Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I just did. Google Chrome will not let me get round it, but Firefox reluctantly gave me the option of over-riding the warning & letting me on.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I have to get here via google Chrome Beta, it allowed the override

Apparently Gateworld still uses HSTS for security protocol instead of HTTPS

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Firefox giving me expired sec. cert. errors, expired 6/21/18. Site uses a strict protocol, FF would not add excpeption. Had to use Chrome to get here.

Comment

Firefox wouldn't give me the option to override - I got on by putting the time on my pc back 24 hours Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon.

Comment

You can mess other stuff up by dinkin' with the clock on the PC. A lot of things depend on time. For example, other sites might throwing cert. errors.
            Better to get a copy of chrome and use that till they get a new cert installed here. It will allow you to override.

Comment

IE 11 lets you override, and you get a pretty URL bar.

Comment

I have the same problem. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. Thanks.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I'm having trouble logging into Gateworld on Firefox. I have the latest version of it, but it says the website isn't secure, so it wouldn't let me go to the site at all. I'm on IE right now. So just wanted to let you all know because other might be having the same trouble as me. Thanks!
                  Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                  (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Apologies, the SSL issue has been corrected.

Comment

Yes, it's working! Thanks Greg

Comment

Cheers, Greg, for getting GW up and running again.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I was worried that the Replicators were eating the website. I have left a message on FB and on YouTube to Darren, but no respond has arrived. But anyway it is sorted, well done!
                          Last edited by Platschu; 24 June 2018, 01:19 PM.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                            Apologies, the SSL issue has been corrected.
                            Thanks a lot for getting this fixed so quickly

Comment

Thanks Greg

Comment

So glad things are working again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X