This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Okay, long explanation, but hopefully helpful.
    I didn't really know what it meant to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", so it was very helpful, thanks

Comment

Thanks JPER I sort of understand now. I did miss the check box, that was the problem.
      sigpic

Comment

How do you upload a custom avatar? What size should it be?
        Thanks.
        sigpic

Comment

You can't have a custom avatar until you reach around 2000 posts (the exact number changes). Until then just post, have fun and enjoy all the topic the forum offers.

When you do have the option to upload a custom avatar the size limits are 120x120pixels and 19.5Kb
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            You can't have a custom avatar until you reach around 2000 posts (the exact number changes). Until then just post, have fun and enjoy all the topic the forum offers.

When you do have the option to upload a custom avatar the size limits are 120x120pixels and 19.5Kb
            Thanks, I guess I will have to do a lot of posting.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbose View Post
              Thanks, I guess I will have to do a lot of posting.
              FYI Off topic posts don't count toward number of posts.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

does anyone know how to remove an attachement??
                I can edit the post but cant get rid of the attachement

Comment

I've done it before, but I usually just hunt & peck. First, you have to edit your post or be in posting mode. Click on Advanced and it will bring up a screen showing how your post will look. Scroll down a bit on that section and you'll see a part marked "attachments". Click on Manage Attachments. From the window that pops up, scroll to Current Attachments and click Remove. Hope that points you in the right direction until someone with tech savvy can come to your rescue.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

aaaaahhhh. thats how you do it
                    thank you very much... you just saved my head *g*

Comment

Seriously? I helped someone with a technical issue? You're welcome--glad I could save your head.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hi there!
                        Could you tell me, please, how many posts/ Reputation points should I have, so Reputation votes I'd like to give other users votes begin to count?
                        I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Consult the Xtreme Guide to Gateworld

On "My Controls" scroll down to see your reputation comments. Keep scrolling - there is another listing of "Reputation Given" at the top of this box, there is "Reputation Power" that is how much "green" you can give.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nolamom,
                            thank you so much for help!

Now I see, my Rep power is 1 point already. That's a start
                            I tried to add some Reputation to others before, but it was grey and not green, that's why I was curious, when I'll be able to do it properly
                            Thanks!
                            I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

^and now you get some green

Comment

Question: I can't seem to get a userpic/avatar, does that have to do with my probie status?

Comment

Working...
                                X