X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg
    Ok, maybe IE does work
    Well I am using IE6 and some things don't seem to be working or at least I am getting boxes with crosses in them on the posting page and my posts are not very fast to be, well posted.

Not happy.

Comment

The only snag I'm still getting (I'm on IE6),is that to pm someone,I have to go to any post I can find by them ,click on their name, then go to "send a personal message".Then the box comes up fine.
      (Or go into my control panel, go to "Send new message" and type their name into the space provided.)

If I go to their profile on the Forum Index page,if the poster's logged in, it just shows the link to e-mail them at the right side,but just click on "find all posts by".It works.

Otherwise no worries,but good luck to all who are currently having problems.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 October 2005, 11:56 PM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Well I am using IE6 and some things don't seem to be working or at least I am getting boxes with crosses in them on the posting page and my posts are not very fast to be, well posted.

Not happy.
        The post page hasnt changed at all, it is only the quick reply function(s)

Comment

I believe that's what Drwho'srose is refering to.

Comment

When I click on the Quote page like I am now I have things in boxes with crosses what are they meant to be? I haven't tried to PM anyone yet so I don't know if that is affected.

Small things have changed too to do with my toolbar (must be IE6), spellchecker being one and right clicking to delete a line isn't working now either.

Like I said small things but well annoying.

I will have to change my browser.

Comment

Ok, maybe IE does work
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                There you go, Sue! There was a bunch of unused BB code tags, a la:

[ center][ font][ size][ /center][ /font][ /size]
                Thanks, Darren! It's all fixed! You're awesome!
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

*Wonders why alll seem to have problems whem < hasnt has any*

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    Someone care to explain this AJAX thing???

Cos contary to what Greg said, my IE does support inline replies and edits...and the reply just appears at the bottom of the thread I'm posting in, without refreshing the rest...
                    AJAX is just a way of doing web page content. It puts Javascript on the browser that does communication with the webserver. This allows for load to be pushed off of the usually overloaded Server, and onto the less loaded client (Which is your computer). This allows for faster and richer webpages, because they are no longer static, and there isn't a big investment in other third party technologies, because the three technologies that are involded. On the Server side computing, using a standard programming language, Java, or a server side scripting language. And on the client you use Javascript to generate the content of the HTML page that shows up on your computer. The third technology is XML that is used to comunicate between the two. So in short AJAX isn't a new technology, just a new way of thinking. Sort of like the Blackbird in Galactica. There all the stuff they used was standard stuff, but when they were all put togther you get a new kind of fighter.

Hope that helps. If you have a headache don't fear I still have one and I've been doing this stuff at work for 2 months now.

Comment

Same problems as I posted before, ah well.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                        *tiny little voice* It's always been there.
                        Bwa! It always takes extraordinary events to clue me in.

Comment

Very good updates!
                          I use Firefox and it rocks!
                          Thanks!

Comment

I still can't subscribe to threads, not via IE and not via Firefox. *sigh*

Is it safe to assume the graphics for "attachments", "check spelling" and "switch editor mode" will be coming along eventually?

Comment

I can't subscribe to new threads,either,via IE ,atm,Shadow,so I'm doing it the old fashioned way...pen and paper and writing down the thread titles !

(Of course,then I'll probably lose the slip of paper..*head/desk*)
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Oh, I can do that easily enough, but I like subscribing to threads of interest because they show up under my controls whenever there are new messages in them. And if I'm scrolling through a big section like Gen Disc, I might miss something.

Comment

Working...
                                X