This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    Dude, don't be like me, b***h**g on how you want to become a mod.
    lol...read the second part of what droops said a bit more carefully
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Congratulations everyone!!! There should definitely be some kind of initiation.

*grabs an oompa loompa, a nine iron, and a jar of peanut butter*

Oh and congratulations to you Darren. Just a few baby names to consider - Jack, Daniel, Samantha, George, Cameron, Walter, Vala....Teal'c?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        I have been loving the way that Abydos has been destroying any chance he ever has of becomeing a MOD on here. Abydos, its very simple dont say anything, how hard can that be! I do it all the time T tell the truth I forget whos a MOD and who isnt but it never matters as I never break the rules (to my knowledge of which is limited)
        I'll try my best man (or woman, whatever)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
          And now I'm off, because the thought of not only a spork but spike heeled shoes to go with it, really scares me.

Or, really makes me want to creat Puckish mayhem on the forum to see just how much it hurts...
          LOL ....now the thought of you trying to create Puckish mayhem scares me .... I think there must be a rule somewhere about former *Beloved Mods* can't be Modded by newbie wanna be MC's ...

But... I do have my own *Theoretical Totorturer*....I hear you think he is an ok fellow so maybe ..mmm...just maybe...*strokes hand on chin*
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Awwww. Farewell Major Clanger: she who welcomed me into Gateworldom!

As for the rest of you, are you insane?!?!?! Have you SEEN these lunatics you have to put up with?

Good Luck to both old & new
            Tracy xxx
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Question: who is going to add the new episodes of SGA (that air in Canada), Lost, SG-1 (when they start airing new episodes on January 3rd in the UK), and BSG (when SciFi airs new episodes on January 6th)?

Will Darren still do it, or will someone else? if it is then here is a useful link to when SGA airs in Canada:
              Canadian SGA schedule up for rest of Season 2
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG

And Skydiver - are you nuts?

Probably
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Congrats to Tame, kiwi and Matt...

Ah...no more fearing the spoon...sorry to see Major Clangs is leaving the mod team...but times change...

And congrats to Skydiver as well...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

You know, I just checked out the FAQ, and it's updated. I'm not pushing Darren to update it, I just wanted to inform others.
                    sigpic

Comment

Darren is the one that makes the discussion threads for atlantis and sg1 (and probably the other shows as well)

usually they lurk in the mod folder until the show airs and one of us puts them out. (the next 3 eps of atlantis threads are in the mod folder as we speak)

we don't put them out ahead of time because we don't want them cluttered up with pre-eps speculation.

There is no specific mod assigned to do this, just whomever is online when they air. In the summer/fall, it's usually one of us in the states, in the spring, it'll be a brit because they'll be seeing it hours before the rest of us even know it's aired (doesn't make much sense does it?)

basically, when you're actually able towatch the eps, it reminds teh mods to put the threads out. but, in the case of the canadian airings of atlantis, those eps are easy to forget because none of us are canadian.

if you know that an episode has aired and the thread isn't opened, just PM any of the mods you see online and remind them to move it out
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        Darren is the one that makes the discussion threads for atlantis and sg1 (and probably the other shows as well)

usually they lurk in the mod folder until the show airs and one of us puts them out. (the next 3 eps of atlantis threads are in the mod folder as we speak)

we don't put them out ahead of time because we don't want them cluttered up with pre-eps speculation.

There is no specific mod assigned to do this, just whomever is online when they air. In the summer/fall, it's usually one of us in the states, in the spring, it'll be a brit because they'll be seeing it hours before the rest of us even know it's aired (doesn't make much sense does it?)

basically, when you're actually able towatch the eps, it reminds teh mods to put the threads out. but, in the case of the canadian airings of atlantis, those eps are easy to forget because none of us are canadian.

if you know that an episode has aired and the thread isn't opened, just PM any of the mods you see online and remind them to move it out
                        I know when they air in Canada and the UK:

UK (SG-1): Tuesday 2PM (Central)-US
                        Canada (SGA): Monday 7PM (Central)-US
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          I know when they air in Canada and the UK:

UK (SG-1): Tuesday 2PM (Central)-US
                          Canada (SGA): Monday 7PM (Central)-US
                          Yes, GMT/DST, SG1 is Tues 8pm on Sky 1 (season 9) and SGA (2) is Wed 8pm on Sky.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Yes, GMT/DST, SG1 is Tues 8pm on Sky 1 (season 9) and SGA (2) is Wed 8pm on Sky.
                            Wasn't SG-1 & SGA back to back on Sky One, last year?
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep but not anymore
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                                Hi, all!

We're very happy to announce several additions to GateWorld Forum's team of Happy, Cheery Moderators (TM). In addition, we have a promotion and a departing mod to announce.

TameFarrar, Major Tyler, and kiwigater have been asked to join the moderator team, and have unwisely agreed! Their individual and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. These three have been active, supportive members of the forum for many moons now -- longer than me, I think.

Meanwhile, we are bidding farewell to our beloved Major Clanger, who sails into the West. After many years of modding, she has opted for the retirement plan. MC was one of GateWorld's founding members (and frequent holder of the GateWorld Top Poster award back at Delphi Forums), and one of the very first mods brought on board when I decided I couldn't handle this crazy business all by myself. Her contributions to making this forum what it is today cannot be overestimated. She'll still be around the forum as a playmate, but will have to sheath her mighty spoon (at least whenever I'm looking).

Promotion! Skydiver has kindly agreed to step into GateGipsy's shoes as our Forum Manager, which is something akin to "Senior Mod and Idea Person." In addition to having the final say when I am not around (and I'll be less and less, with a baby coming this Monday!), she's been tasked with brainstorming some cool new things for us to do with the forum.

Thanks once again to our moderators for the often thankless job of keeping this place in tip-top shape. And thanks to all of you for making the forum great, and for giving us rule-enforcers your grace and benefit of the doubt!

Darren
                                Darren, you appear to have missed out my modship?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                                X