This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It can happen if your mouse double-clicks accidentally when you log in.
    Hmm...don't think that is what happened.

What's most likely is that you need to reactivate the cookie for the Forum.
    I think it was that little "remember me" box. I noticed when I refreshed the forum a moment ago that it was unchecked so I checked it.

Bolded the relevant pieces.
    Thank you. I should note that I always have a tab in my web browser open for GW forum so...I'm always here. Sometimes in lurk mode but I'm always here.

Are you on FF or Chrome?
    Chrome.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
      Thanks y'all! I'll have to try it out.

And bagpuss, thanks for that proviso--I was trying to hotlink from the gallery to here and it wasn't working, which is why I asked.

*waits to see what the issue is with that*
      Fixing the gallery -> forum hotlinking is still in progress.Darren's checked it out and referred it to Greg.

I'll make sure I drop you a message/post in here when it's completed.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Hmm...don't think that is what happened.
        No worries.It was just something to check ,because I've had it happen a few times.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney
        I think it was that little "remember me" box. I noticed when I refreshed the forum a moment ago that it was unchecked so I checked it.
        Glad it's fixed!

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney
        Thank you. I should note that I always have a tab in my web browser open for GW forum so...I'm always here. Sometimes in lurk mode but I'm always here.

Chrome.
        You're v welcome!

Comment

No worries.It was just something to check ,because I've had it happen a few times.
          It's good to know for the future.

Glad it's fixed!
          So am I!

You're v welcome!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Fixing the gallery -> forum hotlinking is still in progress.Darren's checked it out and referred it to Greg.

I'll make sure I drop you a message/post in here when it's completed.
            Thanks Bagpuss! *waits patiently*
            Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

So.....I couldn't get on to the forum last night. What happened?
              Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Bagpuss! *waits patiently*
                Not fixed yet.See next post.

So.....I couldn't get on to the forum last night. What happened?
                Database Crash,basically, that affected the forum and the main GW and SciFi Stream site.All fixed up since this morning thanks to Greg.

Comment

Yay for Greg! I figured as much.....but I was going through withdrawal.

Comment

So what's the theme this weekend? I have no idea who Ken, David, Jorge and Tim are.

Comment

Yay for Greg! I figured as much.....but I was going through withdrawal.
                      Greg rocks!

Comment

FanGirl--it's the MINIONS. There should be a thread about it.

Comment

Yep.There's a theme thread every month.We also put the dates in the Calendar and I usually remember to put the links in my sig.

July Theme - Minions Assemble!

Comment

I still can't access www.gateworld.net proper; forum.gateworld.net works.
                            • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                            • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                            • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

GW's definitely there.

Try out these links: http://www.gateworld.net/ and http://www.gateworld.net/index.shtml

Are the Forum -> Site buttons working for you? example Forum to GW 1.JPG

If none of the above options work,this could be a browser issue or if you/others had to manually type the address into google, it may have led you to an old cached set of links.
                              Clear your cache,cookies and browser and try again if that's the case.

If after all that you still can't get into the main GW Homepage/articles,I'll mail Darren and ask him or Greg to run some tests.

Comment

Now works. But at that point of time there was a major page from the host about the server being under heavy load. And thanks for a quick response.
                                • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                                • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                                • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Working...
                                X