This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
    Thought i would ask here before bothering a mod.
    I keep trying to give a member green but it comes up with something along the line of "trying spreading the reputation around before giving to user again".
    Thing is i havn't given them any green and verified with them that I handn't
    I've greened several people since with no problem so anyone know what the problem could be?
    you must have in the past and not noticed it

over wise i don't think this problem really came up before
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
      Thought i would ask here before bothering a mod.
      I keep trying to give a member green but it comes up with something along the line of "trying spreading the reputation around before giving to user again".
      Thing is i havn't given them any green and verified with them that I handn't
      I've greened several people since with no problem so anyone know what the problem could be?
      I don't think it has to be a green to count, since you haven't been here long it could show up as grey (what newbies reps show up as doesn't count for or against). I think that lasts till you have 100 posts or so.

Try giving random green to 10 people and then try the person again. Back when I started here, that was about what you you needed till you built up your posts and rep points. Mine's grown to about 25 now so I get that messsage alot since I don't green as I used to.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I think your greening abilities also expire after a certain amount og greens per time period, and then you have to wait in order to green people regardless of whether you greened them or not?
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Are you sure you have never green this person before?
          Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          you must have in the past and not noticed it

over wise i don't think this problem really came up before
          They said it wasn't showing that i had greened them

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          I don't think it has to be a green to count, since you haven't been here long it could show up as grey (what newbies reps show up as doesn't count for or against). I think that lasts till you have 100 posts or so.

Try giving random green to 10 people and then try the person again. Back when I started here, that was about what you you needed till you built up your posts and rep points. Mine's grown to about 25 now so I get that messsage alot since I don't green as I used to.
          nope i am able to give people green now and i tryed giving green to others before trying the member again and it worked with them

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          I think your greening abilities also expire after a certain amount og greens per time period, and then you have to wait in order to green people regardless of whether you greened them or not?
          not the case as i was able to green others
          "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

best thing is to ask greg maybe

http://forum.gateworld.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1

Comment

thanks
              "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

If I make a mistake during an episode and Pause to get a cup of tea . I'm sorry . But as I get up I look at the T.V and say HEY ! ! That's a GR8 picture . ( A fight in space or Sam turning a corner ) Can any one guide me in the Direction of these Images . . .

Thank you Kindly . . .
                CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

do you mean screencaps??? http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php

pictures from episodes???

Comment

do you mean screencaps??? http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php

pictures from episodes???
                    Thank you Sooooooo Much . I'm going to have fun here . Thank you . Enjoy your Day . Padraig .
                    CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                    Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                    Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                    Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                    Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                    Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

I was wondering if there is a way to tell which profile messages have been read. I've been having it say I've got 1 unread profile message, but no matter how often I go to my profile and look at my messages, but it won't go away. I've also responded to everyone, so I can't figure out what it could be.

It's not a problem exactly, it's more just an annoyance, lol. Every time I come to GW I get all excited that I've got messages, only to find that I don't, lol.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                        I was wondering if there is a way to tell which profile messages have been read. I've been having it say I've got 1 unread profile message, but no matter how often I go to my profile and look at my messages, but it won't go away. I've also responded to everyone, so I can't figure out what it could be.

It's not a problem exactly, it's more just an annoyance, lol. Every time I come to GW I get all excited that I've got messages, only to find that I don't, lol.
                        T'is a BUG! Try deleting your last profile message, I think it helped other people...
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hey there girls and boys! *waves*

I have a question. I'm here for a month now, and I have more than 2000 posts - as you can see. And someone told me few days ago, if I reached this number, I can have my own, costume avatar. But it looks, I'm still a newbie , so no, I can't have yet. I'm not huge fan of avis - but siggies, hmmm!!! - but I was wondering, 2 months, 3 months or how much time until I can have this costume avi option. Thanks for your help.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                            that might be better asked in the mod thread

the mods knwo the settings and how the inner workings of the forum
                            Hehe, thanks Pharaoh, but they sent me here.
                            But Thank you!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                              Hehe, thanks Pharaoh, but they sent me here. But Thank you!
                              There are two possibilities. The 1st is more likely.
                              1)The custom avatar level is around 2000. Its not exact. For some people its less then 2000 and for others its more then 2000.
                              2)I seem recall their is a time limit between registration and custom. Now most people don't fall victim to this rule but given you haven't even been here a month its within the realm of possibility.I would constantly check your avatar page.
                              The custom will be at the very bottom
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

it is a combo of

length of membership
                                number of posts made
                                reputation points received

and mcgadget is a wee bit short in one department. Obviously, i won't give you the exact numbers, but the 'length of membership' option was added about a year ago when we had a rash of people 'spamming' their way to a custom av.

the custom av's are - as you said - meant to be a reward for longer memberships, not something a dedicated newbie can earn in a week or two.

Good things come to those that wait, and you'll just need to be patient is all.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X