X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Did you try a system restore?
    No, but I did manage to uninstall it and run several virus scans. All is well.

I did some digging on one of the files. It's from Mozilla!
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Looks like a whole heap of nasties installed on your comp!

Check your browser's settings and add-ons/plug-ins/java etc first,if you haven't already done that.

Others rec Avast and other progs like Kaspersky.Darren/Greg/GW rec Members to try out Malwarebytes.org's free programme: www.malwarebytes.org

If you choose MWB ,you'll probably have to temporarily uninstall your usual security - then upload MWB,run the full scan,take out MWB and reinstall your security,but it's worth it,because it'll catch whatever's still in your files.
      Good luck!

Have it. Ran it.

Thank you!
      (Chosen One)

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.

Have a nice weekend!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I swear by a combo of Avast and Malwarebytes.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been having an intermittent problem with the forum, in that sometimes the Reply box is greyed out and I'm unable to reply.

However, refreshing the page solves the problem.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I had that yesterday when I tried to post a photo but it cleared eventually.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I've been having an intermittent problem with the forum, in that sometimes the Reply box is greyed out and I'm unable to reply.

However, refreshing the page solves the problem.
                And it's been doing this again for the past couple of days.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Do you have several tabs open for more than one forum simultaneously? It's possible to get bumped on one of those tabs which could explain the grayed-out Reply button.
                  (Chosen One)

Comment

The Reply button is still there, it's the actual Reply box that's greyed out. I can't type any text, hence I have to refresh the page.

But generally speaking, I usually have three or four tabs open at once.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      The Reply button is still there, it's the actual Reply box that's greyed out. I can't type any text, hence I have to refresh the page.

But generally speaking, I usually have three or four tabs open at once.
                      Sorry. My mistake.

When it happens again, verify that you're logged in.

Have you tried the Go Advance button below the Reply box?

Also, are you running any anti- pop-up, adware, malware applications?
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

Adobe Flashplayer installation issues - "User has insufficient permissions..."

Found the solution that removed the problem I've been having.

Here's the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070046
                        (Chosen One)

Comment

Is this Gateworld all about Star Gate or are there other realities entombed in these forums. Like to think I can relate about all things science fiction and science. Hate to think myopia ha prevaied. Give us a sign oh great one. Show us the way to a new existence.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                            Is this Gateworld all about Star Gate or are there other realities entombed in these forums.
                            Check out the realm of Scifi Stream - it deals with other things than Stargate. Or if it's general television you're after.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Many thanks Falcon Horus...am I speaking with the woman or the thing on her shoulder? Very confusing that.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfax View Post
                                Many thanks Falcon Horus...am I speaking with the woman or the thing on her shoulder? Very confusing that.
                                The Lemming, a noble thing to have on one's shoulder.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X