• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year back atcha guys!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Errmm... what gives? I tried posting a reply but got this error instead:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_16725300','nodeChg_16724978','nodeChg_20','nodeChg_15','nodeChg_2','no deChg_1') /**cacheevent**/;
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Errmm... what gives? I tried posting a reply but got this error instead:

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_16725300','nodeChg_16724978','nodeChg_20','nodeChg_15','nodeChg_2','no deChg_1') /**cacheevent**/;
        Hi Falcon!
        I can barely get in/around the forum,and some regular features aren't loading for me,so it looks like server,software or template problems.
        I've e-mailed Darren along with a requote of that error in your post.Hopefully he and/or Greg can fix this asap.

Comment

I glad I'm not the only one experiencing the slowness because I just thought it was Chrome.
          I was trying to edit my post that contained Bob Saget in the Obit. Thread and I got this:

Error

Error information: " 524 error "

I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Thanks! Getting the same on FF and Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I can barely get in/around the forum,and some regular features aren't loading for me,so it looks like server,software or template problems.
              I've e-mailed Darren along with a requote of that error in your post.Hopefully he and/or Greg can fix this asap.
              I'm rather surprised that post came through at all since it took so long and I had a meeting to get to so I closed the window.

(yes, I visit during work hours )

Comment

I think the forum autosaves the post(s) in limbo then lets them clear once the server pressure/errors clear.
                (I'm quite probably wrong but it's my only theory for now!)

ETA: Forgot to add that Darren's grateful for all the info and referred all this on to Greg.Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I think the forum autosaves the post(s) in limbo then lets them clear once the server pressure/errors clear.
                  (I'm quite probably wrong but it's my only theory for now!)
                  You could be on to something though... It's definitely a good theory, IMO.

Comment

"It's all I got!"

Kidding aside,the lagging is still going on,and I couldn't log in most of Thursday,but so far no more sql errors for me.

Darren /Greg say the sql errors are a vb5 bug...so hopefully that can be fixed though we may have to live with it for a while.

The lagging and 524 errors aren't the same bug.Possibly /probably a server connection and load problem.

Comment

The SQL error FH mentioned is back, as I got it while making a post in the Obit. Thread, then again when making this post and in the Quantum Leap thread.

Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_16725395','nodeChg_92327','nodeChg_21','nodeChg_14','nodeChg_2','nodeC hg_1') /**cacheevent**/;

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Good to hear that I am not the only one who experiened such crashes. Maybe Replicators are eating the server.

Thanks for reporting it. I would green you, gaters, but that feature is also gone.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

So, I have a question... when I click on the link for the Sparky thread in my subscriptions, I see following message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator with details about how and where you received this message."

The thing is, it only shows up when the notification in my subscriptions mentions that the user America126 has posted on the thread. When I go to the thread via the forum homepage, I have no issue getting to the last page. However, the post by America is nowhere to be seen.

Is that because she's still under probie-status or is something else amiss?

Comment

They aren't on probie and deleted some of their own posts.
                            ( I think she must have thought they hadn't gone through?)

Comment

Don't know if it is just a flash in the pan, but I have 2 laptops (Lucky me)
                              One I have Firefox on, & this forum is driving me mad waiting for it to load.
                              The other one (this one) has Google & it is running like a dream.
                              So maybe the browser is contributing to the problem.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good tip there.

Alas and alack, no joy for me...but I'll keep swapping browser!

Comment

Working...
                                X