Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I should have probably looked at the previous posts for this answer but I'm too dang lazy today so here's my dilema:
    I am trying to upload a profile picture which I have reduced in size (100 x 78 pixels) but keep getting this error:Remote file uploads have been disabled.
    I don't know how to check to see how many KB's the pic is but it's below the dimensions specified which of course is 100 X 100 or smaller. I'm using Photoshop elements which is fairly new to me and also photobuket to shrink this pic down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance:")

Poz

Comment

^ I've just tried and it worked fine...must be the file size. Is the file a jpeg?

Comment

I was going to try it, but didn't in case file uploads were disabled.

edit: Egeria is right, either the filesize is too big or it's in the wrong format.. Hmm, the format is not specified, but Jpg is always the best filetype for pics
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
          I don't know how to check to see how many KB's the pic is but it's below the dimensions specified which of course is 100 X 100 or smaller. I'm using Photoshop elements which is fairly new to me and also photobuket to shrink this pic down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
          Thanks in advance:")

Poz
          I LOVE Photoshop Elements. It's the same program I'm using.
          You probably want to shrink the size using Photoshop Elements. For me it's under "Image"/"Resize"/"Image Size" and when you save, "Save for Web" and you can see what the KB is and how long it'll take for 28.8 modem to download your image. I find .jpg's to create a smaller file size and a better quality image. .gif is nice if, as you continue to learn Photoshop Elements, you want an image that has no background color.

What is this for?

Adrianne
          If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
          It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
            I LOVE Photoshop Elements. It's the same program I'm using.
            You probably want to shrink the size using Photoshop Elements. For me it's under "Image"/"Resize"/"Image Size" and when you save, "Save for Web" and you can see what the KB is and how long it'll take for 28.8 modem to download your image. I find .jpg's to create a smaller file size and a better quality image. .gif is nice if, as you continue to learn Photoshop Elements, you want an image that has no background color.

What is this for?

Adrianne
            Thanks, I got it! I'm new to elements and haven't had much time to play. I do wonder if it's broke. When I listen to the audio help, I follow along step by step but when it comes to adding parts of one pic to another, it won't work for me. I mean it says to click the two photos you wnat to work with and it shows them both coming up but when I try, only one photo pops up. Otherwords, I can't get two photo's highlighted to work with at the same time. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
              Thanks, I got it! I'm new to elements and haven't had much time to play. I do wonder if it's broke. When I listen to the audio help, I follow along step by step but when it comes to adding parts of one pic to another, it won't work for me. I mean it says to click the two photos you wnat to work with and it shows them both coming up but when I try, only one photo pops up. Otherwords, I can't get two photo's highlighted to work with at the same time. What am I doing wrong?
              You want to merge two images into one? You mean like that?
              Like you want to take a picture of, let's say, Jack and stand him next to, let's say, Sam? (Or any other combination, for that matter.)

You can't work with within two windows at the same time -- an open image is a 'window'. The best way to learn is to start small. Open two images, let's say Sam and Jack standing in a 'kick ass pose', then open a new window (File, New) and make that twice as big as one of your images with the background being white or black, depending (you can resize it when you're finished with this 'photo merge', this will be easier than using the 'transform' option to resize the layers you'll be creating, since you're new to Photoshop Elements )

Okay, zoom out of the new window you just created until you have a gray border around the white workspace -- at least that's what I do because then I know where my workspace is and when I'm out of it and not just outside the boundaries of my window. Now click on the window of either Sam or Jack, select all (Apple/Command-A on a Mac), and click on the 'drag tool' (it looks like an arrow and it's next to the selection tool (otherwise known as 'marching ants') in my Photoshop Elements). Click and drag your selection into your new window, then let go. Now Sam or Jack should be in the new window. Position them and then do the same, select and drag, to the other image and now you have successfully merged two images into one. (The background is one layer -- can't move it. Sam & Jack are two separate layers that move freely of each other.) So you can pose Sam and Jack to stand back to back or side by side and look kick ass together Congrats!

Uh ... Let me know if that's what you've been doing and it still doesn't work

I love Photoshop Elements!

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

I have a problem ... Since a few days, the GW forum doesn't remember my nickname and password anmore. I have to log in every time I go on this page and since I mostly check several times a day, it gets really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                  I have a problem ... Since a few days, the GW forum doesn't remember my nickname and password anmore. I have to log in every time I go on this page and since I mostly check several times a day, it gets really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?
                  There's a box to check called "Remember Me" ... Have you clicked it?
                  Then it, typically, remembers you ...

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Yes, the "remember me" box, very important to be remembered by GW

Comment

There's a box to check called "Remember Me" ... Have you clicked it?
                      Then it, typically, remembers you ...

Adrianne
                      I know, I'm not new to the internet

It doesn't work, I check the box every time...

Comment

Just checkin'.
                        Could be the cookie problem ... For that you'd have to talk to someone who knows your internet browser better

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Just checkin'.
                          Could be the cookie problem ... For that you'd have to talk to someone who knows your internet browser better

Adrianne
                          Yeah, but that's weird... I use Firefoy, but there is no problem with the plugin Greg mentioned since I don't have it...
                          And I never had problems with it before... It just started up a few days ago.

Comment

Yeah, but that's weird... I use Firefoy, but there is no problem with the plugin Greg mentioned since I don't have it...
                            And I never had problems with it before... It just started up a few days ago.
                            Hmm, if it only started a few days ago, there could have been a change in your settings somewhere. Have you updated anything, like Firefox or your Firewall?
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Caty, I'm having the same problem. I'm assuming it's something to do with Greg's problem solving with the lurkers, but I don't know.

(As for Germany, I used to work for SFCV - Schalke, and I've met Asamoah, Pander and several other members of the German national team)
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Try deleting your cookies (write down usernames and passwords before doing this!) and clearing your browser's cache. Then try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X