Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it's a JPEG, this computer can't support any thing else.(My laptop is in a workshop)
    So, it's nothing like that. And it's very rare but it did happen to me yesterday.
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Next time it happens print the screen of the message and show it here or on the Ask the Mods thread. I can't think of why your sig wouldn't upload
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
        I can't upload it some times!!!
        I know that Probies can't have a pic signature, but it's kinda strange
        Are you using Photobucket or Imageshack that's recommended by GW to host your sigs?

Comment

Talking of photobucket and imageshack, is it a rule here that all pictures should be hosted off-site? I've noticed that most if not all seem to be..

[I ask 'cause the site I've had most experience with before now has a rule against offsite images, 'cause of the admin's pathological hatred of broken links...]

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            Are you using Photobucket or Imageshack that's recommended by GW to host your sigs?
            It's photo bucket.
            And it happend again today, I was going to test if there was a problem again.
            So I don't know what's happening!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
              It's photo bucket.
              And it happend again today, I was going to test if there was a problem again.
              So I don't know what's happening!
              I sent you a pm.

Comment

I know thanks for the healp
                It works the way you say.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered long ago, but for the life of me I can't find an answer. HELP!

Why did Sha'uri in the movie get changed to Sha're for the TV show

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedog View Post
                    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered long ago, but for the life of me I can't find an answer. HELP!

Why did Sha'uri in the movie get changed to Sha're for the TV show
                    maybe to make it easier to pronounce making it more acceptable to the audience.

just my opinion
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They also changed Jack's son from Tyler to Charlie. Jack went from O'Neil to O'Neill.

Who knows. There might have been some original character issues... or they just felt like it so they did it...
                      sigpic

Comment

Their might have been legal issues too. Look how often the SGU names hace changed
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks to Pharoh Aten, jasminaGo and jelgate for their input on the Sha'uri to Sha're question.

I'm embarrassed to admit that after all the times I have seen the original movie, I never caught the change to Jack's son's name . Now I'm ashamed to call myself a true Stargate fan!

I just hate it when the PTB change things for no obvious reason ...

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedog View Post
                            I'm embarrassed to admit that after all the times I have seen the original movie, I never caught the change to Jack's son's name . Now I'm ashamed to call myself a true Stargate fan!
                            you are way to hard on yourself and more importantly your only human.

and to be comeplelty honest i didn't know Sha'uri name got changed to Sha're untili i read your post. i always assumed it was Sha're the whole time.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

the name change was probably a legal issue. IIRC, Pete Shanahan had several name changes, along with a profession change from writing to shooting the episode.

and walter harriman has been walter davis or norman davis over the years.

to use a name on a show, they have to run a search on the name. for example, for pete, he was supposed to be pete shanahan, a reporter in denver. problem is there already WAS a real pete shanahan that was a reporter, so he became a cop.

for walter they'd do a search for all the sergeants in the air force and and tried davis, then norman and finally came up with walter harriman (and originally, the name 'harriman' came from the closed captioning on an early episode mishearing 'airman' as 'harriman' so he got given that name via the closec captioning, but not in the script

there's a calendar out there that has a photo of walter in a jumpsuit with his name as 'norman' and he was known/scripted as davis, before they settled on walter harriman

everytime they come up with an officer/person in the military on the show, the legal dept needs to search through the names of all serving and retired personnel and make sure there isn't anyone that fits the character description. because if there is, theoretically that person could sue the production company for 'basing the character on me' so to avoid that,t hey try to not use existing names that match existing ranks/jobs.

they've spoken about it at cons, it can be very difficult to come up with names for characters for that very reason

as to shau'ri, i don't like Share, looks like share, like share and share alike and the name just creeps me out for daniel's wife

Shau'ri looks more alien and pretty and feminine while Shar'e looks like a name someone comes up with that has spelling issues and is taking the easy way out
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe Walter got maried...
                                Didn't he say that he has a family`?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X