Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Photobucket: (get yourself a free account - takes only a couple of minutes to sign up)
    upload any pictures you wish to post onto your PB account so that you're not hotlinking to some other site. Then, choose the IMG code for posting onto Gateworld. (Copy the code - Ctrl+C then Paste into your post Ctrl+V) If the picture is larger than Gateworld's rules (100 kb or larger than 700 px wide) post it as a thumbnail. To do this, you must enable the thumbnail option. Go to Account Settings by clicking onto your name at the upper right-hand side. Select Album Settings from the menus across the top. Put a check mark in the box by IMG Thumb and click save. Now you will be able to post thumbnail images. Copy and paste the thumbnail code the same way as you would have for regular image code.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gegee23 View Post
      Thanks you so much, Bagpuss! I could really use some walkthroughs at this point.
      You're very welcome,Gegee ! I can't even get into my own PB account tonight so I called up the Cavalry ...

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      From Photobucket: (get yourself a free account - takes only a couple of minutes to sign up)
      upload any pictures you wish to post onto your PB account so that you're not hotlinking to some other site. Then, choose the IMG code for posting onto Gateworld. (Copy the code - Ctrl+C then Paste into your post Ctrl+V) If the picture is larger than Gateworld's rules (100 kb or larger than 700 px wide) post it as a thumbnail. To do this, you must enable the thumbnail option. Go to Account Settings by clicking onto your name at the upper right-hand side. Select Album Settings from the menus across the top. Put a check mark in the box by IMG Thumb and click save. Now you will be able to post thumbnail images. Copy and paste the thumbnail code the same way as you would have for regular image code.
      *Loves the Cavalry*
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Not that I post a lot of photos here anyway, but I don't have those options (the Album Settings on the menu)?

ETA: I probably have them, just can't find them.
        sigpic

Comment

you have to enable it separately, they are not default. The default are just Email & IM, Direct, HTML, and IMG. That's why I said go into your account settings to enable it.

One
          Two
          sigpic

Comment

you have to enable it separately, they are not default. The default are just Email & IM, Direct, HTML, and IMG. That's why I said go into your account settings to enable it.

One
            Two
            AH HA! No wonder I couldn't find it - I was looking at my Gateworld account....
            sigpic

Comment

Alright so I am going to try it and I hope it works:
              sigpic

. . ,·°¨¯¨°·.
              . ..°·-·°. ..\ Stargate Atlantis/ SG1 Fan forever!
              John/ Elizabeth, Daniel/ Vala, and Sam/ Jack Shipper!

Comment

I am going to try this one more time to see if i can post something that I made on here so:
                [IMG][/IMG]
                sigpic

. . ,·°¨¯¨°·.
                . ..°·-·°. ..\ Stargate Atlantis/ SG1 Fan forever!
                John/ Elizabeth, Daniel/ Vala, and Sam/ Jack Shipper!

Comment

Both work, but your second picture is slightly too big (about 115 KB when the maximum allowed is 100). Try saving it again as jpg and decrease the quality.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is there an updated list of ranks and rep levels? I seem to have a rank and rep level that are not indicated in this original post.
                    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

We are in the middle of a special "theme" time - the Olympics - so all the ranks and reps have been changed to reflect this. Don't worry, it's just temporary. There tends to be a special theme weekend about once a month. Afterwards, the ranks and reputation levels return to normal.
                      sigpic

Comment

Few themes have ever had a 100% positive feedback.

This one is no exception, though a vast majority of Members who responded in the August Theme thread and in Pm wanted the titles to last through to Aug 12,and because the Games only roll round every four years,the Mods agreed to prolong the theme.

Considering the ranks aren't permanent or in our face if we focus on reading and creating posts,it's a small inconvenience.

Good luck avoiding the Events in the media though.Its pretty much universal!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                          Few themes have ever had a 100% positive feedback.

This one is no exception, though a vast majority of Members who responded in the August Theme thread and in Pm wanted the titles to last through to Aug 12,and because the Games only roll round every four years,the Mods agreed to prolong the theme.

Considering the ranks aren't permanent or in our face if we focus on reading and creating posts,it's a small inconvenience.

Good luck avoiding the Events in the media though.Its pretty much universal!
                          Name one.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

considering that the ranks are based on Stargate character's names and a generic piece of sports equipment? Or that the reps are similarly generic? You'd have to reach pretty far to claim any sort of infringement whatsoever. As for the advertising business - seems like an excellent idea to keep companies from sneaking in free international advertising by being pictured in an Olympic venue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Since (hopefully) newbies will look in this thread for a guide to GW, it seemed appropriate to put these here.

Navigating the forums:

sigpic

Comment

Made some edits to post 1 and included a link to your "Visual guide",Nola.

Comment

Working...
                                X