This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webxro View Post
    Ok another question : what do we do if we see somebody with a sig double the recommended size ?
    *Is not a Mod*, but I think that's what the report button is for.

Comment

A known vbb bug's hit the signature template ( see prev links to the Info /suggestions thread) ,so sigs may appear way too tall because any text lines between/above/below the graphics are showing up as a gap .

To measure the image properties,you need to take a look at member profiles,and add up all the measurements displayed in the About me section.

Max pixel width of sigs =700
      Max height =200
      Max total Kb file size=50KB
      (Those Maximums include all images/text in the sig box.Whether the sigs are hosted on/off GW it makes no difference.Each & every sig in a rotation has to comply .)

For fuller description : see the Sig Rules Clarification thread Click to view

You guys ( and some others ) offered your services to help members if they ask for help with problems working out how to reduce their sig sizes/compressions etc or need to check through their sig rotations.

That's the thread members need to post to, if they want non-Mod/Mod assistance.

The Off Topic Chatter Sig /graphics testing thread is a good place to offer/seek help as well.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 July 2011, 09:52 AM.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        *Is not a Mod*, but I think that's what the report button is for.
        Bingo.
        We can take a look at reported sigs and any other requests for Mod action.

If the sigs are fine,no worries.

See my prev post.If the template's what's causing the oversizement ,we won't be contacting the people concerned.

Comment

do not know where to place this question, so I try it here.

any hope to get the 'spoiler' button back?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

That'll have to wait till after the next vBB upgrade.

Darren's post : click to view

For now,just manually type the [Spoiler] and [/Spoiler} tags.( Change that curly bracket to ] )

Result :
            Spoiler:
            this

Comment

A note; when accessing gateworld forums through the mainsite, I get a blank white screen with up on the title bar the following text https : //www.forum. gateworld .net, the screen is white, refreshing the page only brings back the gateworld homepage, forcing me to click the forum link again, this time it goes through.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yep.I get the same results after clicking the "Forum" button on the homepage.link

I'll let Greg know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Yep.I get the same results after clicking the "Forum" button on the homepage.link

I'll let Greg know.
                  Oh good, so it is not just me getting it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

No.It's an intermittent connection glitch.

Easy work-round is to bookmark ( add to favourites) the Forum Main Page ,or a thread you like/use a lot, and use that as a fast connection link till it's fixed.

Comment

i don't have this problem , is it browser specific ?
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Like I said ,it's intermittent ,so I doubt it's a browser issue this time ,but Greg'll know for sure.

Comment

Realized that I couldn't reply to your PM. Thanks for answering so quickly. One more question about the images. I understand how to gauge pixel size, but how about KB? Some images I get directly off the net and it doesn't say how big of a file size it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyRaptor View Post
                            Realized that I couldn't reply to your PM. Thanks for answering so quickly. One more question about the images. I understand how to gauge pixel size, but how about KB? Some images I get directly off the net and it doesn't say how big of a file size it is.
                            Right click on the image and choose 'properties', that'll tell you the Kilobytes. In Firefox it's right click and 'view image info'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sorry if this is not the place, but my account its half way activated?
                              i cannot edit my profile. but i can post on the forums?
                              also other options are locked out for me in my profile. like avatar etc.
                              this is normal or is my account damaged and half way activated???
                              i did follow up the activation link in my email...

Comment

sorry for double posting, but cannot edit my posts (not sure if its the default forum behavior) and cannot send or receive private messages???

Comment

Working...
                                X