Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know, this has almost been like reading my own obituary!!!!

Congrats to the new mods, and to Denise also.

And to Darren - somehow I thought the big day was going to be January.

Although I'll no longer be modding, I will be around. Heh heh heh.

But of course, I'll never go off topic....
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Well, I feel like I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I'm adding my congrats to Tame, Tyler and Kiwi. You will all be great at it (I'm just questioning your sanity now. )

And congrats to Darren! I didn't realize you were going to be a daddy. I hope you've been getting all you sleep in, because you won't starting next week.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Congrats Tame, Kiwi and Major T on becoming new mods!

Congrats Skydiver on your promotion
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          Hi, all!

We're very happy to announce several additions to GateWorld Forum's team of Happy, Cheery Moderators (TM). In addition, we have a promotion and a departing mod to announce.

TameFarrar, Major Tyler, and kiwigater have been asked to join the moderator team, and have unwisely agreed! Their individual and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. These three have been active, supportive members of the forum for many moons now -- longer than me, I think.

Meanwhile, we are bidding farewell to our beloved Major Clanger, who sails into the West. After many years of modding, she has opted for the retirement plan. MC was one of GateWorld's founding members (and frequent holder of the GateWorld Top Poster award back at Delphi Forums), and one of the very first mods brought on board when I decided I couldn't handle this crazy business all by myself. Her contributions to making this forum what it is today cannot be overestimated. She'll still be around the forum as a playmate, but will have to sheath her mighty spoon (at least whenever I'm looking).

Promotion! Skydiver has kindly agreed to step into GateGipsy's shoes as our Forum Manager, which is something akin to "Senior Mod and Idea Person." In addition to having the final say when I am not around (and I'll be less and less, with a baby coming this Monday!), she's been tasked with brainstorming some cool new things for us to do with the forum.

Thanks once again to our moderators for the often thankless job of keeping this place in tip-top shape. And thanks to all of you for making the forum great, and for giving us rule-enforcers your grace and benefit of the doubt!

Darren

Wow Gateworld without Major Clanger and her trusty spoon, that's going to be like bread with out it's butter!
          Glad you're still going to be around MC and thanks for all your help in making it possible for me to post by putting in my spoiler space for me back on the Delphi boards Tara flexing her fingers>>>i now own my very own pc and can do lots of cool things, (well i try to do at least!)
          ......TARA......

Comment

HoooRaah to all the new Mod's!!! especially Major Tyler (a great fellow Ford fan and a great poster). Congratulations!
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Cool my lord TameFarrar has joined as a moderator !! how great is that I'll never ever forget you took me under your wing when I was a prim'tah . You learned me how to spraid the lurve around the forum.

and Skydiver my favourite mod, congratulations !!! (now I have 2 favourite mods) Darren who decides who joins as moderator? I volounteerd also but you never let me know anything.
              Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                Darren who decides who joins as moderator? I volounteerd also but you never let me know anything.
                Candidates are suggested/nominated by the existing mods, discussed in depth, tallied up, and then a final decision is made by Darren. Or that's my undersatanding, based on what Darren and the others have said before.

Comment

Congrats to ALL our new mods! Apparently I was off doing something trivial like sleeping again when all the big changes happened around here, darn my persistent need for shut eye...

Best of luck, I have a feeling you'll need it.

Comment

CONGRATS TAME, KIWI, MAJOR TYLER AND SKYDIVER!!!!

Tame...haven't seen you around in ages...hope this means we'll see more of you

Farewell MC...hope you'll decide to stick around

On who got appointed...I think all round great (but sanity questioning) choices...as for those who moan about not being mods...Anubis - you already run a forum and NIWDA...nothing stopping you from starting your own either
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Candidates are suggested/nominated by the existing mods, discussed in depth, tallied up, and then a final decision is made by Darren. Or that's my undersatanding, based on what Darren and the others have said before.
                      ah thanks shadowmaat ! feels better allready.
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

How do you get to be a mod?

The simple fact is, Tame has photos Shipperahoy doesn't want to ever see the light of day; Kiwi has a scary dog that she threatened to set on Feli; and Tyler holds the deeds to my house after an online poker session went a bit out of control.

If anyone doesn't feel that those reasons make these three the most qualified persons to be elevated to mod-dom, tell it to Kiwi's scary dog.

Madeleine

Comment

what kind of dog is it? I love dogs and I am not easily scared
                          We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
                          Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
                          *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

The simple fact is, Tame has photos Shipperahoy doesn't want to ever see the light of day; Kiwi has a scary dog that she threatened to set on Feli; and Tyler holds the deeds to my house after an online poker session went a bit out of control.

If anyone doesn't feel that those reasons make these three the most qualified persons to be elevated to mod-dom, tell it to Kiwi's scary dog.

ROFL!!! Good One!

Congrats on all of the respective promotions and to the new father as well.

I guess "There is no spoon" has become reality on GW... We'll miss you MC. Stop by and see us sometime.
                            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                            it has it's own laws and beats about things
                            which the intellect scorns."
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

W-hoo!!! Congrats to all!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

This is why it's always wise to make sure your system is clear of any liquids that can spew from the nose before you read a post.

Congrats on the new mods. May your sanity last at least a month.

And, Darren, I didn't even know you were pregnant (yeah, that joke's probably already been made and I missed it). Congrats on becoming a father.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X