Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and when people call others names like that report it and let us deal with those people. The mods can't fix it if we don't see it. And we don't see every single post on the forum
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I realize that, and that's my point. Regardless if the critique, or pro, or whatever threads are there, flaming still goes on. And honestly, I could sit on my computer all day long and report posts, even if they do get deleted its not going to solve any long term problems, the diehard flamers will still flame, and even if they do learn their lesson or get banned, other people will join up and flame. Not having critique threads isn't going to stop the flaming.

Comment

I'm not debating this. My decision is how things will be, at least for the time being.

End of story.

Now, back on topic please.

sigpic

Comment

I think I saw this asked before though I'm not sure...

Anyway, about the deletion of private messages. Whenever I want to clean out my inbox and try to hit the check-button to select all messages at once, it will only select that one small square, but not the ones behind the messages.

Is that just a glitch or will it ever be solved that we can check on square to allow us to delete multiple messages? Or is it just happening to me?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think the lack of 'select all' in PM's is a glitch that came with the most recent update.

IIRC, i can't select ALL, but i can select all by day, by that i mean i can't select all 20 on a page, but i can select all that were sent on a specific day

It's something that VB will need to fix i'm afraid

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I think the lack of 'select all' in PM's is a glitch that came with the most recent update.

IIRC, i can't select ALL, but i can select all by day, by that i mean i can't select all 20 on a page, but i can select all that were sent on a specific day

It's something that VB will need to fix i'm afraid
              Oh okay... I thought it would be something like that. Thanks.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                I realize that, and that's my point. Regardless if the critique, or pro, or whatever threads are there, flaming still goes on. And honestly, I could sit on my computer all day long and report posts, even if they do get deleted its not going to solve any long term problems, the diehard flamers will still flame, and even if they do learn their lesson or get banned, other people will join up and flame. Not having critique threads isn't going to stop the flaming.
                Just one other word on this subject that might help clarify things for folks

One of the biggest aspects of the CVS was to encourage folks to *Discuss and debate* their thoughts and opinions regarding the shows.

It was determined that by having separate threads that allowed folks to just discuss one POV, i.e. dislike/contempt/disgust and another for excitement/glee/joy was creating a gradual but definite chasm within the GW Community. It was in fact hindering discussion, hindering the sharing of various POVs and most importantly it was creating an environment that no longer fostered the one thing we hold up as our *Golden Rule*. That being "Respect your fellow member, as well as the cast, crew and staff of the shows". The first and major casualty of the division was and is tolerance.

So it was determined that with the new chapter of Stargate, namely SGU, we would no longer have this division. Folks would have to first apply the rules to themselves when writing their posts, stand accountable when they click on the *submit* button for the content of their post and learn once again what it means to have respectful, civil and decent discussions with those that may have opposing viewpoints.

We have still allowed for some threads to continue just due to the fact that they have a history and we are not looking to re-write history. However, we are looking to the members to shape a better future.

lastly, at no time is anyone being forced to respond to any post. If you choose to respond to a post in a hostile, confrontational or disrespectful manner. Then expect to be moderated in some way. We are not looking to silence negative opinion. We are however demanding respectful opinion regardless of that opinion.

If you have any further questions on this or wish to discuss it further...please PM a moderator you feel comfortable discussing the topic with.

The Ask The Moderator thread is not the place for a protracted discussion on the merits of segregation of ideas.

Thanks
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

With SGU being more adult, mature etc. its obvious some scenes and pictures go beyond the PG rule. It is after all TV-14 for a reason. So with that said and this being a Stargate forum are we allowed or prohibited from using said pictures?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    With SGU being more adult, mature etc. its obvious some scenes and pictures go beyond the PG rule. It is after all TV-14 for a reason. So with that said and this being a Stargate forum are we allowed or prohibited from using said pictures?
                    Nope
                    Just because the show itself is upping the ante and becoming more Adult and expecting Parents to determine whether or not they want their children to watch the show.

GateWorld is and still will be a PG Forum. Since we are on 24/7 around the globe (as opposed to a late time slot on a Cable Station) and are *Family Friendly* we will not be changing our rating

So you and all members will be expected to continue to follow our PG rules for pictures. You can utilize your own personal storage space for pictures of a more risque nature
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

And I'll add, as we've seen in many threads, what one person considers 'PG' may not be seen the same way by others. Ultimately, whether or not a graphic is PG rests in the minds of the mods, so if you have any questions, please ask one of us and we'll get you an answer.

sigpic

Comment

Two examples come to mind when I asked that questions
                        SGU spoilers for Bagpuss and other foriegn mods
                        Spoiler:

The Scott-closet scene in the pilot.
                        And where the promos that shows Chloe in that lake
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                          Nope
                          Just because the show itself is upping the ante and becoming more Adult and expecting Parents to determine whether or not they want their children to watch the show.

GateWorld is and still will be a PG Forum. Since we are on 24/7 around the globe (as opposed to a late time slot on a Cable Station) and are *Family Friendly* we will not be changing our rating

So you and all members will be expected to continue to follow our PG rules for pictures. You can utilize your own personal storage space for pictures of a more risque nature
                          Do you think you could do an announcement in the SGU folder? I think people are assuming that the PG rules don't apply there.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Two examples come to mind when I asked that questions
                            SGU spoilers for Bagpuss and other foriegn mods
                            Spoiler:

The Scott-closet scene in the pilot.
                            And where the promos that shows Chloe in that lake
                            It would be better if you PM the actual pictures to a Moderator
                            Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Do you think you could do an announcement in the SGU folder? I think people are assuming that the PG rules don't apply there.
                            Sure

You can find it at the top of the SGU folder here
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=128

Comment

Mods, I made a thread in SGU which may need to be moved. GW is lagging badly, as I'm sure you know , and search results only showed a like thread after the 4th page . I don't want to incur the moddy wrath!! So, the thread is:
                              SGU = 200: Appealing to a Younger Audience? ( http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...3#post10675383 )
                              and the other is
                              After all this hype about SGU being for a younger audience... ( http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...light=Audience )
                              So they are somewhat alike .. Only mine was posted after it was released ...
                              Sorry if you've already done something because GW was lagging, then I had to load this .

Thanks!
                              PS Again, I shall apologise in case this is the wrong thread !!!

Comment

it's in the main universe folder

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X