per repping, but you rep less often, and must spread it around more. I suppose it's all a balancing system.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
            I swear you're wrong. I read about this in the Rep, Everything & The Universe (OffTopic Section) in the beginning part where it actually related to Rep Points ... When you get into the radioactive green the amount of Rep you can hand out in a day goes down ... I swear I read that!

Adrianne
            Mmm...odd. I'm not saying that your wrong, I'm just confused. I suppose I should have a looksee and see what's what.

*edit*

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            According to the information I've seen, both change. You give more points per repping, but you rep less often, and must spread it around more. I suppose it's all a balancing system.
            Y'know, maybe you're right because I really am having to spread it around more often nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
              Y'know, maybe you're right because I really am having to spread it around more often nowadays.
              Haha! That sounds so wrong.

Well there you go, I never knew that and now I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                Haha! That sounds so wrong.
                PMSL! Gah, usually I spot these things before posting...this one fell thru the net.

Comment

Second time I'm asking about smilies. And the question this time is........when editing a post and you want to add a smilie, where are they hiding?

Comment

if you want a answer quicly and someone that will understand what you are asking you should ask the mods
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      Second time I'm asking about smilies. And the question this time is........when editing a post and you want to add a smilie, where are they hiding?
                      I've found that Quick Reply and Edit Post don't contained smilie options. I have to click the Go Advanced button if I want smilies. They're on the right hand side and if you want more, click More at the bottom and a new window will pop up. If the new window doesn't appear it's probably due to any pop-up blocking software you may have. I've never had that problem but I know some people have.

Comment

Under 'Thread Tools' there's an entry to 'email this page'. That doesn't work for me. I get a msg about insufficient privileges. Just checking: Is it supposed to be that way?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          Under 'Thread Tools' there's an entry to 'email this page'. That doesn't work for me. I get a msg about insufficient privileges. Just checking: Is it supposed to be that way?
                          I get the same, DEM, so I'm assuming it's a feature that has been disabled or that only moderators have access to
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by bella
                            I've found that Quick Reply and Edit Post don't contained smilie options. I have to click the Go Advanced button if I want smilies. They're on the right hand side and if you want more, click More at the bottom and a new window will pop up. If the new window doesn't appear it's probably due to any pop-up blocking software you may have. I've never had that problem but I know some people have.
                            A good idea would be to keep a list of your favourite or commonly used smilies in a text document, so all you'd have to do is copy and paste the code into the editor. I find it handy to write my replies in Notepad first so I can check for any mistakes. It also serves as a backup, 'cos there's nothing worse than losing a reply (especially if it's long) by accidentally clicking on a link off the editor page (I've done that a few times).
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Same here. I rewrote the same message 3 times yesterday because I kept losing it. The most obivous smilies are: (remove spaces)
                              : ) =
                              ; ) =
                              : ( =
                              ; P =

Comment

Not to mention my favourites....

: D =
                                : love : =
                                : sam : =
                                : mad : =
                                : rolleyes : =

You just learn the codes of your favourites over time.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X