This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bebop View Post
    OK...I know I am now going to sound like a complete no brain...but..why when I attach a picture to my post does it come in as a thumbnail all the time? *hids head and waits for the flak to fall*..yes..I am a newbie and I couldn't find the answer when I looked ....sorry!
    I think if you click the thumbnail, the pic shows up at its original size.

Originally posted by smurf View Post
    That's what the attachment thingy does.
    To get a full image in your post you need to use [img*]picture url here[/img*] - without the *

The only thing about this method is that you need somewhere to host your pics. Either your own webspace (like with mine) or somewhere like Photobucket.
    Image hosting sites seem to be a popular method for posting pics. Photobucket is what I use and I've never had any issues with it.

Just remember that the larger the file size of the pic, the more impact it has on posters with slower connections.

Comment

Yep, photobucket is very good. I use it as a second host to carry my larger pics and video clips, so I don't risk killing my website bandwidth.

Also, with photobucket they can provide you with a link with the img tags included so all you have to do is cut and paste straight into your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
        Any tips on how to keep my file size in KB down while making banners and avatars? Messing around with new software (Paint Shop Pro from Dell, came bundled with my PC) and caps from Stargatecaps.com but my files are still 5 times the size they need to be.
        Aarghh! I thought it had worked but the mods snipped my sig because it was hugely over the limit. Back to the drawing board.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I know this has not really anything to do with this topic, but its really making me mad. I want to know which episode and which season it was, in which Jack O'Neill got invisible.
          Please help me!!
          sigpic

Comment

episode 200 season 10
            or it could be shades of grey you are thinking of season3
            sigpic

Comment

That never happened; it was a gag made for the 200th episode.

Comment

Could anybody tell me which forums actually affect post count? Not that I'm overly worried about it, but it seems to be stuck at 90-something for a very long time... I post a lot in the BSG forum as well as the "silly" game forums, not so much in the SG forums because I don't have access to either show currently and thus don't have much to say on the subject...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Could anybody tell me which forums actually affect post count? Not that I'm overly worried about it, but it seems to be stuck at 90-something for a very long time... I post a lot in the BSG forum as well as the "silly" game forums, not so much in the SG forums because I don't have access to either show currently and thus don't have much to say on the subject...
                  To the best of my knowledge, the only section that doesn't count toward post count is the Off-Topic section. All the others should count.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Right, I noticed after my post that it had added a post here. Not that I'm overly concerned, you understand, just curious.

Thanks for your help!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                      That's what the attachment thingy does.
                      To get a full image in your post you need to use [img*]picture url here[/img*] - without the *

So this [img*]http://www.randomshadows.net/caps/descent/descent185.jpg[/img*]
                      becomes this

The only thing about this method is that you need somewhere to host your pics. Either your own webspace (like with mine) or somewhere like Photobucket.
                      Thank you so much...IT WORKS!!!!!!
                      sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Someone of you might know the answer to this very unimportant question.

Has the PM character limit always been 2000? Is it the same for every poster (i.e. does it depend on the post count level, like the maximum number of PMs you can have at one point does)?

I can't remember ever surpassing the character limit except for today...
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

As far as I know, it still is a maximum of 2000 characters. Just a week or two ago, I hit that limit when I tried to send a personal message. I also remember hitting that limit in a PM last year when I was at a lower user level.

There's also a 120 second delay between sending multiple PMs as well.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Now that is annoying... I always find myself counting down til I can send the next PM ...

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                              Aaaah, that explains why someone who I was PMing with yesterday needed so long for his PM (that was so long that he needed to split it into several PMs because of the character limit, and, well you can imagine the rest. I thought how long can it take to do some simple copy&paste'ing. )

I didn't know that. Thanks for answering my question and explaining even more.
                              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Those are all reasons why I don't like PMing. The delay -- I do not talk too much!!! -- and the character limit -- I do not talk too much!!!

Adrianne
                                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X