X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petra View Post
    That was fast. Thanks.

Would you mind telling me what alternatives are there? I don't have the slightest idea how does it all work or where should I go. Also, when I tried uploading the vid to my PB account I got the message that it's impossible due to copyright laws . Won't the same happen on other sites?
    Well, I'm sorry to say that if you don't own/have the copyright of a video you're trying to upload, you technically cannot upload the video yourself. And apparently this has been a problem for this particular video before, as you got that message. No? So I don't see how we can help you with this issue without helping/aiding you violating someone else his or her rights? And the laws in a lot of countries concerning copyright and intellectual property. Unless you're sure you own the copyright to the video (and as I read it here, you don't) or it is part of the public property (or whatever the name is in English?), you may not upload the video. Sorry.

I'd be happy to help you, but I don't want to violate any laws, or the forum rules.

ETA/ My advice would be to go and ask the maker, copyright-holder or holders of/to the video if you can upload it, make it available, or if they want to make it available again.
    Last edited by Jper; 05 October 2010, 11:12 AM.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Well, I'm sorry to say that if you don't own/have the copyright of a video you're trying to upload, you technically cannot upload the video yourself. And apparently this has been a problem for this particular video before, as you got that message. No? So I don't see how we can help you with this issue without helping/aiding you violating someone else his or her rights? And the laws in a lot of countries concerning copyright and intellectual property. Unless you're sure you own the copyright to the video (and as I read it here, you don't) or it is part of the public property (or whatever the name is in English?), you may not upload the video. Sorry.

I'd be happy to help you, but I don't want to violate any laws, or the forum rules.

ETA/ My advice would be to go and ask the maker, copyright-holder or holders of/to the video if you can upload it, make it available, or if they want to make it available again.
      ^^I'll try to do that.

Thanks for your help. Of course I wouldn't want to break any laws I mean the vid was fairly popular, won a few vid contests etc. I'm myself very new to posting vids and/or pictures and I haven't got a clue about copyrights laws etc. I didn't even know I was trying to do something illegal. This is all strange and new to me. Anyway, thanks again for your help and warning.
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Hello all.

I was wondering how I can change my avatar to a custom one. There doesn't appear to be an upload option on the "Edit Avatar" page...

Thanks.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          Hello all.

I was wondering how I can change my avatar to a custom one. There doesn't appear to be an upload option on the "Edit Avatar" page...

Thanks.
          In short, you can't.

You don't meet the approx. 2000 post requirment. Note this is only an approximation. Darren is constantly changing the number but it is around 2000.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Can anyone help me with how to make my own sig?
            sigpic

Comment

Check out the threads in the Stargate Fandom folder.

Even though the name is not so fitting, this thread there is a good idea to visit.

Otherwise I'm sure other creative people will be along here, too.

It would be handy for them to better explain what you want, too. Make it yourself? Or have someone make it for you? If you have permission of the original maker (or the art is snurchable) then you could also use something you find here. For example, everything I make/post/use etc. is usually snurchable, and not a lot of people object to having their art used, certainly not if you mention their name, but some do (for everything or for particular things). It is polite and courteous to ask.

ETA/ I almost forgot, there's also a group where the more creative oriented GWers like to hang out.

Comment

Is there a minimum post/reputation count for being able to have an avatar? I've validated my email and everything but I'm still a probie, and I keep getting the "you do not have access to this page" message when I go to the Edit Avatar section.

Comment

Sure. Once you are off probie status you can a Stargate themed avatar
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Not five minutes after I posted here, I reread the 'probies' thread and there was my answer. That'll learn me, lol.

Thank you for helping me out though! Looking forward to all this.

Comment

Originally posted by nayanroo View Post
                      Not five minutes after I posted here, I reread the 'probies' thread and there was my answer. That'll learn me, lol.

Thank you for helping me out though! Looking forward to all this.
                      Aaaww lol we've all done that.

Here have some rep
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Anyone know why the site keeps going down on a Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Anyone know why the site keeps going down on a Tuesday?
                          Maybe it's their server maintenance period...
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Anyone out there know how to make more than one person an Admin on a group page?
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                              Anyone out there know how to make more than one person an Admin on a group page?
                              I don't think that's possible.

Comment

Thanks J. I'll have to ask the mods if they can make it so
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X