This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk
    Who do I talk with about getting my smilies to work?

Up until Sunday, I could click on the "more" and choose. Now I if I click on "more" it doesn't go anywhere.
    Have not made any changes to my computer, at least not that I am aware of.

The disable smiles in text is left unchecked.

I've tried several times and over the course of two different days.

Any advice anyone?
    Pop-up blocker turned on? Your pop-up blocker might be preventing the window that the "More" button links to from coming up. In other words, it thinks the "More smilies" window is a pop-up, there fore it won't open the window. i had to set up my Pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from Gateworld in order to get the "More smilies" window to open.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      Pop-up blocker turned on? Your pop-up blocker might be preventing the window that the "More" button links to from coming up. In other words, it thinks the "More smilies" window is a pop-up, there fore it won't open the window. i had to set up my Pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from Gateworld in order to get the "More smilies" window to open.
      That doesn't stop mine maybe Firefox? I use IE and it is fine about that box and others.

Comment

Thanks you guys.

When I get back from my business trip I will check on the pop up issue. I am not the maintence person on my home computer.

If that doesn't work I will check with Darren/Greg though the new forum server. Might send them an e-mail tonight anyway.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

after a users hits 2000 posts does the option for custom avatar become avaible immedilty or do you have to wait a few days

and does anyone know a good spellcheck extension for firefox
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
            after a users hits 2000 posts does the option for custom avatar become avaible immedilty or do you have to wait a few days

and does anyone know a good spellcheck extension for firefox
            Darren changed the post numbers awhile ago, so i think it's more than 2,000 now. What that number is now, i don't know. But when you do hit the number, i think the change is either instantaneous, or it happens the next day. I'm leaning on instantaneous, because i remember being on gateworld posting when i watched my post count go from 1,999 to 2,000 and the new stuff was readily available. Don't take my word for it, though.

Comment

HI!

I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to figure out all of the kinks. Hopefully I started this thread in the right place.

Anyways, I'm wanting to use a nice signature for my posts, but the FAQ says it can't use HTML. Is there anyway I can get some help in making a signature. I would like one of Mckay and Beckett since they are my favorite guys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

It's likely to be 2000 posts, but it could be 2001

Comment

LOL give or take 1

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                    LOL give or take 1
                    Thats bound to be the marjin....

Comment

eh, I think somethings up with the title of this episode. Okay, who's responsible for this, mmm?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Koshi700
                        HI!

I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to figure out all of the kinks. Hopefully I started this thread in the right place.

Anyways, I'm wanting to use a nice signature for my posts, but the FAQ says it can't use HTML. Is there anyway I can get some help in making a signature. I would like one of Mckay and Beckett since they are my favorite guys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        vBullentin kind has it's own HTML sort of kind of. Instead of '<' you use '[' ... This is covered in the FAQ I think. If you want to post pictures, which it sounds like you want to do, you need to get an internet server(?) to store the images on, like Photobucket. The 'toolbar' above your text window -- this thing I'm typing in and you'd be typing in if you replied and/or where you'd be typing the code for your sig -- is a great help.

Adrianne
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          eh, I think somethings up with the title of this episode. Okay, who's responsible for this, mmm?
                          Me thinks you're in the wrong thread

Adrianne
                          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Did this thread get merged or something? It's been renamed to something a little less informative, not to mention clicked the View Unread Posts button started me further back in the thread than it should.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                              Did this thread get merged or something? It's been renamed to something a little less informative, not to mention clicked the View Unread Posts button started me further back in the thread than it should.
                              proabaly i also think there unsticky it tooo

Comment

Yep, there has been a thread merge. The person just below Technowraith's post must've created a thread in the wrong forum. The title change sometimes happens when threads are merged.
                                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                                X