Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X-treme Guide to GateWorld (for newbies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of terms to be familiar with - while thunk is defined in the FAQ, whump is harder to find.

thunk - the sound of a body hitting the floor from swooning after seeing the object of one's affection; posting of pics to cause such swooning
    whump - the situations and resulting injuries of the characters, requiring the ministrations of the fan to the adored one
    thump/whunk - combinations of the above
    sigpic

Comment

Post 1 updated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ETA :
      For more acronyms/questions about GW acronyms : GateWorld Acronyms

Turned out most are already in the FAQ,but no matter.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 June 2012, 12:27 AM. Reason: Post economy.:)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Ok a question how can I put a sig on my account I love making them but cant attach them please help
        sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

You can't. You are still on probie status. Probies have no perks. Every little perk the mods have tried to give to probies has been abused by spammers
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You can't. You are still on probie status. Probies have no perks. Every little perk the mods have tried to give to probies has been abused by spammers
            Indeed Just keep posting, so you get of your probie status and then you'll be able to post your sig! I'm looking forward to seeing yours
            sigpic
            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Thank you so much for the help
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darian View Post
                Thank you so much for the help
                You're welcome Happy to help you out!
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Another question what is the reputation about and how do you increase it please help
                  sigpic

Comment

A complete explanation is in the FAQ's

If you find searching the FAQs daunting, put in a keyword a viola!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you Nolamom you have been very helpful my whole life on the forum
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info it answered all my questions and then some
                        sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Heya! I am a newbie, and I was wondering how you can upload pictures? I tried but I failed, and would like some clear advice. Thanks in advance!
                          sigpic

. . ,·°¨¯¨°·.
                          . ..°·-·°. ..\ Stargate Atlantis/ SG1 Fan forever!
                          John/ Elizabeth, Daniel/ Vala, and Sam/ Jack Shipper!

Comment

And you will contiue to fail until you are taken off probie status. Blame the spammers. I do
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually,posting images is one feature Probies ARE allowed.

The pics have to be checked by the Mods though and if an image is oversized or hotlinked,the tags have to be changed.

What Gegee really needs is help with prechecking and uploading her pics.

I know someone posted a very good walk-through somewhere of how to post to the Forum via PB and imageshack,so I'll try to find the links.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Actually,posting images is one feature Probies ARE allowed.

The pics have to be checked by the Mods though and if an image is oversized or hotlinked,the tags have to be changed.

What Gegee really needs is help with prechecking and uploading her pics.

I know someone posted a very good walk-through somewhere of how to post to the Forum via PB and imageshack,so I'll try to find the links.
                                Thanks you so much, Bagpuss! I could really use some walkthroughs at this point.
                                sigpic

. . ,·°¨¯¨°·.
                                . ..°·-·°. ..\ Stargate Atlantis/ SG1 Fan forever!
                                John/ Elizabeth, Daniel/ Vala, and Sam/ Jack Shipper!

Comment

Working...
                                X