• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    this is the reason for the cut off

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6#post10377726

and then darren's post

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=599

hope that helps
    Thanks...That's kind of silly, but whatever...I'm not a mod (and have no desire to be, cause I'm a college student with far too many responsibilities already and no time to deal crazies and potential crazies like me, lol), so I'll deal...It might be helpful if they mentioned that in the edit sig page to prevent more questions from other clueless souls like me...

Do you know if things that don't technically show up will still get 'seen'? Like with the dragons, they get views whenever a page loads that they're on, but do you know if they'd still get those views, since they're technically there but don't get seen?
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      but do you know if they'd still get those views, since they're technically there but don't get seen?
      in my personal experience that's how it is now. the images are still there but they are below the viewing range of the user of the forum. you would have to stop using sigs all together or make sigs that are less then 200 height wise for the dragons or text to show up.

this settling doesn't allow for any wiggle room at all.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        in my personal experience that's how it is now. the images are still there but they are below the viewing range of the user of the forum. you would have to stop using sigs all together or make sigs that are less then 200 height wise
        Thanks, that's good to know Me posting is sometimes the only way those poor dragons get views, lol. Although, almost all of my images are shorter than 180. Once the rules were clarified more, I started making them smaller to avoid breaking the rules.
        sigpic

Comment

the little viewing 'hack' that we have we had to implement because, despite being very clea about our 200 pixel limit, people kept piling on more and more and more pictures and graphics and such into their sigs.

the 200 pixel hack is an absolute.

if you or anyone wants to make a 300 pixel tall sig, go for it. but folks will only see 200 of it

we tried to use the spoiler tags and let people have fun, but too many were abusing it, so we had to implement the hack.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            the little viewing 'hack' that we have we had to implement because, despite being very clea about our 200 pixel limit, people kept piling on more and more and more pictures and graphics and such into their sigs.

the 200 pixel hack is an absolute.

if you or anyone wants to make a 300 pixel tall sig, go for it. but folks will only see 200 of it

we tried to use the spoiler tags and let people have fun, but too many were abusing it, so we had to implement the hack.
            No, I get it hon. I just hadn't realized it had changed. And like I said, I've never made the actual pics for my sig bigger than 200 tall, and once I realized that was the height for the whole sig I started making them even shorter. And I understand why, since the spoiler use was being abused by some. I wasn't trying to sound mean or rude. If I upset any of you mods it truly wasn't my intent.
            sigpic

Comment

i'm not mad

sorry if i came across that way

sigpic

Comment

Since I'm not 100% sure how I would check if my sig is too large, please let me know if it is. Thanks!
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

well, the graphic is almost 300K, so yeah, just a bit too large.

you can check file sizes by right clicking on them and checking the properties

sigpic

Comment

test: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7486/sguq.gif guess i have to wait till im off probie status to use sigs (incentive accepted )
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 December 2009, 09:29 AM. Reason: Edited.Click url to view.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Max. View Post
                      test: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7486/sguq.gif guess i have to wait till im off probie status to use sigs (incentive accepted )
                      Actually that picture you post is 299.3 KB, while the maximum limit for a sig picture is 50kb. Also, the maximum limit to post a picture in a thread, like this, I've been told by Tame is 100kb, so even what you just did, posting that picture probably isn't allowed. And indeed you will be able to have a signature once you're off Probie-status.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

i just noticed the size, (spent ages making that lol) id delete/edit it out if i could sorry.. my bad.

Comment

It's ok,Max.I changed the tags for you.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Max. View Post
                            i just noticed the size, (spent ages making that lol) id delete/edit it out if i could sorry.. my bad.
                            No problem.

Yeah, and it's cool, it looks nice, but just downsize it in quality and size a bit and you'll get an awesome sig.
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

So... my sig is 25 (ish) kb too large. But I do not know how to fix this. Any help??
                              Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                              ---
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                                So... my sig is 25 (ish) kb too large. But I do not know how to fix this. Any help??
                                use the built in sig uploader. it will automatically fix it
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X