This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

I tried getting in to the thread direct from my notifications, and this comes up, I am now a bit scared to try and post in the thread because of it, I cant see the latest two posts which are still notifiying me in my notifications

Spoiler:
    Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator with details about how and where you received this message.
    I had that happening to me a few times when someone had posted and then deleted their posts.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I tried getting in to the thread direct from my notifications, and this comes up, I am now a bit scared to try and post in the thread because of it, I cant see the latest two posts which are still notifiying me in my notifications

Spoiler:
      Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator with details about how and where you received this message.
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I had that happening to me a few times when someone had posted and then deleted their posts.
      FH is absolutely correct.
      The e-mail notification takes you to the last post,whether it's visible or not.
      Just go to OT ,find the thread and go to the last post.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The last post in there then is apparently Lemmings post in reply to Brutak

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yes.

The post you had the notification for was deleted by the person who made it,for reasons best known to themselves,but the thread itself is safe to post to.

Comment

Okie dokie, Thankee Baggio

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

We are nearing a resolution from vBulletin on a fix for the css/template headaches. Hopefully late this week.

Comment

Okie dokie, Thankee Baggio
                Y'welcome!

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                We are nearing a resolution from vBulletin on a fix for the css/template headaches. Hopefully late this week.
                Great news Greg,and thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  The post you had the notification for was deleted by the person who made it,for reasons best known to themselves,but the thread itself is safe to post to.
                  I could be wrong (but I am wearing my glasses so I do see clearly) but the notification in my subscriptions for the Pet Peeve thread states that [Username] and -1 others have posted on the thread.

-1 others ... I swear that it usually says +1 others. Could it be that the notification telling me that there was a post which then disappeared, or am I loosing my marbles? Mind you, there's a good chance that my marbles are lost no matter what.

Comment

Your marbles are safe.
                    I think the notification was just letting you know that a post was deleted.

(I've actually never had a notification in e-mail or in my profile describing that kind of thing,but with all the software glitches and vbb stuff that's been going on,it's not that startling.Might even be browser - related.)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I could be wrong (but I am wearing my glasses so I do see clearly) but the notification in my subscriptions for the Pet Peeve thread states that [Username] and -1 others have posted on the thread.

-1 others ... I swear that it usually says +1 others. Could it be that the notification telling me that there was a post which then disappeared, or am I loosing my marbles? Mind you, there's a good chance that my marbles are lost no matter what.
                      Oh good Tooka is not the only one seeing that; it had me confused, so now Lemming is the last person to post in the thread.... for now

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        Your marbles are safe.
                        Phew...

Comment

Do the owners of the GateWorld have a placeholder at http://forum.gateworld.net?

Yesterday I needed to check a link to a Stargate fanfic I originally learned of in the forum. This was at relatives house using their computer, so I just typed forum.gateworld.net into the address bar of the browser and got a page that was basically just a brand new install of vBulletin with only one post and one user. I thought something had gone haywire with the forum and it was in the middle of restoration and decided to check again later when I got home.

At home, I did the same thing and just typed forum.gateworld.net and got the same result. So I opened a new browser tab went to GateWorld's homepage and cilcked the link for the forum and it came up normally. Looking at the two tabs side by side, I discovered the actual forum is at https://forum.gateworld.net.

Turns out you need to type in https in order to get to the forum.
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

All cross-links to the forum and scifistream go via https://forum.gateworld.net plus the full link to the threads.

Greg's been running a lot of tests this week while de-bugging so I think you got caught up in part of that,because using all those links and just "forum.gateworld.net" in the search bar,I keep getting the main https based link to the forum front page.
                            That's what we should get because we went over to https in 2016.

(Tried in FF and Chrome.Gave up trying on my android phone because an ad keep clogging everything up.)

Comment

Has anyone else had trouble to log in the last few days? I've been trying to get here but got a "website not responding" error, or none stop loading instead of a result and I can say it was not my internet connection as all other things worked as normal

Comment

Yay, we have GateWorld!

Comment

Working...
                                X