Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe my question is a little strange, but I'm asking myself if it's weird to reply to posts that weren't active for a while. I'm new and there are some posts I'd like to give my opinion to, but their last activity has been quite a while ago. Or is that hopeless anyway, because nobody will check them anymore?
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cil View Post
      Maybe my question is a little strange, but I'm asking myself if it's weird to reply to posts that weren't active for a while. I'm new and there are some posts I'd like to give my opinion to, but their last activity has been quite a while ago. Or is that hopeless anyway, because nobody will check them anymore?
      Thanks in advance.
      Usually they aren't active because of the level activity in general having dropped, and a lot of regular posters have moved away...

BUT we welcome new input so please, when the thread isn't closed it's still open to post in. It's quite possible you'll reanimate it and people will come back to it.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm having a continuing problem of being unable to view anything in spoiler tags on the mobile site.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Hi Gaters

I'm totally new here, I created my account a few days ago.
          When I try to access my control pannel, to edit my profil for example, the access is denied.

When I registered, I received a link in my mailbox, to click on it. That's what I did. And even if I did, the account sounds like on "standby"... Do you have a clue about what happen, please ? :/
          John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Probies can't edit their profile until they are off probie. If you can't wait you would have to ask a mod to change something. Baggie ( a mod) is usually happy to help provided what you want is in the rules. It doesn't take long to get off probie status though
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BluePrincess View Post
              Hi Gaters

I'm totally new here, I created my account a few days ago.
              When I try to access my control pannel, to edit my profil for example, the access is denied.

When I registered, I received a link in my mailbox, to click on it. That's what I did. And even if I did, the account sounds like on "standby"... Do you have a clue about what happen, please ? :/
              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Probies can't edit their profile until they are off probie. If you can't wait you would have to ask a mod to change something. Baggie ( a mod) is usually happy to help provided what you want is in the rules. It doesn't take long to get off probie status though
              See here: 'Probie' Status for New Members

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Thank you very much Britta, and I apologize if I missed this information and asked here
                I really believed I had a registration problem.
                So if I get it right, I can post and participate on the forum, and when the crew will see that I'm ok and respectful, then I'll be allowed to create my profile and start as Basic Trainee ?

Thanks again

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Thank you very much Britta, and I apologize if I missed this information and asked here
                  I really believed I had a registration problem.
                  So if I get it right, I can post and participate on the forum, and when the crew will see that I'm ok and respectful, then I'll be allowed to create my profile and start as Basic Trainee ?

Thanks again
                  Technically yes. Their is a formula based on your join date and post count that only Darren knows. Once you pass that threshold moderators no longer have approve you movements and posts. You'll be able to customize as much as you want. The exception being a custom avatar (like mine) is only granted when you reach approx. 2000 posts. You'll be have to choose one of the Stargate themed avatars. The probie system a safeguard to prevents spammers from spamming their forum. Its not a 100% but back in the old days before the probie system, it got pretty bad with some disgusting spam
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

...and when the crew will see that I'm ok and respectful, then I'll be allowed to create my profile and start as Basic Trainee ?
                    It's all about that human-factor over here.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Understood.

That's wise, according to the number of members here and the size of the group... Thank you Jelgate and Falcon Horus, I'm very happy to be here

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Understood.

That's wise, according to the number of members here and the size of the group... Thank you Jelgate and Falcon Horus, I'm very happy to be here
                        Welcome aboard!

Remember to keep your hands inside the ride at all times.
                        Total syffy posts: 36,690
                        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Oh dear, no more severed limbs for PH, she will not be pleased
                          sigpic

Comment

Too funny LOL
                            Thank you again very much

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

New problem.

I type a post, hit the Post Quick Reply button, and a new browser tab opens up for an advertising site.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                New problem.

I type a post, hit the Post Quick Reply button, and a new browser tab opens up for an advertising site.
                                You probably tried this already, but run a virus check first. Also, pass your mouse cursor over the Post Quick Reply Button, but don't click it, and see what URL appears. It should say 'Gateworld' in it. Do any of the other buttons behave that way?
                                Last edited by pscard; 19 October 2015, 03:25 PM.
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X