This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    All the theme threads are tagged with "forum theme",as far as I know.

For easier ref though:

Themes done so far:

2011-2012

Classic Movies
    MacGyver
    Looney Toons
    Harry Potter
    Star Trek
    B monsters in movies
    Muppets
    Holiday movies
    no theme
    Fave Scifi space ships
    St Pat's day
    Green Theme
    Smurfs
    Grimm fairy tales/OUAT
    Eureka
    "Stargate" Olympics
    Supernatural
    NCIS
    LOTR /The Hobbit (Movie 2)

Merlin
    Farscape
    Doctor Who ( To celebrate it's Return)
    Aporkalypse ( Bacon theme- April fools Day)
    Firefly
    Star Trek - complete redo of the Ranks.Tech based.In time for the new Abrams ST movie.
    Westerns
    Iron Man /SHIELD
    Pixar/Pixar Movies
    Dexter
    Sanctuary
    Doctor Who : 50th Anniversary Nov 23.
    December theme : Classic Holiday Movies.(Chosen by Member vote)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January : Fringe
    February : Castle
    March : Game of Thrones
    April : April Fools Day - CatWorld
    April : BSG
    May : WH13 .Farewell to the show.
    June : Deepspace 9
    July : Back to the Future Trilogy
    August: Shark Week
    September: The Big Bang Theory
    October: The X-Files
    November: Tribute to Glen A. Larson
    December : The Hobbit final movie/Trilogy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January: Babylon 5
    February: Medical /Hospital-based Shows
    March: Downton Abbey (Feb 27th-March 1st)
    April: April Fools ( My Little Pony & Care Bears) + Game of Thrones (April 10-12)
    May: May the Fourth be With you Day ( Extended 4th through 6th)
    June: Jurassic Park (12th-14th)
    July: Minions (10th -12th)
    August: Dog Days of Summer
    September: Pirates!
    October: The Nightmare before Christmas
    November: The Hunger Games
    December: Holiday Titles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January: Sherlock (BBC)
    February: Leap Year/Leap Day
    March: Downton Abbey
    April Fools' Day: No Theme.
    April : No Theme.
    May: Star Wars (inc the newest movie characters etc)
    June: No Theme.
    July: No Theme.
    August: No Theme.
    September: No Theme.
    October:
    November:
    December:

We're pondering something for October,but left that blank for now.
    Wowza I don't have regular cable to get the major channels, and I'm still thinking about SlingTV.

Comment

Hello Mods,
      Thank you so much for the Torchwood theme to recognise the show's 10th anniversary today on 22nd October 2016. This was definitely a day that should not be Retconned so this little tribute to that little team in Cardiff is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
      Alan

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Y'welcome!

The Theme's over ,but if any of you want to check out the titles we used,or chat about TW,the thread's still open over here for a few more days:
        October Theme: Torchwood (10th Anniversary) -> Oct 22nd -24th
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm trying to reply to somebody who left me a message on my home page, but GW is refusing to let me do so. It says something about not having access to various sites on GW, none of which is my own home page. How do I get this corrected? Thanks.

Comment

High probability that the other Member has their Profile Privacy set to Contacts/Friends only.That means they can message you but you wouldn't be able to reply.

I'll send them a pm asking them to check if that's the case.

Edit: PM sent.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 October 2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Heard back.You should be able to VM them now.

Comment

HAPPY
                HALLOWEEN
                MODS!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Thanks,Alan!

Happy Halloween to you and all past/present/future GateWorlders.

Comment

I have a question.
                    Why is it that when CoCo-pops answers a thread, it often does not appear for hours?
                    If he still needed standard oversight, I would understand, that's the way the forum works, but the guy has hundreds of posts, well beyond the "check for spam" limit, so I am sorta confused.

Any idea's Mods?
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

We can't give you a fully detailed answer,because we don't tell others exactly why anyone's on moderation: but if he himself needs fresh clarification,he only has to ask in a post ,then I or Sky can copy that into a pm/e-mail and get back to him directly.

If no mods are online,or are away due to family situations/illness,it can indeed sometimes take a while before we can check through any queued posts/links/videos etc.

The vast majority of queued posts are then cleared within minutes,but sometimes it can take longer,especially if the link goes to an unsecured site and if something blocks a mod being able to view what's been linked to.(eg Region coding,our security cuts in,or a headline word won't go through because of the profanity filters.)

If one Mod can't check things out,they have to leave a post queued till another Mod can do the job.

Think of the time zones too.None of the current Mods live in the Southern Hemisphere,so if there's say, a gap between Sky,Rose or Jas logging out and me logging in,that's life,internet-style.

Comment

None of the mods live in the SH...........YET...........

I dunno if he is on moderation, If he is, well fair enough, but be warned you evil mods, I am watching, watching like a jellyfish!!
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

We did have some.I still miss the wonderful mod,kiwigater.

Watch all you like.I have a plan (probably not a great one) to help the SH posts go through,so stay tuned.

Comment

Baggys gonna move nearer to Gatey ? Is the house next door to you available GF?

I have a question, when i click a link on here that someone posts, it goes nowhere, has something changed, cause i used to be able to click em and i would go to whatever was there. Is it some sort of spam precaution, or a browser thing?
                            sigpic

Comment

Could be a browser glitch,or a dead link because Greg hasn't changed anything here recently.
                              Can you point me at a specific link or two when you get back so I can test it out?

Comment

Any link does it, i click it, it opens a tab, and thats the end of it

http://americasvoice.org/trumphatemap/
                                i bought one over, its just so strange as it never did this before, its been happening for a few months
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X