Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats what and how does this all work? I have made a few Threads but i don't understand how to make it look nice. I also want to be herd and that is why i would like to learn how to use this site and post and thread on forums.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18320

this is a guide to gateworld, you may find it helpful

sigpic

Comment

This may not be the appropriate place to ask this, but I don't know where else to. Are there some technical problems happening with GW? I have had a horrible time trying to access pretty much anyplace on the forum for over a week, and it's been getting worse each day. I've noted that several other members have asked a similar question when I've actually gotten on a few threads that I frequent. Today has been the worst so far, and it took several attempts just to get to the point where I could type this post. Thanks.

Comment

sometimes it lags for me quite a lot and I got "the server is too busy - try later signes" 3 or 4 times this week - I think there is something going on, but I do not know anything offical

sigpic

Comment

Yes,there are tech glitches and intermittent lags galore going on.It's affecting a lot of members and mods alike.

About all that helps me personally is to empty the cache ,cookies and brower, refresh the hard drive by pressing Ctrl + F5 simultaneously and keep trying.

Darren's away at the moment, and only has limited access ,so as Greg's offline,all we can do is button twiddle,wait ,and in my case ,drink far more tea than I need.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I have never seen the save button in a EDIT say that. Can you show me a screencap?
              It showed up again when I was fixing a post. It's not a big deal or anything, was just wondering why it was saying vote now?

Spoiler:

Comment

Interesting. I have never seen that appear in my edit screen. Anyway this is something to do with the forum code and way beyond any of our knowledge. Its best to take this to a higher authority
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

is there a way to block the ads at the top and bottom of the screen???
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                    is there a way to block the ads at the top and bottom of the screen???
                    There is a way if you are on Firefox, but unless you are getting ads that are offensive or obtrusive it is better to leave them up. This site is funded by the ads and if everybody blocks them then the forum goes bye bye.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      It showed up again when I was fixing a post. It's not a big deal or anything, was just wondering why it was saying vote now?

I think it's all down to these weird glitches and other oddities that are making the forum a bit twitchy ATM.

I got a "You're on moderation" message yesterday, even though I'm not.

At least I don't think I am............
                      Last edited by SeaBee; 07 August 2009, 10:12 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                        There is a way if you are on Firefox, but unless you are getting ads that are offensive or obtrusive it is better to leave them up. This site is funded by the ads and if everybody blocks them then the forum goes bye bye.

ive noticed there are a handul of ads it switches between, which is fine... and normally ads dont bother me... except that the majority of the time the top and bottom of my screen has a women with a very low cut top on it and im rather over seeing it whenever im here, which is alot of the time...

great sig btw
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey, im new to the board and was wondering if it is possible to upload our own avatars for our profile when posting on the boards, instead of using the pre-set images ?

thanks
                          ----- Andy Whitto -----

PSN ID - WhittO

Comment

For you? No.

You must get roughly 2000 posts first. Custom avatars are for vetern member only meaning their is also a time limit requirment too.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Welcome to Gateworld, Andy.

As Jelgate said, you must reach 2000+ posts before you can upload your own avatar. You can find out more about the forum here -Extreme Guide to Gateworld.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, guess i will need to get posting !! haha.

Think i will just make a sig instead.
                                ----- Andy Whitto -----

PSN ID - WhittO

Comment

Working...
                                X