Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many posts does one need to make before being allowed to have a signature? I do not have the option to add one in my quick links drop-down and can't find any other method to add one. I am guessing it is a rank hurdle, but correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
      How many posts does one need to make before being allowed to have a signature? I do not have the option to add one in my quick links drop-down and can't find any other method to add one. I am guessing it is a rank hurdle, but correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
      When you have been taken off probie status you should be allowed to create a signature
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        What do you mean photoshopped sigs? Most are. Nah, there's just a ban on putting someone's head on someone else's body to misrepresent characters. I.e. you can show Jack and Sam kissing in a sig because that happened on the show, but you can't take the picture and replace Sam's head with Elizabeth Weir's because those two never did kiss on any of the shows. I think...
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        kinda

you can re-use any and all sam and jack kissing picture THAT REALLY EXISTED. You just can't make your own by maniping, say a sam and pete or sam and kerry kiss to replace one or the other

Make sense?

You can use any pics that really happened, just can't make your own reality by swapping body parts around
        I'm a little confused about this.
        Are no manips allowed in signatures at all? i'm thinking specifically about non-shippy ones that don't involve putting one character's head on another character's body. (Like if I made one with the TARDIS coming through the Atlantis Gate or Daniel Jackson in the temple on LOST island.)

I'm also curious about why the kinds of manips mentioned are banned. (I can see that if the picture would be offensive or too risque. Otherwise, it seems to me it makes things a little more difficult if you ship a non-canon pairing or like to crossover fandoms.)
        Just my thoughts on the subject. (I'm not trying to argue with the rule or anything. I'd just appreciate a clarification on the points I mentioned.)
        Last edited by xgirl30; 05 July 2010, 09:42 PM.
        sigpic
        The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
        My art and writing site

Comment

for example, santa hats on the characters, them holding presents, stuff like that is harmless. I see no issue with your tardis photo.

The main reason for the 'no body swapping' rule is that we had a lot of very risque manips, for example 'naked' sam and jack in a hot tub....sam and jack were never in a hot tub, much less naked, so stuff like that is not appropriate.

As long as it's in good taste, i'm not seeing an issue with putting whole bodies in different places...the biggest thing we've had an issue with is the body swapping and it putting the characters - and actors - in compromising positions, because people weren't just using clear screen caps, they were using photos of the actors 'off the clock' and putting htem in compromising positions and settings...imagine, for example, if you were amanda tapping's husband and you see a manip of your wife's head on a nude torso or in bed in the posture of having sex with one of her co-stars. That's the stuff we don't want here.

stuff that would be embarrassing to the actors
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.
            I totally agree that that type of manip should not be allowed. (And that it could potentially be embarrassing or offensive.) That does seem like it's crossing a line somewhere. (And it's not very respectful of the actors.)
            I've seen a few pics like that on LJ. I didn't realize they were being used here too. (Naive that I am, I thought just screencaps were being used.)
            sigpic
            The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
            My art and writing site

Comment

Thanks for these clarifications. I am new here and need it.

Comment

Have the rules changed? I have been noticing some massive sig pics that are clearly beyond the height and width requirements.

EDIT: Never mind.
                Last edited by sgc; 04 January 2011, 08:14 PM. Reason: invalidated post

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                  Have the rules changed? I have been noticing some massive sig pics that are clearly beyond the height and width requirements.
                  then report them.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    then report them.
                    I think I figured out what the issue was: my big screen monitor has a lower ppi than my tablet screen, so everything looks way bigger. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I think I figured out what the issue was: my big screen monitor has a lower ppi than my tablet screen, so everything looks way bigger. Sorry for the confusion.
                      right click on them if there bigger then 700X200 50KB then their against the rules,.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        right click on them if there bigger then 700X200 50KB then their against the rules,.
                        That's what I did for some of the bigger ones after I made the first post. None of them were beyond the limit. BTW isn't it 53.6 KB or something like that?

Comment

That's what I did for some of the bigger ones after I made the first post. None of them were beyond the limit. BTW isn't it 53.6 KB or something like that?
                          No. The 1st post in this thread says 50 KB limit.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

sgc means this

\

Comment

That 53.7 KB message is part of vBB's auto-blurb .Darren set the limit as 50KB...so 50 it is .

( Plus the other sig rules in post 1)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                That 53.7 KB message is part of vBB's auto-blurb .Darren set the limit as 50KB...so 50 it is .

( Plus the other sig rules in post 1)
                                Oh, okay. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X