Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the problem was, it seems to have sorted itself out.

But I'll keep you posted if it happens again.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Are you sure you didn't accidently click the ad? Its happened to me before
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe. But would that open multiple tabs?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

When I click an ad it opens a new tab
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Whatever the problem was, it seems to have sorted itself out.

But I'll keep you posted if it happens again.
            It got better!
            That's great news. Let us know if it happens again.
            Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Will do.
              sigpic

Comment

I am having trouble finding a post I made. Is there any way to search your previous posts?

Thanks for the help - thanks in advance.

Comment

Click on your own profile, and in the menu on the left, click Find latest posts.
                  sigpic

Comment

You may not be seeing your post if a mod hasn't approved it yet since you are on probie status
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

If someone makes a post with an embedded video link, is there a way to turn it off?

Nine times out of ten, if I'm viewing the forum on the mobile site, a video will take so long to load that there's a 50/50 chance my phone's browser will crash.
                      sigpic

Comment

turn it off? It should require that you click on it to turn it on. I don't believe I've ever seen one that starts automatically. (other than those dang ads at the top of the page!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Or if not turn it off, collapse it so it doesn't take up so much damn space.
                          sigpic

Comment

New problem - I get a notification email from the forum, I click on the link, and occasionally I'll get a 502 Bad Gateway error message.

If I refresh the tab, the page will load as normal.
                            sigpic

Comment

That error's hitting us all,I'd bet.
                              Ask the Mods: reply

Re your problem with the embedded vids,so far no option can be added into our controls to switch them off in our general settings,but if this is happening on particular threads,try asking the people posting them to just put in a link.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Fair enough, thanks Bagpuss.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X